Last Christmas: Xiumin's Scenario [1 of 2]

An EXO-rdinary Christmas: A Christmas Shot Compilation

Thank you very much for the views to this shot compilation. As a thank you, I'm going to put up a chapter tonight. <3

Prepare yourself for a Xiumin-centered story!

= = =

Soundtrack: SHINee - Last Christmas

 

"Minseok-ah!"
 
I heard a familiar voice call my name while I was walking down the streets of Seoul, hands in the pocket of my coat and my body struggling to keep itself warm. At the sound of that familiar feminine pitch, my heartbeats picked up pace. Despite the coldness, my hands were begining to sweat and a warm feeling spiked my frame. My steps stopped as I tried to tell myself that the owner of the voice wouldn't be who I thought it was.
 
The Christmas season has already settled in the heart of South Korea, with the snow spearheading it all. The temperature drop was manageable, the cold bearable, but the effects of the snowy winter on the people, unbelievable. It seemed like as December closed in, more couples began getting out into the streets and warming each other up under the blanket of fluff falling down on the whole country. Everywhere you go, you see a man and woman getting cozy and warm in the wintry scenery. Romance was in the frosty air, and people revelled in it all too excitedly.
 
It wasn't something disgusting or repulsive, really. It simply doesn't sit well with me, I guess. I don't really want to see pairs of people holding hands and stuff, not that I'm against any display of affection. It just isn't my style to be like them. 
 
Besides, all those people cuddling and snuggling up to their partners seemed so happy... unlike me.
 
I was exactly like those guys before, enjoying the snow with their loves, just last year. I had been in love and happy with the season because I had someone beside me. A beautiful young woman, only four months my junior, had brought warmth to my chilly christmas. But that quickly turned to nothingness as she cheated on me and broke my heart. When she told me about it, I just said that I'll be fine, but knew deep inside me that I won't be. The last I heard of her was that she was dating another guy about three years older than her.
 
Throughout the first six months of the succeeding year, I was robbed of happiness. I got over her gradually, but I had always told myself that when that girl sees me, I should already have someone else with me.
 
Knowing where the sound was coming from, I turned around only for my eyes to widen as pure shock rushed through my veins.
 
This is NOT happening.
 
"I knew it was you, Minseok-ah!" The owner of the voice went towards me with rushed footsteps, the heels of her shoes clicking on the cold pavement as she ran to reach me. I was technically frozen in front of the familiar beauty, my strength crumbling down at her smile.
 
"Jaebin-ah?" I couldn't help but ask her, as if I hadn't seen and acknowledged her earlier. I knew I was being idiotic because of the gesture, but I paid no heed to it.
 
I just couldn't believe it so easily.
 
"Yeah, it's me. How have you been? It's been a year." She asked me, a smile still lining her lips. In response, I just shrugged my shoulders.
 
"I've been doing okay, you?"
 
"Very well. I met someone really nice, handsome too. He's my boyfirend now, and we're going to meet today. I'll introduce him to you, Minseok-ah, you want?" She told me in a very excited tone, but I just shook my head.
 
I don't think I could face that guy she cheated on me with, or any other guy for that matter.
 
"Sorry, I couldn't Jaebin-ah. I still have somewhere to go to..." I tried to say without shaking, but even before I was through, she pouted at me and said that I should meet the guy and it will be fun.
 
My mind was already ransacking for a proper response when a female voice cut through my thoughts. 
 
"Minseok Oppa! I've been waiting for you!" 
 
I quickly turned to it and I saw a pouting female a few feet from me. Her long black locks, which were curled at the ends, framed her beautiful face well, and I was stunned into silence. She's someone I didn't know nor even looked familiar to me, but it seemed like she knew me very well. I didn't know what to say to the beautiful young woman, so I decided to just remain unresponsive.
 
With the heels of her black boots coming in contact with the cement with every step, she approached me without wiping the pout off her face. When she finally got in front of me, she slapped my shoulder quite forcefully.
 
"Yah, I was waiting for you in the cafe for an hour already. You said you were going to buy me a White Taro Milk Tea on our 6-o'clock date in Paprika, but it seems you forgot we even had a date today." She said in a disapproving tone, and surprise crossed my features.
 
A DATE?!
 
"B-b-but.." I was about to say 'But I don't even know you..." when Jaebin-ah's shocked question silenced me.
 
"Oh, Minseok-ah, you're already seeing someone?" She asked in an evidently surprised tone, and not really knowing why, I felt angry with that.
 
Why? Do you think I'd never get over you, Ok Jaebin?!
 
With a huff of irritated breath and simmering anger coursing through my body, I turned back to my ex-girlfriend and answered her in the coldest voice I could muster.
 
"Yeah. So if you'd excuse me, I'll be going. This is what I meant when I said I had somewhere to go. I was already late."
 
Not two seconds had passed when I grabbed the unknown female's warm hand and began walking down the street with her, our fingers entwined with each other's.