MinEun

Midnight Academy

The rattles of the door knob whistled into Rinka’s ears, twisting and turning; someone was going to come in. Her diary was still in her lap, and she quickly turned her head towards the direction of the strawberry blonde girl, who was still sound asleep, her earphones still in her ears. She had fallen asleep listening to music.

Something Rinka had never done.

As an instinct, she slammed her diary closed, and lifted her mattress just enough for the small journal to fit under, before throwing it on the bottom of the bed; leaving it like it was just a past and broken memory.

The door opened just in time as the mattress found its place, the journal completely hidden under. A girl, a girl with auburn colored hair revealed herself. Her face had a perfect complexion:  strong and set jawline, thin nose, eyebrows that didn’t meet and we perfectly aligned with the brow bone, her eyes were big and round, mostly because of the thick eyeliner line that precisely marked across her top eyelid, extending a small cat eye at the end for more dramatic effect. Her cheek bones were high, and her lips were colored with a light shade of pink, making the color of her eyes stand out more.

Dark purple.

What did that mean? Every eye color had a specific meaning, didn’t it? The girl looked exhausted, she didn’t even acknowledge Rinka’s presence yet. She breathed heavily, her face just just a light shade of red, probably due to running around? Exercising?

Training.

The features of this beautiful girl Rinka was gazing up and down at, belonged to Minee. Or MinEun, she should say. This was her second dorm mate that just got back from training with JR. The dorm mate she was jealous at for being with JR, even though she’s never even spoken a  word to her yet, and even though she barely knew JR. She didn’t know why. The feeling just came to her.

MinEun,finally noticing Rinka staring up at her as she was still sitting on her bed, questioningly gave her a look, but that followed with a warm smile.
“You must be our new roommate?” Her voice sounded really laid back, and welcoming, which Rinka felt like she could really get used to.

But she felt envy of her. The reason was empty, and not to her knowing. Was it the fact that she was a vampire, and could possess any power given to her? Or was it just the simple fact of the whole training situation? Or was it both?

She felt like she already claimed JR for comfort, so that no one else could have him while things were going to be rough for her. She didn’t want anyone else around him.

You’re so selfish.

Brushing her thoughts away, Rinka returned to MinEun with a small smile before nodding. “Yes, you’re MinEun, right? Yunjae already told me about you.” She felt like she needed to ask, even though it was quite obviously as to who it was.

“Yeah, that’s me,” She puffed a small breath before continuing, letting herself catch her normal breathing pattern again, “Welcome to our dorm, and school.” She giggled lightly, making her way to her bed that was covered with Polk-a-dot bed covers and posters of random quotes hung above her headboard.

They were strange quotes, mostly about vampires.

Rather than doing the mannerly thing to do, Rinka read one of the quotes outside her head, which wasn’t her intention to do, it just slipped.

”Evilness is not the vampire itself, but what the vampire makes of himself. Lesley T…” Her eyebrows were furrowed, her eyes squinted, and MinEun smiled as she settled herself in her bed.  That;s my favorite quote," MinEun started, "Believe it or not but it helps me when I'm upset or when I'm going to do something I'll regret. 

Rinka's mind started wandering; it really need seem like that saying had an impact. However, it wouldn't have impacted her, since she wasn't a vampire. But it could apply to humans too, it you just switched the wording, she thought. 

Due to Rinka's silence, MinEun switched the subject. "So, what's a human, such as yourself, doing her at this school anyways? Are you not scared to death of us?" She had some arrogance in her voice, but Rinka was too busy in her own mind, searching for an answer, to notice. She first wanted to tell MinEun how her father was a vampire, how they had his paintings all over the school, how Ren selfishly bit her and almost got her turned. (Her face twisted at the rememberence) Most of all, she wanted to ask why she didn't turn.

Every piece of flesh that belongs to a human that gets bitten by a vampire, is to be turned. Right?Rinka's eyes met her new roommate, she noticed the that the redness on MinEun's face had gone away and her natural, milky skin seemed like it was almost glowing in comparison to Rinka's slightly tanned skin. She began to speak. 

"My...mother just signed me up here. I didn;t know this place was just a school for vampires, and the headmaster didn't bother asking me why I was here, either. He actually looking thrilled when he saw me." So much for mentioning my dad, she thought. Oh, and asking why she hadn't turned. Smart Rinka. 

Rinka sat herself on her own bed, and YunJae' quite breathing filled up the room because of the lack of repsonse MinEun left. 

Finally, she spoke. "Well, if you asked me, I don;t understand why Headmaster decided to keep you here. No one, except for our kind, it allowed to even step foot through the gates." Her face had a skeptical idea to it, as well as Rinka's. Except hers had more of a confusion factor to it. Rinka only shrugged, hoping to end the conversation. Her head was banging because of all of these questions and no answers. 

"Well, nice meeting you anyways." MinEun gave her a warm smile. She's a pretty nice girl, she thought to herself. She did miss ShinYeon and SooYoung, though. They're gossip and talk about boys, it was amusing. 

"Thank-" Rinka stopped herself realizing MinEun was putting herself to sleep. She smiled to herself, laying down and yanked the tiny cord on her nightstand lamp, leaving all three of them in the darkness. "Thanks." Se whispered to herself. Her eyes fluttered closed, and what she dreamed that night, was what she never would've expected.

________________

 

Hey guys omg I'm sooooo sorry for almost a year probably since my last update. I'm not even gonna make an excuse, I was just too lazy to go on my laptop and write! I didn't realize how much I missed the characters since I started reading more books and I remebered I made characters of my own haha (: I know it's a y chapter for such a long update but I actually wrote this chapter several months ago, hid it, and never came back to it. I finished it today though! And I'm going to write the next chapter tonight so hopefully I'll be able to update some time tomorrow.

Thanks for still sticking with this story you guys! I love you all! (: <3