Their First Meeting

Even in My Dreams

Lee Hyukjae was still ten years old when he met that boy for the first time.  He met him when he was going home from his friend’s house.  Hyukjae was walking happily while holding his ball then suddenly he heard someone was crying.  First, Hyukjae thought that it was a ghost’s crying.  But when he listened carefully, he realized that it was a little boy’s crying sound.

Usually, he won’t care about that kind of thing.  Not because he’s heartless but it’s because he didn’t really like to be involved with someone else’s problem. 

But this time, it’s different.  That crying sound was so pitiful.  Somehow, it made his heart was hurt too.  So, he decided to look for that crying sound source. 

He was walking around at the playground when he’s finally saw a tiny foot was peeking behind a slider.  He smiled then walked slowly to that slider passing a sandbox.   He tried to not make a loud sound in order to not make that boy surprised.

“Hey…” he called that little boy softly.  That little boy who was burying his face in his knees stopped crying for awhile.  But, a few seconds later, he continued crying. 

Hyukjae was panicked.  He is the youngest in his family.  So he never had experience to soothe someone.  But, there was something about that little boy—although he couldn’t see his face—that made him really want to make him stop crying and smile.

Hyukjae squatted beside that little boy and pulled him into his embrace.  With one of his hand he started to rub that little boy’s back while whispering, “Ssshh…Why are you crying?  Tell me…I will do anything to make you stop crying…please don’t cry…”

Suddenly, that little boy stopped crying.  He struggled in Hyukjae’s embrace before he raised his head to look at Hyukjae. 

Hyukjae stunned looking that little boy’s face.  There was no right word that can explain how adorable that little boy was.  He has a pair of beautiful, big and watery eyes.  His reddish cheeks were like buns, so puffy.  His pouting lips made Hyukjae wanted to peck him. 

“What…what is your name, kid?”  Hyukjae asked him after he found his lost voice.

“Do…Donghae…Lee Donghae…”  That little boy answered with his cute but hoarse voice.  Maybe it was because he had already cried too long.

“Donghae…what an adorable name…”  Hyukjae said while smiling, making Donghae blushed.

“Thank you...”  He mumbled shyly.

“I’m Lee Hyukjae…”

“Hyukjae?  Your name is funny…reminding me of someone on television…”  Donghae giggled.

Hyukjae chuckled seeing moody Donghae.  “Now tell me…why are you crying?”

Donghae’s tears started threatening to fall again and his lower lips were quivering.  He looked like he wanted to say something but his urge to cry came first.

“Hey...hey…don’t cry again please…I can’t stand watching you cry…”  Hyukjae calmed Donghae quickly.

Donghae nodded as he rubbed his eyes.  “Hae…Hae wanted to eat ice cream but…but…Hae’s ice cream fell…” Donghae explained with his shaky voice.  He pointed to the sandbox.  Hyukjae followed Donghae’s finger and he saw a cone of ice cream was laying there.  Of course the ice cream was already melted. 

Hyukjae sighed in relief.  He thanked God that it was just an ice cream.

“Hey, wait here…I will buy you a new ice cream.”

“Really??”  Donghae’s eyes sparkled suddenly.  “Really?  Really?  Really?”

“Yes, yes, yes and yes, Lee Donghae!”  Hyukjae giggled witnessing Donghae’s cute expression.

“I…I want chocolate Ice cream…can I?”

Hyukjae smiled.  “Of course!  Wait here, Hae!  Don’t go anywhere!”

Hyukjae released his embrace on Donghae then ran to nearby minimarket.  He searched chocolate ice cream that Donghae wanted but he couldn’t find them.  Hyukjae bit his lower lip.  He knew Donghae would be disappointed or worse, he would cry again. 

“Aissh…it’s better than nothing.”  Hyukjae grabbed a strawberry ice cream—his favorite—then paid it on casher. 

He ran back to the playground while hoping that Donghae was still there.  He smiled widely when he saw Donghae was still there, playing on the sandbox, and he wasn’t crying.

“Hae!”  Hyukjae shouted. 

“Hyukkie!!”  Donghae beamed happily.

Hyukkie?  Hyukjae giggled.  He liked that nick name.

“Where’s my ice cream?”

Hyukjae shoved the strawberry ice cream to Donghae, earning Donghae’s frown.  “Hyukkie…but it’s strawberry…I want chocolate…”

Hyukjae scratched his hair confusedly.  “Sorry, Hae…but that minimarket doesn’t have chocolate ice cream…”

Donghae pouted.  “But I want chocolate ice cream…” 

No!!!  Don’t cry again!!  Hyukjae screamed in his heart. 

“Strawberry ice cream is also delicious, Hae…it’s my favorite…”

“It’s Hyukkie’s favorite?”  Donghae eyed Hyukjae cutely.  Hyukjae’s heart squealed seeing him.  He almost jumped to hug him if he didn’t remember that Donghae was holding ice cream.

“Yes…and trust me, it’s very yummy…”

Donghae nodded.  “Mmm…I will try it then…Hyukkie, can you open this for me?”

“Sure…” Hyukjae opened the ice cream and give it back to him. 

Donghae the tip of the ice cream first.  “Hm…it’s delicious!  Hae likes this!”

“Thank God…”  Hyukjae smiled.  He ruffled Donghae’s hair lovingly. 

“Hmm…start from now, strawberry ice cream is my favorite!  I don’t like chocolate ice cream anymore.”  Donghae said between his activities ice cream.

“Yeah...and I will buy you strawberry ice cream everyday!”

Donghae’s jaw dropped.  “EVERYDAY?? Hyukkie means Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, Hae can eat ice cream??

Hyukjae couldn’t help but laughed.  “YES, HAE!  You can eat ice cream on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday!”

“HORRAAAY!!  So Hae will meet Hyukkie Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday too!”  Donghae shouted happily then continued eating his ice cream.

Hyukjae smiled seeing Donghae’s antic.  Yes, he will meet Donghae everyday start from tomorrow, and he was very excited imagining his days with Donghae later. 

“Yaa~Hae…looked at your face…you’re such a messy eater…”

“Eung?  Clean my face, Hyukkie…”  Donghae whined.

Without hesitated, he used his T-Shirt to wiped Donghae’s face.  “Now…your face is clean…”

“Thank you, Hyukkie…you are Hae’s hero…”  Donghae said softly.  Suddenly, he grabbed Hyukjae’s neck and pecked Hyukjae’s lips quickly.

“Hae likes Hyukkie!!  Now, Hae must go home…see you tomorrow, Hyukkie…Hae will wait you here after school…”  With that, Donghae left Hyukjae who was still in the position after Donghae kissed him.

“Hae…”  He touched his lips then smiled.  “See you tomorrow, Hae…nice to meet you…”

 

***

That was their first meeting.  It was innocent, sweet and fluff.  But, unfortunately, they never know where the future will bring them.  Can they still meet like that on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday?

 

-tobecontinued-

Finally I write the first chapter of this!  It’s a short one, just for an opening…^^

See you on the next chapter…

Any comments?