[OS] The Guy That Has Changed My Life

[OS] The Guy That Has Changed My Life

Fiq’s POV :

'Krrriiinnnggg!'

I made my way to my first class, History. I walked to where my seat is and hang my sling bag on the side of my chair. I took out my History textbook. History is like my bestest friend ever! Whenever History is in front of me, I felt very happy and that all my burdens on my shoulders are lifted. I flipped to the page where I have stopped earlier and glued my eyes onto the printed pages.

'Students, we have a new student that will be joining our class this year. Why don't you introduce yourself?' Ms Jang Mi's voice blared throughout the class. Talking bout big voices, she has once caused a window to break by shouting at us, well not me, for not keeping quiet.

I kept doing what I'm doing without moving any muscle. Not even taking a peek at who that new student is. I grabbed a bottle of water in my bag and twist open the cap.

'Ne~ Annyeonghaseyo. Chonun Jinki imnida. Mannaso bangapsumnida. Do take care of me, ya~' He saluted to the class.

The next thing I know, girls around me are squeaking bout him or so that it's called.

'Students, calm down! You don't want me to break another window, do you?' She asked and that leads to a total silence.

As I was gulping down the water, Ms Jang Mi said something that made me almost spray the water out of my mouth. She said, 'Jinki, why don't you go sit beside Fiq? There's an empty spot beside her.'

'Ahh~ Ne~' He said. He came walking towards me and got into the chair beside me.

'Annyeonghaseyo, chonun Jinki imnida. Or you can call me by my nickname which is only~ you ~ Onew,' he introduced himself to me and held out his hands for a handshake. I nodded at him and continued indulging into my History.

Onew’s POV :

Omo, she's mute? Aigoo~ I'd better ask one of my future friends in this class about this. *sighs*

'Krrriiinnnggg!'

'Yah, yah, yah! My man, Onew!' Someone came hugging me and pats me on the back.

'Omo! Key! It's been a while!' I returned his hug. Key is my childhood friend and I've not seen him since I went to America.

'How have you been doing there in America?' He asked.

'Pretty fine,' I answered.

'Oh hey, do you know the girl sitting beside me? What's her name?' I asked him.

'Fiq? Yeah. Well all of us know her actually. She's this campus' top student. Trust me, her grades are insane!' Key exclaimed.

'Wow!' I have never seen a girl like her who's such a genius. The next Einstein, I guess.

'Is she kinda mute?' I asked further. Key then shot me a shocked look with his eyes wide open.

'Who told you that nonsense?!' He yelled out of disbelief.

'A-aniyo. She's not answering to anything I said to her,' I explained and he smirked.

'Well, that's normal,' he said.

'Normal? What do you mean normal?' I asked.

'Fiq's an introvert. She barely talks to us. In a nicer word, she's a loner,' he explained to me.

'We better be fast if you don't wanna miss today's special!' Key continued, dragging me to the cafeteria.

'Poor Fiq,' I thought to myself. I've gotta do something to help her. I don't know why I wanna help her but
there's this something bout her that attracted me to her.

Fiq’s POV :

'Onew... What a cute name,' I thought to myself. And he, himself is cute too. Aish! Brush that off, Fiq!

Onew’s POV :

Days passed. I tried to communicate with her and she interacted. Yes! I have helped her bit by bit. But there's still a long way to go.

Fiq’s POV :

Onew has indeed helped me out in lots of stuffs. From transforming my introvertic self to a more communicative self. He often walks me home and accompanies me wherever I go.

Somehow, I felt I have developed an unusual feeling towards him. The feeling that I have never experienced before. My heart pounds ultimately hard whenever he's around me and I felt I could share almost everything with him. What could this feeling mean?

One night...

He walked me home from the campus' library tonight. As usual. When I said that I could go home by myself, he will go all like, 'No! It'll be dangerous for a sweet girl like you to go home alone. So, I'll be your bodyguard til you reach your doorstep.' Needless to say, he will always send me til my doorstep and after he watches me going into my house, he leaves. His gentleman acts has made me like him. Is it 'like'? Or 'fallen in love'? This is what you get from a girl who is an introvert. *sighs*

'Uwa~' Onew said as he stretches his arms wide. I chuckled.

