The Taste Of Love

The Taste Of Love

  "Sure..!" Seohyun said hesitantly. She felt uncomfortable but didn't want to be mean.

  Eunhyuk smiled welcomingly. For the rest of the meal,Seohyun made no eye contact or breathed a word whatsoever to Sunny. She wanted to befriend her,but could not find the courage to do so. Eunhyuk was very friendly to Sunny,telling jokes to her and sharing stories about the school.

  Somebody's footsteps could be heard behind them. It was Donghae. He arrived at their table panting heavily. "Miss Im asked you to go to the music room to meet her!" he exclaimed after regaining his breath. Eunhyuk looked disappointed. "Oh.." he turned to face Seohyun. "Seohyun,why don't you show Sunny around then?" He got up and left with Donghae.

  "Here is the basketball court...," Seohyun said awkwardly,gesturing to the empty basketball court.

  "Wow, that's amazing! I love basketball!" Sunny's voice was full of enthusiasm.

  Seohyun shrugged with a small smile and turned away from Sunny,heading towards the hall. Recess time was almost over. Sunny hovered behind her hesitantly,feeling rejected. It seemed like Seohyun did not like her at all.

  In the hall,Sunny was feeling sad. She wanted badly to be friends with Seohyun,but it seemed like Seohyun just found her annoying. She shot a sideways glance towards Seohyun,who was staring at the ground. Sunny slowly inched away from Seohyun,who did not seem to notice this. Somebody went on the stage and held out a microphone. Suddenly,a loud piercing noise broke the silence of the hall. Everyone jumped in shock,including Sunny. She was so surprised that she accidentaly bumped onto Seohyun who seemed unaffected. Seohyun stared at Sunny,feeling irritated. Sunny blushed and mumbled a small apology. The person on the stage tapped the microphone,then held it to his mouth.

  "I apologise for the earlier incident. The microphone recieved some feedback. But anyway,we have two announcements today. The school's annual Cross Country Run will be held next Monday. Be sure to bring your water bottle and small towel. Next announcement; all students in Miss Im's dance club are to meet her at the music room for practice this afternoon."

  The whole hall errupted with excited energy. Each student was eager for the Cross Country Run. The prize for the first winner was 890 000 Won and an article written about the winner on the school's magazine. But best of all,the winner had an opportunity to go to the Olympics- with a meet-and-greet with the winner's desired athlete! New Leaf High School was a very rich and prestigious school in Korea. Everyone wanted to be in the first place. Sunny,who hadn't heard about this,looked around,puzzled. She turned behind and asked Eunhyuk, "Why is everyone so excited?" Eunhyuk smiled and explained it to her.

  When Sunny heard about the prize money,her eyes twinkled like stars.

  "I'm definitely going to win that prize money!"