SooWon || Overtake

C'est La Vie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

for dukongie

 

Overtake

~flow19~

 

“Good morning, Chief Jung. Good morning, Director Kim.”

If it was at all possible, both Chief Superintendent Jung Yunho and Police Director Kim Jaejoong blinked in surprise; the fact that the new arrival didn’t bother to greet the third and final male in the room not going unnoticed. It confused them even more when the said male merely frowned yet said nothing.

“Good morning.” Jaejoong easily greeted in return as the lone female in the room settled on the last vacant seat. “Everything okay?”

“Just peachy.” Superintendent Choi Sooyoung smiled wryly.

Yunho cleared his throat, shooting the Director a pointed look before he spoke. “Now that we’re all here… I’d like to get updates about the progress of the mission. Anything?”

Sooyoung stiffened slightly in her seat, glancing very quickly at the still silent man across the table before she replied. “Despite the initial reports we received a few days ago, the subject was not seen in last night’s gala… though many of the night’s guests revealed that they know him.”

Jaejoong arched an eyebrow. “Like who?”

A ghost of a wry smirk made its way to her lips. “I think that question is better suited for Senior Superintendent Choi Siwon, sir.”

“Uh…” He fought the urge to make a face as he turned his attention to the youngest male in the room. “Well?”

“I spoke to Stephanie Hwang, a well-known socialite.” Siwon replied through nearly clenched teeth. “She told me that her father used to do business with the subject but that’s all she knows.”

                Jaejoong and Yunho could only exchange a look at that; the very uncomfortable expression on Siwon’s face and the carefully masked look on Sooyoung were more than enough indication that something happened in the gala the previous night involving Stephanie Hwang. Though the two men knew that their officers did their best to separate their personal lives with work, it was nearly impossible at times.

“Were you able to get any information about his whereabouts?” Yunho asked.

“We were able to get a few possible leads last night and we were planning to follow them today.” Siwon’s voice was strained as he spoke. “Or at least that was the plan.”

Jaejoong let out an inaudible sigh; expectant eyes falling on the silent female. “Sooyoung?”

:That’s the plan, sir.”

“Okay, that’s it. I don’t know what’s wrong with you two but it is of utmost importance that the subject is arrested and sent to jail.” Yunho said firmly, sending a pointed look at the two officers. “It would be best if you two set aside your problems first or get it over with for the sake of this case.”

Siwon stood and bowed apologetically. “I’m sorry, sir.”

“We’ll work harder.” Sooyoung said from her place, still not looking at Siwon.

“Good.” Jaejoong nodded. “If that’s the case, you two are dismissed.”

                Not really needing to be told twice, Sooyoung was out of her seat and out of the door once the words left the Director’s mouth. Siwon could only smile and ran a hand down his face, mustering a small yet grateful smile when Yunho clamped a supportive hand on his shoulder. With the two wishing h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter