Happily Ever After

Midnight Academy

 

Rinka bit her lip, staring at the words that her pen had written down. She didn’t even notice how hard she pressed down on the paper, for the ink bled through to the next page.

She felt herself feel in disbelief.  Why was she being so jealous? It’s not like that girl and JR were dating anyway, even if they were, she shouldn’t care; something in her made her feel so envious of her new roommate who was spending time with JR tonight.

She brought her legs up and rested the open diary on her lap, gazing into nowhere. Her eyes traveled into a different dimension, to a place that she did not know of. Or a place that she was yet to be in.

 

“JR!” The sound of heavy breathing filled up the atmosphere, the burning sensation her legs were feeling as she was running to her destination. It hurt like hell, but she couldn’t stop. She forced herself to cross the finish line. Even if the finish line was her way to her own death.

I have to make it. She thought as her left leg overpowered her right, not being able to catch up with her breath. “JR! REN!”  She was barely able to let her voice come out as a scream. But it wasn’t good enough. No answer. She finally reached an area, more like a battlefield.

Her legs came into a holt, staring at her surroundings. There were dead bodies that belonged to the vampires everywhere, fire that had been lit, and burned holes into the ground. She breathed slowly, hoping that whatever was to be seen, whatever was so be seen because of fate, was not going to happen.

I did it.” Someone whispered. Rinka slowly turned her head, her eyes flickered to the right side of the battlefield, and saw that one of the dead bodies that belonged to vampires, had also belonged to Ren. There was someone standing by his body, someone who was dark and cold, someone who had blood dripping from his lips, someone who had killed Ren.

 

***

“Hey you better be careful before you hit me in the face!” JR yelled at Minee as he was holding up a punching bag for her to practice her kicks.
“I’m sorry I can’t control my foot!” She lifted her right leg, her good leg, and swung it, completely passing the punching bag and bulls eyed right into JR’s side.

“DAMN IT MINEE!” JR groaned, his hands covering his side as he crouched down. “I’m really sorry!” She apologized as she kneeled down at JR’s level. “Here let me see if I can help.” She removed JR’s arms from his side and lifted his shirt a bit so she could see if she left a bruise.

“What are you-“ JR’s eyes widened as he felt her sudden touch, astonished by how formally she could do that to her kinds’ leader.
“Hush there’s nothing even there,” she pulled his shirt down before continuing, “ya weakling.” She chuckled getting up on her feet again.

“Oh, I’m the weakling? You can’t even kick a BAG correctly. I’d hate to see you in battle, if that time even comes.” He pulled off his gloves and threw them aside, flipping his hair to the right side of his face; his good side.

Minee tied her long, auburn hair up into a bun since the room was starting to heat up. They’d been practicing all morning and she was pretty sure she was sweating buckets. She didn’t care what she looked like right now though, she was only in front of JR. She felt like she didn’t need to impress him since she didn’t even like him like that. Though he was her leader, she obviously needed to look presentable around him.

“I’m sorry I just haven’t fought in a long time. You know, after that accident I had I was too broken to do anything.” She told him.

Right…the accident.

The accident that caused everything to go downhill. The accident that made JR worry about Krishnas and their training for the battle. The accident that almost got Minee killed.

“Let’s…Not talk about that, yeah?” JR suggested. He wanted to smile at her, to make her feel better after thinking about the accident that happened to her again, but he was just so used to having his cold expression.

The only person he smiled to was Rinka, and he wanted to keep it that way.

Rinka. Where was she anyways? JR’s mind traveled back all the way to when he heard her speaking to her father in her room. She was on the phone with him, to JR it felt like she was sad, yet happy that her father was speaking with her.

He still couldn’t figure out why he couldn’t understand what he was saying. To JR it felt like he was speaking gibberish, not Korean. He quickly shook his head, turning his attention back to Minee.
“Thanks for helping me today.” She told him as her cheeks slowly rose to give him a soft smile.

He only nodded as a, “you’re welcome”, and grabbed his jacket. “Tell YunJae I told her to practice as well. You never know when we’re gonna break out in battle.” He warned.

She bowed and nodded slowly, retrieving her belongings and walked out of the practice room, leaving JR and his thoughts to continue roaming around all over the place.

“God I’m tired.” He mumbled as he dropped to the floor, resting his palm on his forehead. His eyes trailed to looked up at the ceiling, there was no sound to be heard. Slowly, his eyelids grew heavy and they drooped down; closed. So all he could see was black.

All he could see was black, until he saw a painted picture of Rinka and Ren, living happily ever after.

***

Another dream has ended, but I'll show you a new one, next night.

 

Hey guys! I'm really sorry for not updating I was just really busy. And I'm also sorry for the y/short update but I promise I'll get back on track soon! 
(I know it's Tuesday not Wednesday but I just felt like you guys have waited long enough lol)