Touchdown

The Name of the Game

Kyuhyun looked down at the clothes at him with revulsion. He snapped at Victoria and Gyuri, “I said I’m gay, I didn’t say I’m a !”

Victoria just laughed and held up the slinky, black top to Kyuhyun’s torso while Gyuri just frowned and told Kyuhyun to shut up because they know what they were doing.

It was an hour before Siwon’s party and the two girls had turned up at Kyuhyun’s dorm room to give him what they called “proper party clothes” and had told him to take off what he was wearing because they were not going to let him go to Siwon’s party dressed like a grandpa.

It was quite fortunate that Sungmin, his roommate, was visiting his parents this weekend and so would be spared the sight of Kyuhyun being stripped, pulled and pushed into ultra tight clothes that were probably meant for someone who was surely a size smaller than him. And the girls weren’t just satisfied with that; they also had to put gel on his hair, eyeliner on his eyes and no matter how much Kyuhyun protested, a thin coat of body oil on his exposed collar bones and chest.

Kyuhyun almost screamed when he saw himself in the mirror. And it wasn’t from delight, it was from sheer horror. He looked positively indecent! No one, absolutely no one, was going to believe that he wasn’t planning something bad when they see him in these clothes. And the idea hadn’t even crossed his mind because the only thing he wanted to get out of this party was for Siwon to start talking to him again. 

“This…what have you made me wear?!” Kyuhyun demanded angrily trying to his top which clung to him like a second skin but the zipper got stuck halfway and wouldn’t budge. Gyuri slapped his hands away and zipped it back up.

Victoria was still fixing his hair, “What do you mean?” she asked innocently but Kyuhyun wasn’t fooled. He knew that the more Victoria tried to look innocent, the more she was actually the opposite.

“Enough of this. We need to get going,” Gyuri said impatiently as she surveyed Kyuhyun one more time and picked up her bag, “I’ll drive us there.”

“Well obviously, since I can’t even bend in these clothes,” Kyuhyun retorted as he bent an elbow and expected the fabric to rip. It didn’t. He still snarled though, “And who says I’ll let you two do this to me? I’m not stepping out of this room until you make me wear something decent!”

*************

“You look y, hyung!”

Kyuhyun glared at Minho but he was just met with a smile. The Kyu-line members had met up outside the Choi mansion and were now inside the hallway. Victoria and Gyuri had dared to drag him to the car and if only it wouldn’t be considered barbaric, Kyuhyun seriously contemplated strangling them both.

At his side, Changmin was also scowling fiercely. Apparently, the girls had gone to him first and dressed him up too before giving him to Jonghyun and Ryeowook with the strictest instructions that he should appear at the party as they have dressed him.

Kyuhyun didn’t know who had the worse outfit between them. Changmin was also wearing tight black leather pants just like him but he was wearing a white dress shirt. Made entirely of see-through lace and gossamer fabric. 

Nobody needed any imagination to see what was underneath it.

The girls had got it into their heads right after Kyuhyun’s and Changmin’s announcement that afternoon that for their first social event after coming out, they should also wear something to signify their “rebirth”. Like a butterfly coming out of its chrysalis they said. Kyuhyun thought that nothing sounded more stupid than that. 

Oh well, at least the girls still didn’t know that they were playing their own version of their seduction game. Because if they did, Kyuhyun was sure that the level of embarrassment they were going to give him will go beyond dressing him up in shameless clothes. 

“Hey guys, glad that you can make it,” Siwon appeared to greet them. “Drinks are on the table and there’s a barbecue outside. Just go and help yourselves to anything.”

Siwon was his usual smiley and charming self but Kyuhyun couldn’t miss the way that he avoided meeting his eyes. Still, he hadn’t missed the slight tinge of red creeping up from Siwon’s neck and Kyuhyun was intrigued. Intrigued and confused at what was Siwon’s game. He made Uee invite him here and yet, he still couldn’t talk to him like before.

Kyuhyun started to get a little irritated and made his way to where the alcohol was. He was waylaid though by Yoona, one of his juniors who he was close to. 

“Hey oppa! You look really nice!” she said smilingly as she touched his shoulder.

Kyuhyun smiled down at her, “You look really nice too,” he then added teasingly, “Trying to impress anyone I know?”

Yoona pouted and punched his arm playfully. Then a voice suddenly interrupted them, “Yoona, can you help me with this?”

It was Siwon and he was holding a tray with some tiny sandwiches on it. Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow as Yoona excused herself and was taken away by their host.

Kyuhyun’s irritation grew but he finally got to the drinks table and got himself a can of beer before making his way to the backyard where the barbecue was. He had only gone a few steps when an arm was suddenly slung around his shoulders.

