Prologue: Parallel Lives

Montage

 

“Unnie, he’s leaving,” Yoona said.

 

“I know. I have heard of it. You don’t have to remind me.” Taeyeon answered.

 

Yoona was taken aback. “Shouldn’t you be doing something?” she asked.

 

“I have said whatever I wanted to say to him. That’s enough.” She said and she dismissed herself to her room.

 

Outside she could be the firm and steadfast leader, one that could just easily put aside all those unnecessary feelings because she, as the leader of the top girl group of South Korea, must be the one who is strong. She must be the one who must remain standing even if the all the others fall apart. She must be the one who must always keep her head even when everyone loses theirs.

 

Most of all, she must be the one who should not be affected by the affairs of the heart. Her heart should be formidable, formidable enough not to be destroyed by the worst storms. She rendered her heart to be formidable and cold so that she would not be able to feel anything anymore. None at all. No pains, no heartaches.

 

However once she entered her room, she once again became Kim Taeyeon, a very different person from SNSD’s Kim Taeyeon. And all her fronts that she put up to the crowd all dissolved into nothing.

 

Because she, Kim Taeyeon is not as strong as the SNSD’s leader. Behind the scene, Kim Taeyeon is the one who actually falls apart and needs someone to pull her up.

 

She is the one who easily loses her head amidst the confusion.

 

She is the girl that is easily affected by the affairs of the heart.

 

Because her heart is not as formidable as it seems.

 

No matter how much she wanted to act cold towards him, she couldn’t. No matter how much she wanted to deny the feeling, it is still there and it is more evident than ever. And it is killing her.

 

Kim Taeyeon will once again crumble and only moonlight and the stars will know the fragile Taeyeon that she is.

 

Because unlike the leader of SNSD, Kim Taeyeon cannot sacrifice her one and only love.   

 


 

 

“Is she still not returning your calls?”  Donghae asked.

 

Leeteuk shook his head.

 

“If this goes on like this…”

 

“I know. You don’t have to remind me.”

 

“Do you want us to help you do something?” his kind dongsaeng offered.

 

“No. I can manage this.” Leeteuk said simply. “I am fine.” And then he dismissed himself to his room.

 

Outside he could be the tough and strict leader, one that could easily set aside those feelings of difficulty and always put on a cheerful façade.  As the leader of the top boy group of South Korea, he must be the one who is strong. He must be the one who must remain standing when all the others fall apart. He must be the one who must always keep his head even when everyone loses theirs.

 

Above all these, he must be the one who will not easily be affected by the worst of scandals and most especially by the affairs of the heart. His heart should be formidable, formidable enough not to crumble against the weight of the world. His heart should be trained to be as hard as stone, so that he would not be able to feel anything at all. No pains, no heartaches.

 

However once he entered his room, he once again became Park Jungsu, a very different person from Super Junior’s Leeteuk. And he watched his mask shattered into pieces.

 

Because he, Park Jungsu is not as strong as Leeteuk. Once in a while, Park Jungsu steps in and displays his weakness and can’t help but shows to the people that he falls apart too like an ordinary human, that sometimes he needs the others to pick him up too.

 

He is the one who loses his head easily amidst the despair.

 

He is the man who is easily affected by the affairs of the heart.

 

Because his heart is not as formidable as it seems.

 

No matter how much he wanted to pretend that he is fine, he couldn’t. No matter how much he tells his heart that he will get over her, his heart just yearns for her even more. And it is killing him.

 

Park Jungsu will once again break down and only moonlight and the stars will know the vulnerable Jungsu that he is.

 

Because unlike Super Junior’s Leeteuk, Park Jungsu cannot let go of his one and only love.