Blind Date?? WHAT??!!

Crazy Little Thing Called "Boyfriend"??
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

**Ogata Fai's POV**

 

 

“Uwahhhh!! I’m excited for next week…” I heard Rio-chan say while she opens her locker door. She twisted the key to the right and revealed all her books inside the small box and noticed a small note hanging loosely near the edge.

 

Me and Kim-chan just watched her open the small envelope and as if she suddenly forgot her thought just now, she smiled as she read the name on its surface – saying “To Princess”

 

We leaned forward to see what’s written inside and to our surprise, it was a one of the pick-up lines I swear I saw on the internet the other day. That brat Ryosuke surely knows how to show off some of his cheesy-ness.

 

“There are 20 angels in the world 11 are playing, 8 are sleeping and 1 of them is reading this note and will have a date with me within seconds.”

 

 

I saw Kim-chan rolling her eyes while Rio on the other hand giggled in the process. I can’t believe the YamaRio couple sometimes. They just have to practically let the whole world know that they’re for each other. And of course, the couple Kim and Kei is not there to lose face. Even though they always argue on who’s the smartest, these two can definitely make flowers bloom whenever.

 

To let this story short, I’m a loner you see. Yes – a loner. I’m one of those people who just clap whenever I see my friends being all lovey-dovey in front of me. It’s not that I’m bitter about it, boys just don’t seem to approach me. That’s their problem… not mine.

 

“Stop giggling in front of that note Rio-chan… It might melt soon…” Kim-chan laughed at Rio’s state and just grabbed the note to put it back inside her locker  

 

*

 

“Wait~ Fai-chan … You should come with us!!” my daze suddenly got disturbed by Rio-chan’s comment and nearly choked with my own saliva. I looked at her peculiarly and felt the urge to quickly shake my head in disagreement.

 

“What? You want me to come? So, like, I’ll be a third wheel and be the chaperone? I don’t think so Rio…” I said then turned around to make the impression that I am indeed against the idea.

 

“Chotto… I didn’t say you’ll be our chaperone, silly…” Rio grinned at me for approximately 5 seconds… As for that, I know she’s thinking something I am NOT gonna like. Within some moments of her evil gaze, I saw Kim nee-chan following her actions as if getting the same brainwaves as the girl opposite her. I gulped once after seeing this scene and just felt myself being trapped by their evil auras.

 

“We should set you up with someone so you can go… It can be a triple date!!” Kim-chan continued and pulled off her signature ‘troll face’ that she seem to have learned from Hikaru… “Oh~ make that quadruple date. I bet I can persuade Amu-chan and Dai-chan to come along too…”

 

Yes! There’s another couple - Amu-chan and Dai-chan. You know when I said I’m a loner? I won’t back out from that statement. Like Rio and Ryosuke, these guys won’t be beaten too. Amu and Daiki are as sweet as a chocolate sundae ice cream that even ants will develop diabetes when eaten. I actually remember the time when Dai-chan dressed up as a penguin just to cheer up his dear Amu. What a sweet tale… Errmmm… perhaps… TOO CHEESY FOR OGATA FAI! Mwahaha~ 

 

 

“OYYY! Are you listening to me, missy?” Kim-chan shook me slightly that woke me from my thoughts. I day dream easily these days, I don’t know why. Probably because of the smell of spring coming our way with all of these love birds chirping around me… Oh wait~ IT’S NEARLY HOLLOWEEN FOR PETE’S SAKE!!! GIVE ME FRANKENSTEIN AS A BOYFRIEND FOR ALL THAT MATTERS! GEEZ~~

 

 

I was about to protest on the said plan but these two girls doesn’t seem to understand my way of saying “NO FREAKIN WAY” through body language. Because of this, they just continued telling me their own plans.

 

“I know a very very very cute guy at work… He’s about a year older than me but he’s cute. He’s Manager-san’s son.”

 

 

“Rio!!! I’m not gonna date a random guy from your work just to join you on your date… I’m quite alright, thank you… besides, I’m fine being single… you just go enjoy your triple date next week” I finally had the chance to protest and hoping she would drop the subject. I turned around and went through my own locker next to her as a sighed deeply in depression.

 

 

“Ohayou… What are you guys talking about?”

 

*

 

Suddenly,

I heard a familiar voice over my shoulder which made me turn around.

 

It was Yuya. Oh~ I forgot to introduce you to this idiot. Hmmm~ nothing special really – just a basic erted pea brain. But he loves eavesdropping to other people’s conversation. Nosy brat!

 

 

“Ahhh… nothing! Rio is just setting me up with a random guy from work… What a great friend ne?” I replied sarcastically while looking at him.

 

 

“Hah… Like a blind date? That sounds interesting… I think you should go Fai-chan. This might be the last chance to get a boyfriend. ” he replied with a laugh… what a jerk! I gave him a sharp stare and stepped on his foot painfully.

Just like Kim and Kei, we argue a lot… but for us, VIOLENCE IS A MUST!

 

“What’s that supposed to mean, JERK?! For your information, I can get a boyfriend anytime!!” I said with an annoyed tone of voice then turned again to Rio while seeing him moan in pain after I stepped on his foot.

 

“I just don’t like to date some random guy… okay?”

 

“He’s not random… He’s a great guy from work. Can you please try it first before rejecting him? It can be like a blind date…  I just want to help you find a proper boyfriend… please please please!!” she said pulling out her signature puppy dog eyes in front of me.

 

“That look won’t work on me Rio…” I said while pinching her left cheek. That puppy dog eyes only works when Chinen does it.

 

Yet, after a few seconds, she continued to make that face and somehow…

 

“Wakatta… I’ll do it for you… But just this once okay? I don’t really like match making…”

 

Rio knew me too well. Even Kim-chan who just laughed at Takaki’s state, knew I’ll eventually give in and didn’t say much but threw a ‘high-five’ on Rio. These guys really know how to pull me into trouble.

 

“Yatta!!! I’ll call him and ask if he’s free tomorrow… I’ll tell him to call you ne?”

 

**

 

**the next day**

 

I still can’t believe I agreed to this. I am now waiting for Kudo-kun to arrive in an unknown restaurant near my house. Kudo-kun… Like Detective Conan’s Shinichi Kudo right? I’m indeed a great fan of detective books but this blind date is waaaaay too much as a start of my love story.

 

I’m kinda excited to see him (treat this as sarcasm). He sounded great over the phone (still sarcasm). Rio indeed didn’t forget to give my number to him. *sigh* I just love my best friend so much.

 

I waited for about 10 minutes and saw a man about my age walking towards me. “This must be him….” I thought to myself and arranged my attire.

 

“Anou~ Ogata-san?” he asked me slightly panting. His attire complimented perfectly to his skin pattern as the breeze slightly carried some of his fringe. I have to admit, for a guy chosen for me by Rio and Kim-chan, he’s handsome.

 

“Hai…”

 

“Wahhh… I’m sorry I’m late. I just got caught in traffic” he said with a smile while he scratched the back of his head cutely. He took a glance at his watch and then looked through my eyes deeply, making me lose some of my thoughts.

 

“It’s okay… I didn’t wait long anyway…”

 

“Yokatta… Rio-chan didn’t lie when she said her friend is cute” he said to me then I felt my cheeks burn up. It’s the first time a guy told this to me. Okay~ ALERT… Ogata Fai is blushing… WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH ME??!!!

 

I didn’t say anything because of embarrassment but fortunately, he sensed that it’s becoming awkward so he spoke again. Thank goodness for that… You see, I’m not good with awkward silence. It seems that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter