Ordinary People

Off Limits

 

Chapter 1 - Ordinary People

 

---


Maybe we'll live and learn

Maybe we'll crash and burn

Maybe you'll stay, maybe you'll leave, maybe you'll return

Maybe another fight, maybe we won't survive

Maybe we'll grow, we'll never know

Baby, you and I

 

---


Jiyong, Jiyong, my fiancé, I’m gonna meet you tonight sha-la-la, and together, together la-la we’ll live our happily ever after doo-dee-doo…” A girl with neat ponytail, wrapped in her thick pink jacket humming as she strolled along the busy street of Seoul, in her hand was her suitcase, in her mind was her fiancé, Jiyong.

 

 

Dara had been living her twenty two years with this belief in mind; that she would live happily ever after with her fiancé once they met. Kwon Jiyong was the name resounding in her head every single day. The very time she woke up, he was the first thing she had in mind. Though actually, they never even once met.

 

 

No, she didn’t have those so called amnesia syndrome whatsoever-which only happened in a drama. She had no idea of who this Jiyong was, except that he was the son of Mr. Kwon, her father’s very best friend. Talking about this, she never really met Mr. Kwon either. She only heard the story about him from her parents. Well, she was going to meet him tonight afterall.

 

 

Kwon Jiyong, his existence was like that imaginary prince on his white horse, the knight in shining armor, like those she read in fairytales. She grew up believing that he was the one fated for her, she couldn’t remember how many boys had she turned off because of this guy, and tonight would be the fateful night, because tonight, they would finally meet.

 

 

---

 

 

Jiyong you stupid bastard, you ungrateful dog, you silly jerk, I won’t forgive you anymore, no, not again tonight!” A girl in her twenties stormed out of the apartment she had been sharing with her boyfriend, while cursing non-stop under her breath.

 

 

If ever you thought he would be somewhere behind her, chasing and running after her, shouting her name at the top of his lungs and dramatically pulled her into his warm hug, sorry to say, you guessed wrong. He was nowhere in sight, and this fact actually made the girl got (if possible) even angrier.

 

 

Her face was red, both from anger and the cold of December wind. Her impulsive (like always) movement had caused her to stupidly leave the apartment without thinking to grab even the thinnest coat, and who would be stupid enough to wear such fancy stilettos during this kind of cold night? Well, no one but this angry girl.

 

 

“How could he,” she took a deep breath here, before cursing some more, “how the hell could he said my cooking is a failure? Even if it was, he still shouldn’t have said it; he’s my boyfriend for goodness sake! So what if he’s a cook? He still shouldn’t say that!” She thought out loud.

 

 

This girl in heels was too busy consumed by her anger she didn’t see the girl with a huge suitcase coming before her, and in no time, the expected happened. Both girls sat shocked in the middle of the crowd, which didn’t seem to care enough.

 

 

Omo! Omo! I’m sorry miss! I really didn’t see you! Are you alright? You okay? Did I hurt you anywhere?” the girl with the pink jacket asked furiously, while the one with high heels had stood up straight as if nothing happened.

 

 

“I’m okay,” she answered shortly, coldly. Her hands patted the edge of her dress, dusting off the snowflakes that had fallen there.

 

 

“You sure you’re okay? How about your feet? Oh my, you’re wearing such high heels, you sure you’re alright?” She asked again only to receive the coldest glare she had ever seen.

 

 

“What’s your problem? I’ve told you I’m okay, care about your belonging first,” She answered, picked some of the girl’s things on the road, gave it to her and went off.

 

 

Holding her stuffs given by the stranger, she sighed, “Well, thank you, it’s good then if you’re okay…” putting her stuff back in her bag she clapped her hand and continued her walk, “Ah! Jiyong my fiancé! I’m going to meet you tonight!”

 

 

---

 

 

Heaving a heavy sigh, she finally sat on the swing. “First that ungrateful boyfriend of mine and now this stupid twisted ankle, how the hell am I even going to ever get home,” she cursed silently. “Lee Chaerin, you stupid girl. He's a cook after all, he knows how food should taste like, and yeah, your cooking is actually that bad, right?” She sighed again, causing the puffy white air to spread around her lips.

 

 

Aahh.. Chaerin! You stupid stupid girl! What kind of girl doesn't know the difference between sugar and salt? But really, I swear I put salt today instead of sugar!” She threw tantrum and pouted, “should I call him? It's getting a little too cold anyway...” she shivered.

 

 

Yeah, and no way she could go home with her twisted ankle.

 

 

---

 

 

Looking at the food served on the table, he sighed. This girl, how many times must he tell her not to cook? Now not only their kitchen looked like a bomb had exploded there, none of the dishes could be eaten. He was sure of it even before tasting it.

 

 

Sitting on the chair, he finally gave in, he picked the lettuce from the salad bowl and winced soon after, only his Chaerin could ruin a salad this bad. The soup was too salty (he was actually surprised it wasn't sweet like the last time), and the chicken, he hadn't tasted it yet but it was obviously burnt. The only thing on the table tasted right was the wine, like of course.

 

 

What's with her temper anyway. He didn't say anything that mean during the phone call, did he?

 

 

Munching the lettuce (which honestly didn't taste that bad after a while), their conversation replayed in his head.

 

 

---

 

 

Jiyong-ssi, when are you coming home?” She asked in a bubbly tone, calling him in such manner to .

 

 

“I'm actually in the parking lot  now, I’ll be there in no time, do you want me to buy something?”

 

 

“Nope, I cooked the dinner so-”

 

 

“No way, you didn't” he cut her off, his eyes widened in horror as the scene of their last dinner together (when she cooked that is).

 

 

“Yes way, I did,” He could hear her smiling widely.

 

 

“But I'm a cook...”

 

 

“But I'm a cook's girlfriend...”

 

 

“...”

 

 

“What is it Ji-ah? You've eaten?”

 

 

“No, no I haven't but...”

 

 

“But what?” He sensed her voice thicken.

 

 

And why must it happen when he was already right in front of their apartment?

 

 

“But your cooking is...” he gulped, deciding whether to speak or not, “fail...” he finished in a low tone, almost unheard of.

 

 

But of course she did hear.

 

 

wrong password.

 

 

Beep... beep... beep...

 

 

The door flung open and there that girlfriend of him stood angrily, “Yah! Get out of my way!”


---

 

This ain't a movie, nah

No fairytale conclusion, y'all

It gets more confusing everyday

Sometimes it's heaven sent

Then we head back to hell again

We kiss then we make up on the way


----


Comments? :)


Okay, the next update will be after I update QoH. Which I plan to do tonight or tomorrow :) I’m so gonna flood you with my stories.

And yes, if you think you’ve seen this story somewhere, yes, I posted it in SDK (Skydragon Kingdom forum), good thing I only posted until this chapter too there so it doesn’t really make any difference if you’ve read it there.

Anyways, comment away. They make me happy :)