'Aww... You are cute,' he said as he suddenly turned and face me while walking. I startled and I could feel that blood is rushing to my cheeks. I walked faster and away from him, hoping that he will not see me blushing.

Unfortunately, I accidentally sprained my right ankle in front of him. I have no idea on what had caused my ankle to be sprained but it hurts so much that I fell flat with my on the floor. I swore there MUST be a black cat strolling in front of me that caused me into a 'joyful moment'.

'Omo! Fiq! Gwaenchana?' He ran towards me and touches my right, swollen ankle.

'Ouch! It's painful...' I said.

'Hmm... Can you get up?' He asked. I tried to get up but my knees are too weak to stand and my right ankle hurts too much. He held swiftly onto my hands as my body starts to tremble. I shook my head in despair. He then squats in front of me with his back facing me.

'Get on,' he said. He then extends both his arms out for me to hold onto them while waiting for me to get on his back.

'I'm warning you. I'm pretty heavy, you know,' I said, waiting for a response by him. But he did not move a single muscle. He just squats there with both of his hands extended.

'Don't say I didn't warn you,' I said as I wrapped my arms around his neck as he grabs hold of my knee while he gets up. I held onto his neck tightly as he propped me up to make sure that I stay in position. So tight that I could hear him choke.

'Omo, mianhae, Onew,' I apologised. He smirked.

'Gwaenchana~ I'm still alive and strong enough to carry you,' Onew said.

'By the way, did you eat too much chicken? Coz you are like super heavy as if I'm carrying a bag full of chickens!' He jestered while he propped me up into position again.

'Yah!' I slapped his back playfully.

'If I'm so heavy for you, then just let me down. I can walk by myself,' I said, feeling kinda offensed by what he had said. Well, I DID warn him didn't I? *sighs*

'Okay okay. You are not heavy. You are as light as a piece of feather lying on my back,' he answered immediately. I just kept quiet. My eyes are getting drowsy and his back is just so nice to lean on. So comfortable. Like a fluffy pillow.

After a while...

Onew’s POV :

'Yah~ Are... you mad at me?' I asked Fiq. But there's no answer from her.

'Fiq?' I tried calling her again. Still. No response from her. I turned my head slightly to the right and saw her reflection on the glass mirror of a lighting shop. She was dozing off on my back. I stared at the way she sleeps on the mirror for a while. She looks so cute like a baby that's asleep.

I carried on giving her a piggy-back ride all the way to her home. As I reached the junction of her house, I saw a stern looking dude on her doorstep who kept on looking at his watch and then scans the surroundings for something or someone to show up. By the look of his face, I could tell that he's Fiq's brother. But somehow I felt kinda scared of him. Maybe it's the expression he has on his face or maybe it's his tall figure. I gathered my guts and walked up to him with Fiq held onto my back, sleeping.

'Annyeonghaseyo,' I greeted him. The stare from his eyes really does freak me out.

'Ne, annyeonghaseyo. Are you Fiq's chingu? Can I know how she ended up like this?' He asked and he sounded as if he's questioning a criminal while he's at it.

'Ahh~ N-ne, I'm her chingu. Name's Jinki. But you can just call me Onew,' I said and I smiled at him. He just stood there while looking back at me, expressionless.

The look of his face really does send goosebumps down my spine besides horror movies. Ju-On to be exact. I hate that movie! With that creepy kid making the door creaking sound and all. A-a-k-k-k. Aish! Now you are imagining back the movie! Delete that imagination! I don't wanna spend another week, sleeping with lights on in my room. *sighs*

He smiled at me suddenly. That dude is freaky! He then extended his arms forward for a handshake.

'I'm Minho, Fiq's brother,' he introduced himself. I shook his hands with my right hand while supporting Fiq
at my back with the other hand.

'Minho hyung, mannaso bangapsumnida,' I replied.

