Please Stay With Me

Implode

boa & cityincolors - implode }


She stood under the bus shelter as she waited for the bus to come. She rested her head against the cool metal of the shelter above her. It was a rainy day, a perfect day to be depressed over something. Hyeri had been waiting for the bus to come in the past 10 minutes, and only 20 more minutes until she'll be on the bus back to her cozy home and forget everything that had happened that day. Yet, hearing the rain pitter-patter against the shelter and pavement underneath made the day seem gloomier for Hyeri. Her phone rang at least a dozen of times that day. She already knew what he was going to say. She didn't want to hear it coming out from his lips again. All these years she thought that he'd be able to keep the promise that he had made her, a promise they made ever since they were young. Even though the two were friends ever since, to many people, they first thought that the two were dating. Yes, Hyeri and D.O had been friends ever since. Even though they were best friends, Hyeri never gotten the guts to tell D.O one of her biggest secrets.

Once again, her phone rang. She refused to answer, knowing that he'd be worried about her by now. She didn't want to ignore his calls, she just wanted to be alone so that she could do some thinking of her own.

SdA2_k_vM51hjGnDMfAQ66Sd284fWI2a3qpdurh6

Hyeri walked into the hospital room to where D.O was staying in. Today was the day. It was the day she was going to tell her the big news. Not only did she have news for him, but as did D.O. She didn't know what the secret wash but she sure was happy to see her friend again. She even wore a sun dress, flats, and a headband that D.O had gotten her a couple of weeks earlier.

Hyeri opened the door to D.O’s room and peeked inside, finding D.O on the hospital bed, flipping through a magazine, with his leg straight out with a cast on. He looked up, hearing the sound of his door sliding open. D.O smiled at the sight of Hyeri, after not being able to see her for at least 3 days. Hyeri skipped inside with a bubbly smile on her face. “Soo oppa~ How have you been?” she asked, tilting her head to the side.

D.O sighed and glanced at the cast on his leg. “Better now that my best friend is here,” he said, chuckling as he glanced back at Hyeri. D.O patted the seat next to him, telling Hyeri to sit beside him. And indeed, she sat down beside him. “So, what did you want to tell me?” he asked her.

Hyeri’s eyes shifted to the right and shrugged. “You tell me yours first!” she said, smiling as widely as she could.

D.O heaved out an exhale. “My big news? Mm... Well, surgery went successful, I just need this cast on for another one or two weeks. And... The hospital food tastes disgusting. Since I’m getting discharged today, I was wondering we could go out and get some food that’s better than this place. How’s that sound?” Hyeri nodded, making D.O grin. “Alright, then... Why don’t you go outside and wait for me and I’ll be out in a bit?” Hyeri smiled and stepped out of his room.

Moments later, D.O came out from the hospital room, with a duffle bag in hand. “Don’t you need crutches to walk around in?” she asked.

D.O shook his head. “Doc says I don’t need it unless I can’t get on my feet and balance well. Plus, if I lose my balance, I have my best friend to walk with me,” he said grinning, slinging his arm over Hyeri’s shoulders. The two headed out of the hospital and got on a bus.

Few minutes later, Hyeri and D.O arrived at the 3rd bus stop. Hyeri helped D.O off the bus. When they arrived at their destination, the two sat down at a table that was set out in a section of a park. “Ahjumma~ The usuals please~” D.O called out to the owner of the food stand.

Moments later, a bowl of ramen and a plate of ddukbokki were set out in front of them. “Enjoy~” the ahjumma said.

D.O thanked the ahjumma before she left. His attention shifted towards the food in front of him. “Wah~ I’ve been craving for these for weeks!” he said, grabbing a toothpick and stabbed it into a ddubokki and ate it happily. He grinned after he swallowed the delicious spicy rice cake. He grabbed a chopstick from a bin and took a mouthful of ramen. “Mm~ Best day ever,” he said. He glanced at Hyeri, seeing that she hasn’t touched anything. “Aren’t you eating?” he asked, with his mouth still stuffed. Hyeri smiled, grabbing a toothpick and ate a ddukbokki. D.O grinned, stabbing another ddukbokki with his toothpick. He held up the rice cake for Hyeri. “Have some more,” he said, his grin remained. “Say ahh~”

“Ahh~” Hyeri said, opened wide enough for D.O to feed you the ddubokki. “Yummy~” she said, giving D.O her best smile and a thumbs up. She grabbed her chopsticks and took a few strands of ramen from it’s bowl.

