Chapter 2;

Imaginary Friend

"Jonghyun, don't forget to lock up before you leave," Key said, while putting on his jacket. "I'll pick up the keys before going home today, so just leave it on top of the door frame." Key took his bag from the table in his office and slung it over his shoulder. "It's probably going to get busy at around 1. I already called Seohyun and Hara to confirm their shift so you should be fine, but if things get out of hand; don't hesitate to call." Key handed Jonghyun the keys before taking a box and packing a dozen mini cupcakes. "Oh, one last thing: When Seohyun gets here, tell her to get started working on that order for 6 dozen cupcakes." Jonghyun nodded in confirmation and waved goodbye as Key left the store and go into Jinki's car. Key sat at the back with Taemin, chuckling as he watched Taemin's eyes light up with joy.

"Here you go, Minnie." Key handed Taemin the box of mini cupcakes and watched as Taemin carefully lifted one out of the box and happiily munched on it.

"Stop spoiling Taemin with cupcakes, Key. His teeth are going to rot," Jinki said, looking at them from the rear view mirror.

"Lighten up, Onew. I highly doubt it since you rarely give him sugar anyways." Taemin giggled as 'Minho' munched on the cupcake too. When they got to the store, Taemin sat inside of the shopping cart while Jinki pushed it around. Taemin was quietly talking to Minho and giggled every once in a while. He looked up at Jinki as he ruffled his hair.

"Do you want to go grab your banana milk?" Jinki asked. Taemin's eyes lit up and nodded. He jumped out of the cart and skipped off to the milke aisle. As he was trying to pick which brand of banana milk to get, he was knocked down by someone fairly large bumping into him. He let out a small squeak as he landed on the ground and rubbed his head.

"Oh sorr-- Well look who it is." Taemin stood up and dusted himself off, knowing very well who that voice belonged to. He reached out for the banana milk, hoping to just grab it and leave but a hand grabbed his arm, stopping him from doing so.

"How rude. Not even a 'Hello Taecyon'?'" He yelped as Taecuon roughly grabbed his arm. He heard a few snickers behind him and closed his eyes.

"Did your father not give you enough attention? Or did you simply miss his inside you that you had to keep this stupid doll?" Taemin cried as Taecyon yanked Minho from his hand and ran off laughing with his friends. He heard footsteps coming towards him and kneel down beside him.

"Are you okay? What's wrong?" A few minutes of crying later, Key and Jinki ran over, worried. After moments of crying, Taemin finally calmed down and was fast asleep with his head on Key's lap on the backseat of the car. Key gently ran his fingers through Taemin's hair as he watched him sleep.

"Minho hyung..." He heard Taemin whisper.

When they arrived at Jinki and Taemin's home, Jinki carried the sleeping Taemin upstairs to his room and tucked him under the blankets to make sure he was warm. He kissed Taemin's forehead and lifted the blanket up to his neck before quietly leaving the room.

"How's he doing?" Key asked, leaning against the wall. Jinki sighed and shook his head.

"Still fast asleep. I knew I shouldn't have left him alone."

"It's not your fault. Let's wait until Taemin wakes up, then he can tell us what happened." Jinki and Key went downstairs for tea and chatted for a while. Key volunteered to go upstairs when he heard shuffling coming from upstairs. Key knocked on the door and entered the room, closing the door behind him.

"Taeminnie?" Taemin was still laying on the bed, looking out at the window. He snuggled deeper into the covers and sighed. Key sat down at the edge of the bed behind Taemin and his hair.

"Do you want to tell me what happened?" Taemin lightly shook his head and brought the covers up to his cheeks.

A week has passed and Taemin has locked himself in his room. Jinki would leave a tray of food by his door and by the time he came back the tray would be cleaned out of food. Jinki decided he has had enough. He walked in Taemin's room without knocking and saw Taemin curled up into a ball on his bed.

"Taemin, you can't stay in here forever." Taemin didn't make a sound and ignored Jinki.

"Taemin, let's go. It's Key's birthday today, you should at least go." No sound. Jinki quickly became irritated after calling Taemin a few times. He ripped the blanket off of Taemin and grabbed his wrist dragging him off the bed. Taemin struggled and whined, trying to get Jinki to let go but the older man was far too strong.

"Taemin!"

"NO!" Taemin yelled, kicking Jinki whenever he had the chance.

"ONEW!" Taemin and Jinki turned their heads towards the sound of the voice and saw Key. Taemin yanked his arm out of Jinki's hands and ran towards Key, hugging the older boy. Key sighed and wrapped his arms around the crying boy. Jinki huffed and made his way downstairs, trying to avoid looking at Taemin. Key led Taemin to the bed and rubbed smooth circles on his back.

"Are you okay?" Taemin continued crying and leaned his head on Key's shoulder.

"Taeminnie, you know that Onew's right. You can't lock yourself in your room. We can get you a new puppet, one that looks exactly like Minho." Taemin shook his head and continued to cry. Key sighed and wiped Taemin's tears.

"Would you please come to my party? It would mean a lot to me. Just this once?" Taemin hesitated at first but eventually agreed, knowing how much he didn't want to let Key down.

Key hugged him and kissed his forehead. "Thank you," he said. "Come on, let's get you ready." Key helped Taemin pick what clothes to wear and helped put on light make-up. He hugged Key as a way to say thanks and hid behind him as they walked downstairs. Taemin knew that Jinki was still mad at him, so they avoided any sort of contact the whole ride. When they arrived at Key's house, Taemin just hugged Key's arm for his dear life. He didn't like places with a lot of people and it didn't help that Key's house was so huge. Every corner of the house was filled with people so Taemin tried his best to keep a distance. Half way through the night, Taemin went to get something to drink and when he turned around, Jinki and Key were gone; lost amidst the wave of people.