'Ne, nado,' Minho hyung replied. Perhaps he is not that freaky after all. He's friendly. Just then I felt Fiq is sliding down my back. I propped her up again that resulted her to be awake.

'O-onew? Where are we?' She murmured under her breath.

'Omo, Minho oppa!' She yelled suddenly.

'Palli, put me down!' She whispered to me while slapping my back gently.

'Wae didn't you tell me that we have reached my house?' She continued to ask.

'Well, coz you have fell asleep and I don't wanna disturb you,' I explained and winked at her.

Fiq’s POV :

Omo, he winked at me! God, he's so cute! No, wait! God, I'm so dead!! Minho oppa's certainly gonna let out a bag full of questions that's so gonna explode like fireworks non-stop. Looks like I'm gonna face the music later. It's even better if he knows how to sing. *sighs*

'Well, I'd better get going now. Annyeong Minho hyung!' Onew said, waving at Minho oppa.

'Annyeong, Fiq~' Onew said and he winked at me. He then saluted his way home. Double dead! Felt like I'm being killed by him twice, if that's not enough.

'Fiq,' Minho oppa called out to me. Uh-oh, World War IV is gonna start soon. Do seat back and enjoy ne~ *sighs*

'Ne, oppa,' I said in a gloomy tone as I head into the house and get my weapons ready in the living room

'Sit. I've got something to talk to you,' Minho oppa commanded. I did as he said. I got onto one of the
couch near him and wait for the blast of music I've been waiting 'for ages'. I look at his stern face.

Out of expectations, he grinned. He's just so freaky. Even though he's my oppa, sometimes I have to ask myself twice, 'Are you really related to him?'

'Who's that? That guy just now?' He asked while smiling broadly.

'Your aein?' He continued asking.

'A-aniyo! He's just a chingu...' Did I just say that? That answer is so lame, Fiq! *sighs*

'Cheongmal?' He widen his eyes while he asks. Aww... Cute oppa.

'N-ne~ Cheongmal,' I stuttered when I answer him and I don't know why. He burst into laughter when he
hears my answer.

'Uri dongsaeng is changing~' He clasp his hands and exclaimed excitedly.

'M-mwo? Changing?' I was puzzled.

'Ne! Don't you remember? You used to be very umm...' He paused while thinking for the right word.

'Introvert? I know I am,' I said.

'Na-ah. Not introvert. Well, you are one. But that's not the word I'm looking for. Hmm...' He made the thinking pose. That's so him.

'Self-absorbed! Yes!' He snapped his fingers.

'You used to be very self-absorbed. You will always sit there alone and do everything on your own. You barely communicate with other people. In other word, you used to be very lonely... But not anymore,'
Minho oppa said and he smiled.

'Well, I do agree that is me... But...' I replied but then he cut my words.

'Is it because of that guy?' He asked.

'U-umm...' No, wait! Please don't lost for words here! Not in the middle of something like this! Aish! Think Fiq, think!

'I knew it. You like him, don't you?' He looked at me. Again. I'm lost for words. Screw you, Mr. Brain!

'Koktchongma. I'll keep this a secret between the two of us ne~' He said further. I smiled at him.

'Ne~' I answered.

'Uwa~ I still can't believe that my dongsaeng is falling in love!' I shushed him.

'Mwo? Eyy, it's true then,' Minho oppa said, throwing his hands up in the air as though the team he supported has just scored a goal in soccer!

'Mwo? What is true?' I can be quite blurred out at times.

'You and him. What's his name? Ondu? Yeah, I guess the name's Ondu. Yeah, Ondu,' he said. I burst out
laughing.

'Wae? Did I said something wrong? His name is Ondu, right?' He asked.

'Aniyo, oppa~ It's Onew, O-ni-u,' I corrected him.

'Oh yeah, Onew. What a weird name,' he said.

'Yah, oppa! Don't say like that bout him!'

'Wow! Fiq is grown up! She has even defended her Romeo!' He exclaimed.

'Aish! Yah, oppa! I'm very tired now and I don't have the strength to fight with you, oppa. I'm going to hit the sack now. Jalja,' I said to him and I could hear him chuckling by himself when I'm shuffle my way to my room. *sighs*

The next day...

