Chapter 7? LOL

The Mushroom Princess

 

Taeyeon, Amber and Krystal all blinked their eyes simultaneously, like their brains commanded them to make sure that Tiffany was gone, and indeed she was, for there was naught but air in the spot where Tiffany once stood.

 

“What…?”

 

“Pani-ah?!” Taeyeon shouted, frightened for Tiffany. A deep, hearty chuckle answered Taeyeon’s shocked yell. She looked up to her left to see Tiffany held by a man dressed in what seemed like green pyjamas with a quiver hanging off his shoulder. He had apparently swung on a rope from nowhere up onto a tree whose trunk leaned sideways, creating a surface parallel to the ground. He leaned in to give the Princess a slobbery smooch on the cheek, but a weird kind of pride surged in Taeyeon’s heart when she saw Tiffany shoving the man away hard.

 

“What is your problem, huh?” she hissed at him, continuously palming him heavily in the chest.

 

He merely let out a guffaw, “Be still, mon cherie, for I am your saviour!”

 

“I don’t understand French, dude,” Tiffany deadpanned.

 

“It means-“

 

“Hey!” Taeyeon yelled furiously as she sprinted up towards the trunk. “That’s my Princess! Go find your own!”

 

“Please, lady! Can’t you see I’m a little-“ he gestured towards Tiffany “-busy here?”

 

“Hey, I don’t know what you’re doing or who you think you are!” Tiffany growled as she gave him some extra stiff prods to the upper torso.

 

He gave them his stupid little laugh again before saying, “Oh how rude of me… Please, let me introduce myself. Oh Merry Men! Hahaha~”

 

Oh my lord I want to stab him just so he can never laugh again, Taeyeon thought angrily. That is the most irritating… I can’t even.

 

A guy sitting on a wooden swing came out of nowhere and started playing a cheerful tune on his accordion while rustling noises came from behind them and they all turned to see the bushes jumping around from spot to spot; legs seemed to have sprouted from beneath each bush.

 

“Oh man that crap is trippy,” Amber complained. Several men – also dressed in those unique green pyjamas – jumped out from behind their respective shrubs and burst out into song, each one doing a peculiar little tap dance to serve as the visuals for the weirdly merry song.

 

I steal from the rich and give to the needy
He takes a wee percentage
But I’m not greedy!
I rescue pretty damsels, man I’m good!
What a guy! Monsieur Hood~”

 

They all started whistling and jumping around like spastic people, according to Taeyeon.

 

“I like a little fight and a saucy little maid
What he’s basically saying is he likes to get-“

 

“LAID!” Amber shouted loudly and very immaturely, but even Krystal couldn’t stop herself from sniggering as Taeyeon and Tiffany burst out into hysterical laughter.

 

“Excuse me, you will not interrupt our song, dear monsieur!” the first guy exclaimed. His buddies all nodded enthusiastically as he started advancing on Amber with a knife.

 

“Correction, I am a woman,” Amber said.

 

“No,” the men gasped. “What sorcery is this? Surely a fine looking man as yourself does not possess… er, certain attributes.”

 

“I just said… whatever,” Amber facepalmed.

 

“Now if you do not mind, I will take this knife and ram it through your heart-“

 

Amber raised her eyebrows, “I do mind, thank you very much.”

 

“Then how about this?” one of the men smirked maliciously as he loaded his bow and fired the wooden arrow straight at the little group; everyone quickly jumped out of the way as it sped past them before ricocheting crazily off the trees.

 

Suddenly, the man who had shot the arrow turned blue and they all looked on in horror to see that ice had engulfed him; luckily, the soft grass prevented him from being smashed in halves as he fell over with a loud thud. Everyone, including the men, turned to look at Krystal accusingly.

 

She raised an eyebrow, “What? I didn’t do it.”

 

“No, we will not let you sing again,” a female voice called out. The group turned their heads to see two women entering the scene. “God your songs are terrible, I can’t even sleep. Honestly, the only improvement to your song was when the llama shouted out ‘laid’.”

 

“…Why does everyone think I’m a llama?” Amber complained, tousling her hair vigorously as though demanding her brain for answers.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry, I thought you were one,” the woman apologised. “Anyway, you guys better get out of here unless you want to start something with me.”

 

The men started laughing even though their companion was literally frozen on the ground. “My dear ladies, even though most of you are women, we will not go easy!”

 

“I’M A WOMAN!” came Amber’s desperate shout; sadly, it was ignored.

 

“Well, you know, if you say so,” the woman shrugged, unfazed by the threat. She turned to the taller, tanned girl. “Kick , Yuri.”

 

“Okay, Sica.”

 

The girl next to her stepped forward, and everyone’s eyes bulged as they saw her shed the outer top: a white sports bra remained, along with training pants and a pair of shoes. Her uncovered stomach clearly showed the excessive amounts of exercise she must have indulged in daily.

 

That is hot, Amber and Taeyeon both drooled simultaneously. Krystal rolled her eyes at the two erts, but she couldn’t help feeling a little hot at the sight herself. The woman called Yuri wasted no time and immediately jumped forward to throw a steely fist straight up into one of the men’s stomach; it was no surprise that he doubled over, wheezing and panting from the heavy punch.

