Here comes trouble

Even in My Dreams

It had been a month after Hyukjae met Donghae for the first time.  They always meet at the same place everyday and at the same time.  Sometimes, Hyukjae would ask Donghae to accompany him playing football with his friends.  Donghae would sit on the bench, holding a bottle of water and towel for Hyukjae.  He loved watching the older’s face when he played football.  Full of smile, bright and passion. 

On the other day, Hyukjae would follow Donghae to Donghae’s favorite place, pool.  Donghae loved swimming.  Although he was only 7 years old, he was good at swimming, not like Hyukjae.  He couldn’t swim at all because he was afraid with water.  When Donghae was swimming, Hyukjae would sit on the edge of pool, holding a camera to take the younger’s pictures.  He loved watching Donghae’s face when he swam.  Full of smile, bright and passion.

In a month, Donghae learned a lot about Hyukjae.  Hyukjae loves strawberry more than he loves football.  Hyukjae has a very lovely mother and strict but loves Hyukjae so much.  He also learned that the older is very smart and he can dance very well.  Many girls on his school liked him a lot.  They often gave Hyukjae letters and gifts.  And knowing that fact, Donghae wasn’t happy at all.

Hyukjae also learned a lot about Donghae.  Donghae loves fish, seafood, beach, sea, and sky.  Donghae lived with his aunt and uncle because his parents was already passed away when Donghae still two years old.  Donghae has an older brother, but at that moment, his older brother was studying at Seoul.  He would come home once a month.  Donghae was a lovely kid.  Everyone who meets him will fall for his charm, include Hyukjae’s parents.  Hyukjae’s friends also liked Donghae a lot.  They often asked Donghae to play together, and Donghae would answer ‘yes’ with his very bright smile.  And knowing that fact, Hyukjae wasn’t happy at all.

Tomorrow was exactly a month after their fateful meeting.  Hyukjae wants to celebrate it together with Donghae.  He had many plans that he wanted to do with the younger tomorrow.  And today, as usual, they were playing together at the park.  Donghae sat on the sand box making a castle, while Hyukjae read a book about fish.  Once he finished that book, he would tell Donghae about the content, since Donghae couldn’t read pretty well.

“Hae…”

“Eung?”

“The story is very cute…you would like it.”

“Really?  I want to read that too, Hyukkiee…”

“You can read?”

Donghae pouted.  “I can.  But I read very slowly.  That makes me forget the story.”

Hearing Donghae’s innocent answer, Hyukjae couldn’t help but laughing.  Donghae widened his eyes.  He pouted even more because he thought Hyukjae made fun of him.

“Hyukkie!  It’s not funny!!”

“Sorry…sorry…”  Hyukjae tried to stop laughing, and then said with a soft smile, “I will tell you the story.”

“From the start ‘til the end?”

“Yes!”

“Promise?”

“Yes!”  Hyukjae saluted at Donghae.  Donghae smiled widely, stood up, then ran to hug Hyukjae.  “Thank you, Hyukkie!”

Hyukjae hug Donghae back and pat Donghae’s head.

“Ah, Hae…You know what day is tomorrow?”

“Ngg…Thursday!  Why?”

“I know…But do you know that tomorrow is a special day?”

Donghae titled his head, frowned, pouted, tried hard to think, but he couldn’t find the answer.  For him, tomorrow is just Thursday.  “I don’t know, Hyukkie…sorry…”

Hyukjae chuckled.  “Tomorrow is our special day, Hae…tomorrow is our first month meeting anniversary.”

Donghae’s mouth opened widely.  “Ah, you’re right!  You’re really smart, Hyukkie…You could remember everything perfectly.  Not like me.”  Donghae spoke sadly.

“You’re also smart, Hae…”  He ruffled Donghae’s messy hair.  “So, tomorrow I will bring you to a very beautiful place.  You will like it, Hae.”

“Where?”

“It’s secret.  Don’t forget to use a long pant, hat and jacket.  I will bring us snack and drink.”

“Mmmm…okay…”

“I will tell you about this book tomorrow too.  Okay?”

“Okay!”

***

Hyukjae ran very fast to his home.  He couldn’t wait to go to that place with Donghae.  He had asked his father to check his bike and his mother to cook them some foods.  His parents could only laugh watching his son was so over excited when it’s about Donghae.

Hyukjae was about to open the door when he realized his door wasn’t closed properly.  He frowned.  It was very unusual.  His mother always closed the door.  She never left the door opened.  He entered his house slowly while calling his mother.

“Eomma…eomma, where are you?”

No answer.  The house was very quiet.  “Eomma…”  He called once again. 

Still no answer.  He walked to the kitchen.  His heart was thumping faster.  He didn’t know why, but the atmosphere of his house isn’t really good. 

“Eomma…”  Hyukjae’s eyes widened.  He saw his mother was laying on the floor.  He ran to his mother and he nearly screamed when his hand touched something wet.  Blood.

“Eo-eomma…”  Hyukjae started crying.  “Eomma…eomma…wake up…eomma…”

“Hyukjae!!”

Hyukjae turned his head.  His father was running to his side.  “Hyukjae, run!  Now!”

“Appa…eomma…”

“Appa will take care eomma…you run, Hyukjae!  Don’t let them find you!”

“Them?  Who—”

“Aaah…there you are Mr.  Lee Yoonjae…with your lovely wife and your beloved son.”  A voice beamed in the room.  A man with a gun in his hand with two men behind him approached Hyukjae and his father. 

“Appa…who are they?”  Hyukjae asked timidly. 

Lee Yoonjae didn’t answer his son’s question.  He stood in front of Hyukjae and glared those men angrily.  “Don’t dare to hurt my son.”

“Ckckck…I dare to kill your wife, why should I don’t dare to kill you and your son?”

Hyukjae was shocked.  “Eo…eomma...”

Yoonjae clinched his fist tight.  “What do you want?”

“My boss wants your brain.  Work for us, and we will let you and your son alive.  We will also provide you with money and maybe new wife…”

“You bastard…”

“What?”

“I DON’T WANT TO WORK WITH PEOPLE LIKE YOU AND YOUR BOSS!!”

“Then…goodbye Mr.  Lee Yoonjae.”

BANG!!

A loud voice was heard, followed by a man who fell down in front of his son.  His son screamed and cried loudly, while the others laugh evilly.

“Lee Hyukjae…Lee Yoonjae’s son…I will let you alive.”

Since that day, Hyukjae’s life was changed.  There’s no more laugh, no more football, no more dancing, no more strawberry, and no more Donghae.

 

-----

At the park, Donghae kept waiting Hyukjae until night.  He was upset.  When he was about to go to Hyukjae’s house, his aunt called him.  She said his older brother was home.  He was very happy and decided to visit Hyukjae tomorrow.

But tomorrow, he was very shocked when he found Hyukjae’s house was empty.  There was no one or single furniture inside his house.  His neighbor said Hyukjae and his parents left this town in the midnight without telling anyone.

Since that day, Donghae’s life was changed.  He still has laugh, chocolate, strawberry, sea, sky, fish and seafood.  But there is no Lee Hyukjae.  And that’s enough to make Donghae changes.

 

-tobecontinued-