“I’m pretty sure you didn’t pick that outfit yourself. You don’t have that kind of good taste,” it was Zhou Mi, the Chinese exchange student at their department. Kyuhyun slightly elbowed him in annoyance but Zhou Mi just chuckled and put his arm around his waist this time. “You smell good too.”

Kyuhyun just rolled his eyes as Zhou Mi jokingly leaned closer to him to sniff in an exaggerated manner. They were now in the backyard which was dominated by the presence of the soccer varsity team who looked to be the ones responsible in barbecuing.

“Wow! Siwon looks about to kill me!” Kyuhyun instantly looked at Zhou Mi and followed the other’s gaze and was surprised to see Siwon with his eyes narrowed at Zhou Mi. He saw Kyuhyun looking at him however and averted his gaze.

“What did I do?” Zhou Mi asked worriedly in a whisper.

Kyuhyun comforted him, “I don’t think it’s you personally,” I actually think it’s me. “He’s probably just stressed in keeping this party going.”

Zhou Mi nodded, apparently satisfied with his explanation. He released Kyuhyun as he approached the boys working the grill and asked how he could help.

Kyuhyun leisurely circled around the grills, all the while aware of Siwon’s movements. If Siwon didn’t want to talk to him, then let him follow him around like a lost puppy. He had seen that the older boy was surreptitiously keeping an eye on him so he purposefully moved in the opposite direction every time.

His revolution around the barbecue grills led him near to Yunho and Changmin and he was near enough to hear Yunho ask mockingly, “Aren’t you cold in that top?”

Changmin just smirked, “How did you know I was cold? Is something jutting out my shirt? Something from my chest perhaps?”

Yunho’s jaw dropped and his face suddenly flamed. He almost dropped the glass he was holding.

Kyuhyun swiftly went away. He was sure he did not want to hear innuendoes like that coming from his friend’s mouth. Ew!

“Hey, I don’t think we’ve been introduced yet,” a tall boy suddenly appeared in front of Kyuhyun with his hand outstretched, “I’m Yoochun, by the way.”

Kyuhyun tried to stay calm, “I-I’m Kyuhyun,” he said as he took the hand and shook it. He definitely knew who this boy was. This was like his idol! Part of the reason why he enrolled in this university was because of Park Yoochun. He came from the same high school as Kyuhyun did but Yoochun was already a senior and the school’s king-ka when Kyuhyun entered high school and their paths never crossed. It was the same situation in college but now here was Yoochun himself, shaking his hand.

And here he was, too starstruck to realize that he was still not letting go of his hand. Yoochun was surprised but he just smiled charmingly though.

Kyuhyun felt someone pry his hand from the handshake, “Can I borrow Kyuhyun for a minute?” it was Siwon and he was smiling too pleasantly at Yoochun.

The other boy was amused, “Uh, sure?”

Siwon nodded at him and dragged Kyuhyun away. Kyuhyun was too surprised to argue. When he recovered after a few moments, he tried to tug his hand from Siwon’s grip. The other boy wasn’t letting go though.

They passed the kitchen, the dining room and Kyuhyun was thankful that the people they passed didn’t think anything was odd about the party’s host seemingly dragging a guest quite too fast across the house. They reached the stairs and Siwon continued on and Kyuhyun wondered where he was being taken.

They got to the second floor and Siwon opened one of the doors and gently pushed Kyuhyun inside.

A quick look around the room he was in confirmed to Kyuhyun that he was in Siwon’s bedroom. He stood in the middle of the room, looking questioningly at his host.

Siwon had a hand at the back of his neck and seemed to be rubbing it in embarrassment, “I…ah. We need to talk.”

“I’m sorry.”

“Wha-…what?” Siwon was taken aback.

Kyuhyun just smiled at him. “I said I’m sorry. That’s the second time this week I’ve said that to you. But I mean it.” Oh come on, just accept it. I need to get back on your good side.

Siwon walked towards him but then he frowned when Kyuhyun stepped back from him, “What’s wrong?” he asked and there was a certain hurt in his voice.

Kyuhyun quickly said, “I don’t want to jinx my apology this time. You know what happened the last time I did.” Even though he tried to control it, Kyuhyun could feel the warmth in his cheeks.

It was nothing compared to Siwon’s face though!

“I know you didn’t mean to. I know it was an accident,” Kyuhyun wasn’t sure but did he actually hear regret in Siwon’s voice?

Siwon continued, “I’m sorry for acting such a coward. I just didn’t know how to face you.” He looked at Kyuhyun with an imploring look and Kyuhyun wondered why Siwon was the one apologizing to him.

