Chapter Four

Fishy Hae is mine!

Hyuk couldn't think. The image of Hae, reduced to a little pile of misery, was burnt into his memory. He ran and ran until he had spotted Shindong in the lunch room.

'YOU!' he growled. The surrounding kids kept silent.

Shindong turned around. 'What do you want?'

Hyuk hit him right on the nose. Others gasped.

Shindong quickly recovered and grabbed the smaller kid by the collar. 'I'll end you, you miserable worm!' He clenched his fist, blood still running from his nose. His fist hit Hyuk on the cheek. It hurt like hell but he stood his ground. He kicked Shindong's shin. 'That's for hurting my Hae Hae!' He yelled.

'Hyukkieeeeeeeeeeee noooooooooooo' Hae came running with Heechul right behind him and grabbed Hyuk's arm. 'Don't hurt him.'

'What?'

'Don't'

'Why not?'

'Don't fight for me.'

'That's what friends do!' Hyuk screamed.

'But but.' Hae's eyes were tearing up again. 'you'll get hurt.' he whispered.

'That's ok.' Hyuk whispered back.

Shindong saw his chance and lashed out.

Hae jumped in front of his monkey and took the hit, he immediately went knock out. Shindong froze.

Hyuk caught his unconscious fish.

'W-why...' Shindong stuttered.

'Why save Hyuk?' Heechul said. 'He loves Hyuk.'

'Love' Shindong huffed. His eyes never left Hae who was slowly waking up.

'Hyukkie?' it sounded so faint.

'Hae Hae.' Hyuk softly caressed his face.

Shindong was staring at them. Hae got up and went over to him. To everyone's surprise he hugged the bully.

'Minnie told me you lost your umma.' Hae whispered. 'Don't worry about her, I'll ask my appa to protect her in heaven.'

Shindong firmly closed his eyes and when he opened them, thick tears were rolling down. 'I miss my umma.'

Hae cried with him.

Hyuk was shocked while Heechul smirked.

'He is so cool' Another kid whispered.

'And so cute.' A girl said.

Hyuk scanned the admiring faces and felt his blood boil. He backhugged Hae and mouthed 'mine' with a death glare to the kids.

 

Their teacher wasn't pleased when she saw the swelling on Hyuk's cheek and Hae's black eye. She quickly got some ice. She tried to figure out what happened but both boys stubbornly kept their mouths shut.

'The rest of the day, I want you two seperated. Hyuk go in the building corner while you, Hae go make a puzzle!' She said sternly.

Both boys pouted but obeyed.

Hae was getting frustrated. This stupid puzzle didn't make any sense. He bit his lip. Suddenly a fly landed on his knee. He froze.

'M-M-Minho?' He whispered.

'Hmmm?' The other boy answered.

'There is a huge fly on my knee.'

Minho knew how scared Hae was of flies. 'Ok, don't worry, I'll get it.'

'Don't kill it though.' Hae shivered.

Minho sneaked up to Hae and with incredible speed he caught the fly, ran to the open window and released it.

'Thank you Minho!' Hae smiled.

Minho was beaming unaware of a pouting monkey in the corner.

 

They both got grounded at home. Not even for fighting but for not explaining what happened. Being grounded meant no play time with each other. It was the worst punishment ever.

Hyuk was in his room, sitting on his bed, staring at his feet.

Suddenly he heard a soft knock. He automatically went to the door but realised it came from behind him. He turned around to see Hae outside his window. He quickly let the boy in.

'Hae, you promised that you wouldn't climb anymore!' Hyuk yelled.

Hae covered the monkey's mouth with his little hand.

'I needed to see you'. He whispered.

Hyuk blinked.

'I'm sorry I got you in trouble, Hyukkie.' Hae stared at his feet.

'T-that's ok.' Hyuk mumbled.

'Can I sleep here?'

'We are grounded.'

'I put my big Nemo in my bed and my blankie over it.'

Hyuk smiled and ruffled the other's hair. 'Ok then.'