What Happened To Us?

Montage

 

How does she love thee? Let her tell you all the ways.

 

However, there are just too many of them to mention.

 

Since when did she start loving him? She didn’t really know exactly.

 

All I know was he was the first one to greet her with a friendly smile when she entered the company as a trainee. Within the new and unknown environment, she found a new friend in him. He was always there to lend a hand and guide her through. Even though, she received warnings regarding him being the “ladies’ man”, she ignored them because she could see the real person that he was behind that title. She knew he would never bring harm.

 

When the trainee period gets tough, he was always there as a shoulder to cry on. He provided her with soothing and encouraging words because among all the trainees out there, he was the one who could understand the most how it felt like to spend numerous years waiting for something that was not sure to come.

 

And when she finally debuted, he was the one that she always ran to when troubles came my way. Because among SMTown, only the two of them know the huge weight of responsibility in handling a large group. There, they found our common ground.

 

He was like a brother away from home, well initially. However, as the time passed by, she developed a liking for him which soon blossomed to a love story that she did not ever expect.

-----------------------

 

Purple petals dotted along the aisle guiding her way through the inside of an empty hall. Even though the large hall was only lit by a lone chandelier, the entire hall was shining brightly due to the several lighted scented candles placed in small glasses dispersed all over the place. At the end of the aisle, there was Leeteuk playing the grand piano.

 

“Op-oppa, what is this? Taeyeon, who was standing at the middle of the hall, asked.

 

“Do you remember my motto?” he asked.

 

“Yes.”

 

“Perform like it’s the last peformance. Live like it is the last day of your life…” He recited.

 

“…Love like you have never loved before.” Taeyeon and Leeteuk chorused. Taeyeon suddenly became teary-eyed.

 

“I don’t want to waste the chance to love you. I really love you, Taeyeon. Will you be mine?” With a bated breath, he waited for her answer.

 

“Oppa, yes. I do. I love you too.” Taeyeon answered.

 

Leeteuk stood up and ran toward her. He wrapped her arms tightly around her petite body and Taeyeon hugged him back.

---------------------

 

That single memory gave way to all other thousand memories. Back then, those were all picture-perfect memories but now, they have become merely faded photographs of the past.

 

“What happened to us, Taeyeon?”    

“What happened to us, Jungsu?”

Is this the price of fame?

 

Only these questions remained in their minds waiting to be answered.