D.O smiled as he watched his best friend eat. “Hyeri, I have have something to tell you.” Hyeri looked up, seeing that her friend’s smile had faded.

“What is it oppa?” she asked as she wiped her lips with a napkin.

D.O sighed as he gazed at Hyeri. A roar of thunder screamed in the sky, and the gray clouds started to block the sunlight. Little rain began to fall down onto the ground. Luckily, the two were under a table with an umbrella. “Remember the company I auditioned for? SM?” D.O asked. Hyeri nodded as she continued to eat. D.O glanced at the ground, his hands folded together. “One of the people from there came to me before you did. And-”

“You got in,” Hyeri said. D.O’s eyes shifted to her, seeing her trying manage a smile. “Congrats. I’m happy for you,” she said and got back to eating.

D.O’s brows furrowed, hated her answer. “I’m glad you’re happy about that, but I’m not. Hyeri, it means that I won’t be able to go to regular school, or be with-” Before he could finish his sentence, Hyeri grabbed her purse and walked away.

kLhr7cpnzBQx6PTdesRiL3rjK5rJQsjuaaTAeP8I

“He promised to always be there for me. He promised that he wouldn’t leave. But all those promises were broken, just because of one thing,” Hyeri mumbled to herself. There was groaning from the crowd that wanted to get on the bus. Hyeri looked up, seeing the sign saying that all buses were out of service due to the weather. Everyone hurried out from under the shelter with bags and books over their heads. Hyeri sat there, looking out at the streets, heaving another sigh while another roar of thunder was made, making the light rain turn to heavy rain.. Another ring came out from her phone. Annoyed, she took off the back cover of her phone and removed the batteries from its place. She knew that if she went home, she’d meet him there. She knew that if she went back to the food stand in the park, he’d be there waiting for her. She herself, was already soaked from the rain, cold as the ice cold rain made its way into the shelter and hit her bare legs and arms. Her dress wasn’t long enough to cover her from the rain. Even though she was cold, she felt numb as ever.

D.O was her best friend in the entire world, and he was always there for her, considering her parents never gave a crap about her. He was like a brother to her. One who is always protective over her. One who would always at her side. And one who had always smiled his best smile just to brighten her day. All that would be gone in one day. 

Hyeri had suddenly remembered that D.O was in a cast. There was no way he could've stepped out from the food stand and go after her. Of course he'd be calling her hundreds of times that day; he couldn't go anywhere and he certainly couldn't get his cast wet. She felt a bit guilty about leaving him behind while it was dangerously raining. But, if D.O had really cared for her, he'd go after her like he would do everything she'd walked away from him. But she knew that D.O wouldn't want to give up his dreams to be with his best friend forever. It's not like... He likes her or anything.

Thinking back, she had remembered D.O's voice improving more and more each year since he was interested in music at age 9. He would sing practically everyday at every second wherever he goes. He even sang her to sleep at night. But now, he'll be singing hundreds, thousands, or maybe millions of people to sleep. Her iPod was filled with his own songs that he had recorded for her and himself to hear. She never expected that his songs would be public now. Now, all the things she cherished from him will never be hers again, but to millions of people.

Yes, yes. Hyeri was in love with her best friend. She always had a big smile on her face whenever she was with him. Without him, she would just feel empty. So, without D.O around her anymore, it would be like she's forever depressed. A smile would never appear on her face ever again. If her friend became famous, then she'd feel as if she needed to throw all her memories with him away. She'd avoid seeing him on T.V and commercials if she had to. She'd do anything to not remember D.O in the future. But considering she loved him, she could never get her mind off of him. But she knew what was best for him.

A tear rolled down her face as she stood up and walked out from under the shelter. She knew she was being melodramatic over this, but she could help but not wanting to lose her best friend. Hyeri trudged through the rain, getting soaked more than she had before. She didn't care that she might end up waking up with a sore throat and stuffy nose, everything inside her was just numb. She rubbed her arms for little warmth.