 

The men all started rushing towards Yuri while yelling furiously and Amber automatically launched herself into the fray, quickly changing everyone’s impression of her from dumb llama to extremely crazy martial artist as she delivered uppercuts, hooks and kicks left and right. Random shouts and yells filled the air as the two ladies continued their assault on the men, and all the others could do was stand back and stare in awe. With Yuri’s help, every man was soon unconscious with multiple bruises flowering quickly, scattered randomly along their bodies.

 

“Oh gosh, I haven’t had a workout like that in a while,” Amber panted; she dragged the back of her hand across her sweat covered forehead to emphasise her sentence.

 

“Good job, dude,” Yuri grinned, giving her a thumbs up.

 

“Thanks,” Amber nodded, “you too. Where’d you learn to do that stuff?”

 

Yuri shrugged, “Well, it always comes in handy just in case… there’s an arrow in your !”

 

Everyone turned to stare at Amber’s bottom, which had a very large arrow sticking out of it.

 

“Well, would you look at that!” the tomboy said. “There’s an arrow in my ... Oh god there’s an arrow in my . My . In my !”

 

And with that, she promptly fainted in shock. Krystal caught her before she could crumple heavily onto the ground and instead lowered her slowly onto the soft grass.

 

“How the hell do you not feel an arrow sticking in your ,” the young girl muttered darkly to herself. She nodded to the girls, “It’s okay, unnie, I’ve got her.”

 

“So um, thanks for helping us,” Taeyeon and Tiffany both said gratefully as they shook the hands of the other two. “We’re Taeyeon and Tiffany.”

 

“No problem,” Yuri replied cheerfully. “I’m Yuri, and this here is Jessica.”

 

The girl named Jessica yawned heavily, “These guys are always so noisy, I can’t even get any proper sleep around here.”

 

“Oh, do you guys live out here in the woods?” Taeyeon questioned them, her curiosity piqued.

 

“Oh no, we don’t,” Yuri replied. “We had a break from work, and Sica wanted to come out here to enjoy the peace and quiet, and she’s quite the sleeper, so she ended up drifting off…”

 

“But these guys always seem to interrupt my resting time,” Jessica said, rolling her eyes. “I should just freeze them all next time.”

 

“Oh that reminds me,” Tiffany spoke up. “Are you related to Krystal over there in any way? She is able to use ice like you do.”

 

“That’s… interesting,” Jessica said mildly. “I don’t know, she could be my long lost sister or something. I don’t have any relatives that I’m aware of.”

 

While the four girls were conversing with one another, Krystal was busy looking at the wooden arrow sticking comically out of the tomboy’s .

 

“There doesn’t seem to be much blood yet, but if I pull it out…”

 

She debated with herself for a few moments before she steeled herself for action.

 

“Amber, this is going to hurt and I’m sorry… actually, no, not really, but…”

 

She gripped onto the wooden shaft firmly and yanked out the arrowhead quickly. Amber’s eyes reflexively flew open as she was knocked back into consciousness by the unbearable pain radiating from her cheek.

 

“AARGHHHH! Krystal, it hurts!”

 

Sure enough, blood had started to seep out through the clothes as the arrow escaped the clutches of the . Krystal quickly made her whole hand icy and laid it upon the older girl’s injury; the red liquid froze underneath her hand and it stopped flowing through the fabric.

 

“Does it still hurt?” Krystal said softly after a few minutes.

 

“No, thank you… my feels really numb now, and I can’t move my legs… But isn’t this sort of awkward?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Your hand is on my . You’re touching my .”

 

Krystal was silent as she processed the tomboy’s words before she slowly turned pink. “N-No! This is for you, you stupid llama. Would you rather I left you to feel the pain?”

 

“Oh no, I’m very grateful,” Amber smirked. “But either way, you’re still touching my .”

 

“You… I can’t believe you," Krystal muttered as she quickly yanked her hand away from the tomboy.

 

“Seriously though, thank you,” Amber said, the sincerity detectable in her voice. “Can I ask you a favour?”

 

“What…?”

 

“Since I can’t feel my legs, I can’t walk. Can you piggy back me?”

 

Krystal stared at the tomboy, but when it was apparent that the latter was not joking, she huffed. “Fine, alright, I’ll piggy back you. But when you can walk again, you better tell me, or your will be worse than numb.”

 

“Ooh, , I like,” Amber winked before she yelped as Krystal slapped her shoulder. “Okay I’m sorry!”

 

“Well, we have to get going now,” Taeyeon said. “It was a pleasure meeting you guys, and we’re very grateful for the assistance you provided for us today.”

 

“Stop being so formal, Taeyeon-ssi,” Yuri laughed. “Hope we meet again. Goodbye!”

 

---

 

A/N: Okay... I feel really bad for not updating in such a long time, but hey, here's an update LOL.

The (implied) YulSic cameo was something random, as I wanted to find a way to fit in the rest of the SNSD members, so hopefully the rest will come soon. Still workin' on it.

Oh, and to those who wanted a twist to the story instead of the actual Shrek ending or whatever, I'm thinking. Trust me, I'm trying. LOL.