Let's Go Crazy

Off Limits

 



Chapter 3 [Let’s Go Crazy]


I'll be damned if I do

I'll be damned if I don't do too

I find a way to get through

And that is you


---


Dara couldn’t really believe the sight in before her. She knew the face damn too well, that was THE Jiyong she had been staring the picture at nightly. He was as perfect as his photograph, if not more. The photo of him she had was a younger version of this man. His lips were the perfect shade of pink, his skin glowing under the room light, and she would bet her life to say that his body, although look a little small  for a guy, was well built.


 

He just stood there like a statue when he realized that his father was in the room. Behind him, on his back was a girl he kissed endlessly some moments ago, now eyed him and his father, back and forth with questioning eyes. She was like glued to his back and for a mere second Dara felt like barking and telling her to get down. Of course, she didn’t do that. No kind-hearted country girl does that.


“Ah.. Son, Chaerin...” Mr. Kwon tried to break the silence, awkward silence. “Here’s Dara, and she’s uhm... your... uhm..” He looked up for the right words.


“Fiancee,” Dara finished him, and the two figures (who looked like the ones who melted and glued permanently into each other) in front of her moved their eyes to her at the same time, with eyes that were looking for answers.


“So Dara, I hadn’t told you but... Our Jiyong he...” Mr. Kwon tried to explain but stopped halfway. “That girl there, Chaerin, is his girlfriend.” He finally said it! He said it! And for milliseconds Mr. Kwon was proud of himself.


“Well dad.. care to explain?” Jiyong finally spoke up, and to Dara’s ear it had to be the iest voice a man could ever produce. He was walking to the other side of the sofa, putting the girlfriend down who was noticeably wincing a bit when her feet touched the floor. He eyed her with subtle worry and she nodded okay.


So Mr. Kwon was forced to tell the whole story (which he himself was still unsure about). “I know she wasn’t lying, but... I’m not sure of what to do now... she had come all the way here to meet you and...”


“I’m cool with it,” Chaerin suddenly spoke up, all eyes were on her. “I mean, you guys must be thinking about how would I handle this, my boyfriend suddenly has a fiancee...” She continued, “and I’m cool with it,” she repeated.


Chaerin-ah!” Jiyong looked at her, eyes almost pleading.


Yah! Ji, look! She has come all the way here to meet you, believing you are his fiancee, not slightest imagination about you being a boyfriend of someone else, and what would you want her to do? Living her life miserably at the seashore and jump into the sea?”


Well... Dara had thought about it for a moment, actually. Her heart was starting to shatter for the one-sided love.


“So you want me to just marry her?” Jiyong hissed, his eyes filled with questions.


Chaerin’s mouth shaped O and her eyes widened before smacking his head, “Yah! Are you crazy? How could I give you up just like that?” and Dara was sure she saw Jiyong’s eyes lighten up and he smiled, heaved with ease.


“You scared me,” he whispered, looking up at her and getting closer until their nose touched. Giggled together and his lips caught hers, giving little kisses.


Well... this is awkward, do they forget we are still here? Mr. Kwon thought. He cleared his throat to bring the two back before they start making out in front of him, though he was almost gotten used to them doing their things already, not with another spectator beside him.


“So...” Chaerin started again, “I’m cool with it. I can have her here,” She stopped halfway, “For how long should we do this? Is a month too short? Maybe two months?” She questioned Jiyong. “wait, you’re okay with it, no?”


Jiyong ponder for a moment, “Actually it does feel awkward to have someone else here but I guess we can’t just throw her out, no?”


“Don’t pity me,” Dara interrupted, “I mean... if you just let me stay because I have nowhere else to go, actually I do.” She continued, “But honestly, I’d love to have the chance to know you better.” She was talking to Jiyong, of course, and her cheeks blushed a little. And for seconds she felt burning stare pointed at her, “and you too, of course...” she added timidly, looking at Chaerin.


“Two months then” Chaerin decided, “You’ll stay here for two months, until around valentine’s.”


“And by the end of the two months... I mean, by the valentine day, he will get to choose between us?” Dara asked, she liked it already, it sounded more and more like what they do in the drama she watched with her cousins back in her house.


Chaerin stared at her with weird expression, and for a mere second Dara thought she looked like she was about to explode.


And she actually did.


“Of course not! Are you stupid? We’re not things! We’re girls, we’re human! Why would he get the right to choose who’s better for him between us?” She protested. “Him being a man doesn’t mean he gets all the authority. Yes he’ll get to choose, but we do too.” She puffed angrily and Dara saw Jiyong patted her back, whispering something to her to calm her down.


“Gender issues always turn her on,” he explained, a smile was on his face and Dara believed he couldn’t be any more adorable.


“Anyway, what she meant was that until Valentine you can decide whether or not you want me to be your fiancee, and later marry me, which means spending a lifetime with me. She can decide whether she still wants to be my girlfriend, and I will decide, yea... what will I do with my life,” He finished explaining, glanced at Chaerin and pinched her cheek a bit, “Am I right, madam?” smiling all the way, Chaerin nodded, “you know me all too well..” she sighed, resting her head on his shoulder as he circled his arms around her waist.


“Well... that’s not exactly seems like the drama storyline I watched but this one is even better, I’ll get to choose too,” Dara commented. “So I’m okay with it,” she nodded.


Although she felt like losing the battle already.


“Great, welcome to our household!” Chaerin grinned ear to ear, offering her hands. Dara took it for a brief handshake, “What a cool girlfriend he has!” she thought.


---


Let's go crazy, you gotta show, oh baby

Let's go crazy, go with the flow

And maybe not so hasty, taking it slow

It's so easy and let us go crazy again


(Let’s go crazy - CN Blue)


comment, please? :)