A warm jacket was draped over her shoulders, strong arms around her then which made her stop walking. An umbrella was held above her. She heard a sigh in hear ear, then a chuckle. "You're so melodramatic sometimes..." He brushed his finger against her cheek, wiping the tears on her face away. His hug grew tighter as she tried to step away from him. "Don't leave me like you did earlier. I'll just end up feeling guilty..." His chin rested on Hyeri's shoulder. "Riri... Do you know what my real dream is?" he asked.

Hyeri's eyes shifted to the ground. "To become famous?" she answered.

D.O sighed. "Mm... Not really. That was my old dream. I still want it, but not as much as the dream I want now," he said.

kLhr7cpnzBQx6PTdesRiL3rjK5rJQsjuaaTAeP8I

"We'll just get you a new cast," the nurse said. "By the way, while you were gone, there was a man who came by to see you, he told me to give this to you," she said, giving D.O the card.

D.O took the card and put it on the table beside him when the nurse left. Hyeri sniffled, catching D.O's attention. He grabbed Hyeri's arm, pulling her closer to him. He gently brushed her wet bangs away from her face. He adjusted his jacket that was around her, to keep her more warm. He took out a packet of white pills from his pocket, handing it to her. "Take this so you won't get sick. You should get something to eat too. You only had two bites of food earlier," he said.

"You know that if you choose this, nothing will be the same anymore," Hyeri said.

D.O looked at her with a smile. "I know..." His hand moved down to hold her hand. He smiled at her with gentle eyes once more. Clutching onto her hand, afraid to let go of it, and afraid of what will be coming next. His smile did not break apart, since he didn’t want to say any words, afraid of what will be coming out of his lips. He feared that he’d lose her forever, but in the end, she’ll be the one who will be losing him. 

"Are you sure you want to leave?" Hyeri asked, her head lowered in disappointment.

"Yes," D.O said. Hyeri looked at D.O, surprised about what he said. "Yes, I'm willing to leave my dream and start my other one." His words shocked Hyeri. D.O took the card that he received earlier and tore it into pieces. Hyeri blinked at his actions. "I want to start my other dream right now. Do you think I can just give up on my main goal?" He sighed and looked at her. "But, there's something you haven't told me yet. Your big news?"

Hyeri looked at the ground. "I-I... It's not important anymore..." she said.

"I like you, too," D.O suddenly said.

"Mr. Kyungsoo~" the nurse said, interrupting their conversation. D.O sighed and walked away as the nurse led him to the hospital room he was on.

kLhr7cpnzBQx6PTdesRiL3rjK5rJQsjuaaTAeP8I

It was still raining when evening hit. Hyeri and D.O stepped foot out of the hospital in silence. D.O was the first to speak. "Well?" he said. Hyeri looked at him, confused. "I still need you to tell me what you wanted to tell me."

Hyeri looked down, hesitating to answer. "It doesn't matter anymore," she muttered. Just as she turned to walk away, D.O grabbed her arm, holding her back.

"Whatever you have to say matters to me," D.O said.

Hyeri sighed. "You might not like me back..." she said.

"You obviously didn't hear me back there. I gave up my dream is to start the one that I knew I could really reach," D.O said.

"You already reached your dream! But you're throwing it away," Hyeri exclaimed.

"I'm not. The fact about me getting the chance to become famous, I don't care about it anymore. I only care about one thing. And it's much more important to me than anything else. Well... She."

Hyeri glanced at him over her shoulder. "What is it?" she asked.

"You really didn't hear me, did you?" D.O asked, giving her a half laugh. "I don't want to leave my friend. She'll need me, but I'll need her more. I rather be with her than become famous over night. She's the one I need and the only one I have. I like her a lot. And I know she likes me too. She's not really good at keeping secrets of her to herself." D.O pulled Hyeri closer to him. "Do you know who I'm talking about now?" Hyeri didn't answer him, instead she shook his hand off of her arm and walked away, getting soaked all over again in the rain.

D.O sighed and ran after her, grabbing her arm and making her turn to face him. "I like you," he said and pulled her closer. "And I'd give up anything just to be with you. Call me an idiot, but... It's true." He pulled her a tad closer to him and planted his lips on his best friend's, making her eyes widen. But her eyelids casually drooped down over her eyes, returning back the kiss to her friend.


A FAIL ONESHOT. OAO Sorry about it. eue I don't know how the title matches with the story. Can you guys tell me? xDDDD
LOLOL Haven't even started yesterday and gotten 4 votes up? XDD