One

Angels Do Exist

Lay stood in front of the mirror, admiring his new set of wings. He had just gotten them, and he felt really proud of himself. All these years of training had paid off. He finally had his wings and was a full fledge angel of death. Well, he would be once he got his letter and schedule. He could join his friends as a full angel now. He couldn’t wait for his first assignment.

An angel in general could do lots of things. Like flying (obviously), but you could only fly with your wings out. And they all had their own specific powers as well. Lay had the power of healing. It was quite useful when others came to him with their minor cuts and scrapes (like one of his friends for example; Chen, he was always getting hurt). Any angel could also go to earth, and be unseen at his/her will. A lot of angels’ duties are on earth and they have to be able to do them without being seen by humans who aren’t supposed to see them.

An angel of death has many jobs. One is being present at the death of a human. Whenever a human dies, an angel of death must be there to ensure that the death goes smoothly. The angel slowly takes the persons spirit out when they are dying. It must be done slowly and carefully. The angel stands by and with their raised hands, and takes the spirit out. This must be done with accuracy or the spirit won’t be a complete spirit. An incomplete spirit isn’t good because then it has nowhere to go, it just wanders around the world. No powers, no voice, nothing. All it can do is walk aimlessly on the earth. If you make a spirit incomplete, the punishment is severe. Whether it was on purpose or not, you cannot, ever, let a spirit come out of the body during death, in a rushed or improper manner. It’s angel law. The spirit has to be taken out of the body properly so that it can go to the Spirit World or EXO. Which is one of the things an angel of death is trained for.

An angel is also trained to use their powers properly and put them to good use. An angel can use their powers on earth as well, it’s possible. But only in a dire emergency. A big, important reason. If you use your power to interfere with human matters or change something, you are banished from EXO. Angel law cannot be broken, and breaking it once is a lifetime punishment. In the case of an angel of death, if you change the fate of the human that is set to die on that day, your powers are gone and you’re sent to the Spirit World. They don’t want to be strict or enforce all these rules; it’s not even a punishment. The Spirit World isn’t hell, quite the contrary actually. But the members of the Council have to make these rules, because if it happens once, it can happen again. And again. Human deaths and the job of angels, are all important. One mistake can change everything, and if you aren’t a perfectionist, then being an angel isn’t meant for you. I mean, would you want an unprofessional angel who isn’t serious about the law to remove your spirit while you’re dying? And then leave you as an incomplete spirit to haunt nothing in particular. Even if it is an honest mistake, it’s a mistake that can’t happen again. These are things the Council has to be strict about; these aren’t matters that should be taken lightly.

Lay smiled in satisfaction *This is what I’ve been waiting for my whole life…. Or er…. Death. All that hard work paid off. Even dying doesn’t seem so bad.* But he knew that last part wasn’t true when his smile fell and his heart sank. He turned away from the mirror, unable to look at it anymore.

“Hyung! Lay gege!” he heard Chen’s voice coming to their room. Chen, along with Tao, D.O, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol had gotten their wings as well. They had graduated with him. Xiumin, Lu Han, and Kris had already graduated about a year ago. Kai and Se Hun, the maknaes, were going to graduate next year.

*Suho…..* Lay thought of him. *Suho would have graduated this year too…..* Lay didn’t know where Suho went (no one did). One day he had been eating dinner with that nice smile of his on his face. Then the next, he was gone after being absent for a day of training. It was so weird. No angel trainee would vanish on a random day and not come back. When anyone tried to ask about him, the instructor (or whoever was being questioned) would hush them and close the subject. He couldn’t have gone to the Spirit World, only full angels could (when they broke the law or decided to quit being an angel). Well, that was what everyone thought. But how could a trainee, who wasn’t allowed to leave EXO, break a law and get sent there? Unless he stole or lied (or done those non-angeley things). But Suho would never do those things. Ever, in a million years. Suho had never broken a rule in his life. He had been the perfect role model. So, where was he?

“Hyung.” Chen came in the room. “Kyungsoo made food. Let’s go eat.”

Lay nodded and pushed those depressing thoughts away. He decided to hide his wings. One second later, he felt a tingle of warmth go down his back and his wings were gone. He followed Chen to the dining room. All of them lived together, trainees could live wherever as long as an official angel lived with them. They had Kris, Xiumin, and Lu Han. Before, they had lived in an angel camp. It wasn’t an actual camp; it was just a place for trainees to live if they couldn’t live with an actual angel. After you graduate, you can move out. Kris, Xiumin, and Lu Han had all decided to take the others under their care when they had graduated and now they all lived together, intending to do so for eternity.

“Yah, Se Hun! Get off of me you giant fatty!!!” Lay saw Lu Han shouting at Se Hun when he arrived in the living room. Se Hun had jumped onto Lu Han’s back and was reaching his arms out from Lu Han’s shoulders, reaching for something.

“No! You took my lollipop! I know it!” Se Hun yelled back.

“You’re so heavy! Get off! I don’t have your damn lollipop!” Lu Han said angrily.

“I do~” mischievous Kai sing-songed as he walked past them, wagging the lollipop between his fingers. Se Hun’s eyes widened and he jumped off of Lu Han and tackled Kai.

“Ah!” Kai fell on the floor with Se Hun on top of him, trying to get his lollipop.

Lay shook his head *Pabos.*

“Yah!” motherly D.O’s voice shouted. “What are you lazy butts doing lounging around in the living room?! HELP ME SET THE TABLE AND GET DINNER READY!”

Lay decided to go and help. He pushed lazy Chanyeol off the sofa. “Come, let’s go help.” Chanyeol groaned but went with him to the kitchen.

Kris followed and so did Baekhyun. Tao was sleeping and Xiumin was already in the kitchen. He wasn’t helping, he was trying to eat the food.

“Hyung, hands out!” D.O yelled. Xiumin sheepishly smiled and retreated his hands.

10 hectic minutes later, everyone was seated at the table. Chen had woken up sleepy Tao. There was one empty seat. It had been empty for a while now. It was as if there was a ghost haunting that chair. But they didn’t move it, it had been there when they moved here and it would always be there. Who knew, maybe Suho would return. But they were doubtful that that would happen.

“I have to go in like half an hour. I’m goin’ to America yo~!” Xiumin said excitedly, a little too excitedly because his ‘yo’ had way too much of an accent.

 “Me too.” Kris said. “I’m going to China though.”

“Good luck.” Lu Han muttered. “Last time I went to America, the girl wouldn’t accept the fact that she was dead. Oh my Gooddd… it was horrible. And she scratched me! How dare she scratch an angel! Hufff.”

Xiumin laughed, “No, it’s a guy this time. And they handle being dead waaayyy better than girls. But there are exceptions of course.”

“Do you witness how they die?” Se Hun asked.

“We have to. We must be there one hour before the death as well.” Kris told him. “Gotta be prepared~”

“Ohhh.” Se Hun nodded.

“I’m going to go get ready.” Xiumin said a couple of minutes later and went to put his plate away. Then he disappeared down the hall to go to his, Lu Han’s, and Kris’ room to change into the white dress shirt and black skinnys he was required to wear.

“ Got any idea when are you guys getting your letters and schedules?” Lu Han asked. Every angel got a different schedule for the week.

The six of them shrugged, for new angels your first schedule could come at any time. It would just appear.

They finished dinner and Lu Han and D.O washed the dishes. Xiumin had already left, and Kris had gone to get ready.

The rest were all scattered in the living room.

Kris flew into the room. Yes, he flew. Kris could fly (that was his power), even without his wings, and he used that to his advantage a lot.

“Lazy.” Chanyeol muttered.

“What did you call me?!”

“Nothing!”

Kris summoned his wings and opened a portal to go to China. He waved at the members before stepping in and vanishing out of sight. The portal swirled into a smaller and smaller cloud, until it finally disappeared.

“I’m going to sleep.” Se Hun yawned.

“Me too.”

“Ditto.”

“Night~”

Everyone decided to go to sleep. They didn’t wait for Kris or Xiumin because no one knew what time they would come home.

“I’ll stay awake.” Kai grinned as he flipped through the channels on TV.

“Nope.” Lu Han shut it off. “You’re sleeping too. You have to go to training tomorrow!”

Kai pouted and followed Lu Han out of the living room.

Lay and Chen went into their room. Both of their beds were separated by a side table. And on that side table were two official looking letters, with tiny little wings on them.

Chen noticed them first. His eyes widened. “Xingxing hyung….”

“Yeah?” Lay was putting his sweater away.

“L-look…”

Lay turned around and his eyes rounded.

He walked to where Chen was and both of them stared at the letters.

Then, they picked them up right away and ran into the hall.

At the exact same time, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Tao, and D.O flung the door to their rooms open.

“I GOT MY LETTER!!!”

“WOOO~!”

“YIPPPEEE!”

“What?” Lu Han appeared in front of the washroom door, a toothbrush in his mouth. There was foam on the side of his mouth.

“We got our letters~!” they all cheered.

Lu Han’s eyes widened and he took his toothbrush out of his mouth. He smiled. “Yayy~! Thatsh greasht! Now you’rge offishially angelsh!”

They blinked.

Kai and Se Hun appeared as well and when they saw the letters they smiled and congratulated them as well.

“Okay, what are you waiting for? Open them!” Lu Han said after he had rinsed his mouth.

They all tore their letters open.

Lay looked at his schedule

Welcome Zhang Yixing! You have successfully completed your Angel Training and  the Death and Beyond Course. You have now been granted the permission and ability to move in and out of EXO to fulfill your duties as an Angel of Death.

Enclosed, is your weekly schedule. Please follow it and ensure that you are 1 hour early prior to the death of the said human. Ensure that the death is done as it should be done.

Remember: You are not permitted to interfere with the death of any human. If this rule is violated your wings and title as an angel will be revoked and you will be sent to the Spirit World.

Lay skipped the rest of the boring parts and looked at the first name on his schedule.

Zhang Lina

Scheduled- Monday, November 12th, 2012. 4:37 p.m

Location- Changsha, China. XXXX- Rd.

Lay’s eyes widened as he stared at the first name.

*No.*

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi~!

I finally put the first chapter up. Hehe, I hope you like it~

I think this fic will be 3-4 chapters? Quite short.

But I hope you enjoy it~

:O Lay doesn't like the name he sees~

I wonder where Suho is~

Haha just kidding, I already know.

Please please please comment and tell me what you think D:

Okay byebyeeee (:

PS I couldn't think of a name for the chapter... Sorry ^_^