Oh, kiss me out of the bearded barley

Make the Fireflies Dance, Silver Moon Sparkling.

  Jia was just heading to bed when her phone buzzed. She picked up her phone, curious. It was already 1 am... Who would text her at this hour? 

 Amber would. Of course.

  "Meet me tonight? Say yes, I'll send you directions."

  Jia's heart skipped and she blushed. Amber and her had been good friends for a while, although Jia always liked her more than that. She replied.

  

  "Uh, sure... It's 1 AM... Did I get this late?"

   Almost immediately she got a reply. Amber must have been typing her reply while waiting for Jia's response. 

  "No, you didn't. You know the rows of barely behind your house? Walk through that. It's safe, I checked. Once your about half way in, turn to the left (away from the interstate). Keep walking until you get to see a treehouse. It's torn down, but not bad enough to where it's unsafe. Bring a flashlight and... And maybe wear that sundress? The blue one you wore when we got ice cream last weekend... I'll see you soon!"

   When Jia finished reading this, she shivered. She was excited, but also a bit paranoid. Was Amber okay? Was something wrong? She shrugged and slipped on her dress. Then, she walked over to the mirror. Studying her face, she didn't know what she felt about it. I guess that means Amber probably wouldn't feel much about it either. She put on a tiny bit of eyeliner, mascara, and then ran a brush through her layered hair. She decided to leave it down, not knowing what to do with it. 

   Jia grabbed her ratty old sneakers, in which her laces were torn and dirt was visibly noticeable on them. She didn't think anything of it, but any other girl would have gone for something more feminine. 

    She tip-toed through the kitchen, and quietly open and closed the door. The outside world was so different at night. She could see the barley from here, it was actually only about 15 meters away. Slipping on her shoes and turning on her flashlight, she made her way through the tall wheat. Nobody owned this property anymore, and the wheat tended to grow and be planted on it's own, so she wasn't destroying anyone's property.

 

  About ten minutes through, she looked back. It seemed to be the halfway mark. She looked at the road. For 1:30 AM, there was quite a few cars. None of them could see her, as there was no light shining on the field other than her flashlight. Jia turned to the left and started walking. She quickened her pace, getting impatient. 

  She thought she could see something... She squinted and pointed her flashlight in that direction. It was the treehouse! And a figure was there. It was still a bit far away from where she was, but she'd be there in no more than 2 minutes tops. 

 

  She bursted out into a full on sprint, filled with excitement.

 

__________________________

Hey you guyssss. Uh, well I was listening to Sixpence None The Richer's song Kiss me, and yeah. There will be probably one more chapter. c: