SooWon || The Kids' Table

C'est La Vie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

for SyStMilk

 

The Kids' Table

~flow19~

 

In every party, there is always a kids’ table.

You know, that usually smaller than usual table with smaller than usual chairs where all the kids are supposed to eat in.

                It’s that one table or two that’s always noisy and rowdy and just plain messy. It’s where kids who know each other stay so that they are always together even in eating or where children placed so that they can meet other kids in the party or gathering and make new friends. Surely, this isn’t a concept that’s foreign to you, isn’t it? The latter part of what I just said happens to be how one Choi Siwon and one Choi Sooyoung met during Jessica Jung’s seventh birthday party.

                Siwon and his family had been new residents of the neighbourhood where the Jungs lived for about a month and since their mothers got along very well, Siwon had been invited to Jessica’s birthday since he was a neighbor and he was a good friend she and a certain boy named Kim Heechul had in common. And when it was time to eat, all the parents got food for their children and settled them down on the kids’ table. There was a vacant chair to his right and Siwon hoped one of his new friends would sit by his side but then a girl, tall yet younger than him, sat down on the empty seat; her mother putting a plate heaping with food in front of her.

“Who are you?”

Siwon blinked. “I’m Choi Siwon.”

“Oh. I’ve never seen you before.” She said with stark honesty. “I’m Choi Sooyoung.”

“I’ve never seen you too.” The dark haired boy said in return. “Are you from here?”

Sooyoung shook her head. “No, I’m from another place but it’s still here in Seoul.”

“That’s cool.” He nodded slowly. “You’re friends with Jessica?”

“She’s my best friend.” The tall girl beamed. “You’re friends with her too?”

“I… guess.” Siwon scratched the back of his head.

“Then we can be friends too!”

That’s how it began, basically.

                With every party that they were both invited in as they grew up, they had always made it a point to stay beside each other. And so, Choi Siwon and Choi Sooyoung became best friends. It sounds like a simple start but don’t you think it’s a beauty of being children? Nothing is complicated and complex. What matters is the here and now. What matter are the games to be played, the food to be eaten and the pranks to be part of.

“Uh… I’m not so sure about that.” Nine year old Siwon said hesitantly; he and his best friend beging the only children left in the table. “I think Heechul hyung… No, I’m sure Heechul hyung will get really mad.”

“No, he won’t.” Sooyoung waved it off nonchalantly. “He can never get mad at Jessica.”

“But that’s Jessica.” He reminded. “He’s going to kill us if we replace his nail polish with paint.”

“But we’re just Jessica’s partners-in-crime. She already told me she’ll take the full blame.” The brunette grinned triumphantly. “Come on, oppa! Please! This will be fun!”

Siwon let out a sigh. “As long as I can say I told you so if hyung gets mad…”

“Deal!”

And of course, it goes without saying…

“I told you so.”

“Oppa, that’s the fifth time you said it!” Sooyoung whined. “I get it already!”

Siwon smirked. “You never said anything about how many times I can say it.”

         

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter