...

✦calypso writing contest✦ (ノ。◕‿◕)ノ☆.。.:*・°☆. [closed, winner in last chapter]

I've gotten a question as to what first person writing is.

 

I'll give an example.

 

That day, I tried so hard, but I just couldn't do it. I couldn't go back and I knew it was my fault. If only I was able to just think, then maybe, just maybe I would've been able to walk back into the room and tell her what I was feeling and why I did what I did. It wasn't like I cheated on her because I wanted to, I was drunk. Damn, I shouldn't even be allowed to say that, this whole mess was all my fault. I was the one that did choose to cheat. If I had just pushed the urges down, then I wouldn't be in a state of confusion. I would probably still be with her and we would be happy.

 

Now here is an example of 2nd person:

 

That day, you tried so hard, but you just couldn't do it. You couldn't go back and you knewit was your fault. If only you were to think, than maybe, just maybe you would've been able to walk back into the room and tell her what you were feeling and you did what you did. It wasn't like you cheated on her because you wanted to, you were drunk. Damn, you think to yourself. You shouldn't even be allowed to think that, it was your fault. You were the one that did choose to cheat. If only you had pushed the urges down, then you wouldn't be in this state of confusion. You would probably still be with her and you would probably be happy.

 

Now here is and example of third person:

 

That day, he tried so hard, but he just couldn't do it. He wasn't able to go back and he knew it was his fault. He thought that maybe if he was able to think, then maybe, just maybe he would've been able to walked back into the room and tell her what he was feeling and he did what he did. It wasn't like he cheated on her because he wanted to, he was drunk for christsake. Damn, he thought to himself. He shouldn't even be allowed to think like that. He knew deep down it was all his fault. He was the one that chose to cheat. If only he had pushed the urges down, then maybe he wouldn't be stuck in th state of confusion. He would probably still be with her and he would probably still be happy.

 

As you see, all three types are different, but I was still able to deliver the same message with all three, but just written differently. The kind of stories I want submitted would be in first person perspective. Hope this will help with your submission.

 

good luck.