“Don’t apologize. If the situation was reversed, I would have behaved the same way,” Kyuhyun replied with a smile. “Although to be honest, I would have probably punched you first then accepted your apology.” This was going far better than he had imagined. He had expected to give the most awkward apology to Siwon and that “thing” wasn’t even referred to. “By the way, why aren’t you angry?” he asked

Siwon didn’t meet his eyes and went back to rubbing the back of his neck, “I…uh…there wasn’t a reason to be angry. It was an accident after all?” He then looked at Kyuhyun as if he was expecting something.

Kyuhyun didn’t know what was expected of him though so he just asked, “So…am I forgiven?” 

Siwon looked somewhat disappointed but he smiled as he replied, “Yes of course. It really bothered me that I couldn’t talk to you.”

Kyuhyun just smiled back at him and they spent a few moments just smiling and looking at each other until Kyuhyun suggested, “Shall we go back downstairs?”

“Yeah. I guess so,” Siwon said a little reluctantly but he led Kyuhyun out and they found the party now in full swing downstairs.

Siwon was almost always at Kyuhyun’s side the whole night and Jonghyun and Minho grinned at him meaningfully. Changmin was nowhere to be found and Kyuhyun found out later from one of the soccer players that he had gotten himself drunk and was taken to a spare bedroom to sleep it off. Siwon didn’t mind having an unexpected overnight guest and he told Kyuhyun that Yunho was looking after Changmin so that Kyuhyun wouldn’t worry about his passed out friend.

Which was a lie because Changmin never got that drunk.

Eunhyuk approached him a few minutes later and told him that he was taking responsibility for taking Gyuri home since he was the one who got her drunk. Apparently, she drank the consequence rounds in a spin the bottle game that Eunhyuk couldn’t because he didn’t drink and he felt guilty. Kyuhyun listened with a frown before calling Jonghyun and telling him to go with them and make sure that Gyuri gets home safely.

Not ten minutes later, it was Nickhun who approached him with an almost similar situation with Victoria. And this time, it was Minho he appointed as chaperone.

Kyuhyun’s lip curled in distaste. He will call a special Kyu-line meeting this week and tell everyone off for how unoriginal and uncreative they were. Being drunk was the best trick they could come up with? He was personally offended. 

He wondered what Ryeowook was up to and got his answer as his phone vibrated. I left the party with someone. Don’t ask who because I won’t tell. And don’t sleep with Siwon yet!

Kyuhyun silently cursed his friend as he felt his cheeks flame. Who the hell was sleeping with whom?

“Hey Kuixian! Do you need a ride home?” Zhou Mi beamed at him. The guests were by now starting to leave in varying states of non-soberness and good humour. 

Before he could answer, Siwon suddenly interrupted, “I’ll take care of him. Thanks.”

“Oh, sorry,” Zhou Mi looked from Siwon to Kyuhyun and back again then he smiled, “Great party, Wonnie-ah. I’ll be going home now,” then he smirked as he suddenly placed a kiss on Kyuhyun’s cheek, “I’ll see you on Monday!”

Kyuhyun wanted to kick Zhou Mi and demand what possessed him to kiss him but then he glanced at Siwon and saw that the other was clenching his jaw. Siwon became aware that Kyuhyun was looking at him so he suddenly smiled and said, “Uh, hey. Do you want to spend the night here? I mean we have lots of guest rooms upstairs and you know, Changmin’s already sleeping upstairs. So, ah…but if you want to go sleep in your place, that’s perfectly understandable too. I can drop you off myself,” Siwon seemed to be babbling nervously.

“If you don’t mind. Can I just sleep here?” Kyuhyun rubbed his temples, “I think I might have had too much to drink.” He let himself slump a little. Well so much for being original and creative.

Siwon was suddenly alert and concerned. “Oh, of course. Here let me take you to your room.”

Kyuhyun followed Siwon and after giving Kyuhyun spare clothes he can change into, he excused himself and said that he’ll be back after seeing the rest of his guests home. Kyuhyun told him that it was fine though since he was sure he’ll probably be asleep at once after he takes a shower.

Some time later, as Kyuhyun was comfortably tucked in his bed, he felt the door open almost silently. He feigned sleep and could feel Siwon gazing down at him. He willed himself not to stir as he felt Siwon’s fingers on his hair, the locks very, very gently. Then he felt the faintest touch of something warm on his forehead and wondered if it was Siwon’s lips. 

He heard the other boy sigh softly before his soft footsteps went away and the door was gently closed again.

Kyuhyun smiled as he buried his head deeper into the comfortable pillows and sleep slowly overcame him. He had only one thought before he drifted into dreamland and it made him smile in smug satisfaction.

Really. What an utter fool Siwon was. 

 

 

----------

A/N: Basically, these are what Kyuhyun and Changmin were wearing to the party :D

 
 
Kyu wasn't wearing harem pants but fitting pants and Changmin had his top buttoned and black pants same as Kyu XD