I go to campus with a bandage covering my right swollen ankle. Onew came extra early today and waited for me at the front door. I smiled at him when I caught him looking at me. He came hurriedly to me and grabbed all my books including my sling bag from me

'Y-yah! Onew, what are you doing?' He ignored my question and assist me to class by holding my hands tightly.

Onew’s POV :

I held onto her hands tightly as I'm afraid to see her fall again. The moment she fell last night, I felt like there's a tonne of stone being thrown at my chest. It felt very painful.

As I help her to her seat, the whole class began to cheer. I can feel that Fiq's blushing and she feels awkward at the same time. I shushed them by saying, 'The loudspeaker aka soprano is on her way!' Fiq then hit me on the arms.

'Yah! What's that for?' I asked her.

'For referring Ms Jang Mi as the loudspeaker and soprano,' she replied.

'Aka. Not and,' I stressed on the word ‘and’ and winked at her.

'You're bad,' she said as I help her to her seat. I could see her smiling beneath her falling hair. I brushed her hairs to the back. She turned and look at me. Then, she gives me something that I've been longing from her. That sincere, sweet, angelic smile. I smiled back at her.

After school that day...

'Fiq, are you free later?' I asked her.

'Hmm... Ne~ Waeyo? Is there any project up for us?' She asked me back. I gotta figure out some lie so that she'll turn up later.

'Yeah~ For Chemistry. Mr. Jin had assigned us to prepare out the stuff for his next class. We'll discuss bout this later, okay?'

Fiq’s POV :

'We'll discuss bout this later, okay?' Onew said.

'Ne. What time and where will we meet?' I asked for the details.

'Hmm... At about 6? Meet at the beach,' he replied.

'Mwo? Beach??' I asked as I'm confused on why he chose to meet at the beach for a Chemistry project.

'I gotta go now! See you later, Fiq!' He saluted and off he go.

'Yah!' I shouted at him but all he did is just a wave. *sighs*

At 6 that day...

Clad in a floral print dress and a pair of sandals with my bandage still covering my right ankle, I go to the beach he's talking about.

'Eh? Am I too early? He's not even here yet,' I muttered to myself.

I sat on the sandy beach while waiting for him.

The sound of the waves hitting the shores is so soothing and calm. I closed my eyes and enjoy the calmness of the sound. Just then, a pair of hands came from the back and closed my eyes. I was startled by that action.

'It's only~ you~' That person said. Knowing who that is, I chuckled.

'Onew~' We said in unison. I smiled at him.

'Do you know that you look prettiest when you smile?' he said to me while tucking my hair behind my ear. Again. My cheeks are turning red.

'How’s your ankle? Better? ' Onew asked.

'Ne~ But it’s still swollen,' I pouted. He chuckled.

'Oh ya, Onew ah~ About our Chemistry project...' He shushed me and said, 'Let's watch the sunset together ne~' He then placed his arms around me. My heart is oughta burst now! Help!

'The sunset is so pretty,' I said.

'Ne, and so are you,' he said.

'N-ne?' I turned my head to face him.

'Saranghae, Fiq,' Onew said and he pulls me into his arms. I was stammered for words.

'Cheongmal saranghae, Fiq,' he continued, whispering to my ear.

I smiled and replied, 'Nado saranghae, Onew.'

He released me from his hug and have me looking at him in the eyes. Such nice eyes. His eyes are the windows to my soul. All I could do then was to smile at him. And he smiled back.

'You have something on your lips,' he said while touching his lips.

'N-ne?' I wiped my lips several times with my finger and look at it. There's not a single spot there.

'Where?' I asked him and I kept on wiping my lips. He chuckled.

'Here,' he said as he leaned in and plants his lips on mine. I was stoned and my eyes went bulging out. He then hugged me.

'Saranghae, Fiq Fiq,' Onew confessed. I laughed at the nickname he gave me.

'Nado and my heart is now dominated by Only You,' I said while grinning. He chuckled.