You're mine

You're mine

*SEUNG HO POV*

 

She makes me believe that she loves me and then she lets things slip that shows me how she really feels. She's playing with me now…I'm ok with it as long as she doesn't do anything she'll regret later. I don't want to believe she'd attempt to leave me… but I know it's possible. It will never happen, though. She's mine. I'm a very selfish and possessive person. I hope she realizes that.

 

I stand up and walk towards my bed room, where she should be getting ready. She shouldn't have any reason to worry about my friends. If she behaves, she won't get in trouble, and I wouldn't allow any of them do anything to her. I will have to keep a close eye on Jinwoon tonight… I don't like the way he looks at her.

 

"What shall I name you?" Eun bin's voice catches my attention. I slowly open the bed room door, she doesn't notice, or if she does she doesn't want to acknowledge me.

 

I smile as she holds the small kitten out in front of her. Perhaps getting her a pet was a good idea. She's wearing a small black dress and her hair is done up in a complicated looking twist. She listened to me. I like it when she does that.

 

"catty?" she asks staring the animal. "No, that doesn't sound right."

 

She walks over to one of the room decorations. It's a round globe of the world that shows the different countries. She puts the cat down and spins the globe, closing her eyes and touching it lightly with her fingers. When it stops moving she opens her eyes and reads the name her finger is on.

 

"Syria?" She looks down at the cat that is playing with a pillow tassel. "I think Syria will work."

 

"Are you ready?"

 

She spins around and looks at me, surprised. "Um, yes," she says, barely looking at me.

 

"Follow me then." As we're walking down the stairs I fill her in on what I expect from her tonight. "You have to greet all of our guests like a good hostess. No whining or being mean to any of them tonight and you had better be good to me." I look at her from the corner of my eyes as she chews her bottom lip. "And stop doing that. You are a part of this family now so you had better act like it."

 

"I'll try," she answers quietly.

 

"You had better do more then try," I warn her. When we reach the bottom of the stairs I take her hand and walk her towards the greeting place in the hallway.

 

She smiles and nods at all of the people who arrive, her arm tightens around mine when Ji eun arrives, and it makes me smirk. Eun bin looks almost comically uncomfortable but she'll get better the longer she does this.

 

Dinner goes off without a hitch. Eun bin stays mostly to herself as Jinwoon tries to provoke her into conversation.

 

"So, Eun bin-shi… How do you like it here at your new home?" He asks with a smirk on his face.

 

She flicks a glance to me and back to her plate. "It's alright," she answers flatly, picking at her food.

 

"It's more than alright, I would think," he continues. Eun bin's face starts to turn red and she nervously flicks some hair out of her eyes. "Such a beautiful house like this is a lovely cage, don't you think?"

 

She glares at him. He's embarrassing her now.

 

"And do you like being married to Seung ho?" he asks, downing his wine and smiling at me. He's trying to stir things up. He knows Eun bin would rather be married to Meng sechang.

 

She pauses for a moment, thinking about what to say, and then she takes a deep breath. "It's wonderful." She says with a false smile. I almost laugh at her act.

 

Apparently Jinwoon doesn't buy it either. "Oh?" He looks at me and his smile becomes sinful. "Have you taught her how to do tricks too?"

 

I simply smile at him. "Did you ever call that one woman back? sora was her name. I think… You know that woman you ed in that pub last Saturday?" He sends a death glare at me and his very pregnant wife drops her glass. Everyone is silent now. I smirk. "She was quite disgusting." I turn to Jiyeon. "You may want to get tested. I'm pretty sure she was carrying something."

 

I start drinking my wine like nothing had happened as the rest of the people laugh. Jiyeon throws her fork down and stomps out of the room. Jinwoon follows closely behind her, after sending me a cold glare. I look over to Eun bin who's smiling into her plate. A real smile. I haven't seen her do that very often. Tonight should be interesting.

 

After dinner we all go into the living room where I assumed the usual thing was going to happen, but as soon as we entered the room Ji eun spoke up.

 

"Let's play a game tonight," she says, with a winning smirk on her face.

 

I roll my eyes. "No."

 

"Let's take a vote," she's trying to override me, and to my horror, every girl in the room votes for the game. Everyone but Eun bin.

 

"We're not children," I state while accepting a glass of brandy from a maid.

 

"We're not old people either," she counters, and I raise an eyebrow. Usually Ji eun will go along with anything I say. "Let's play truth or dare."

 

This is stupid and I refuse to be a part of it. "You can play. The other big kids and I will be over here," I say, walking over to the fire and taking a seat in one of the large comfortable chairs. Most of the other men in the room follow me, but the women stay around Ji eun. Eun bin walks over to me and stands by my chair.

 

"What should I do?" she asks quietly, uneasily.

 

I shrug my shoulders. "What would a good hostess do?"

 

She flicks a nervous glance back at the women who are now sitting in a circle, reclining on couches with glasses of alcohol in their hands. "I don't know," she says honestly. "What do you want me to do?" she asks, and I almost smile because she's actually worried.

 

"Of course you have to play," Ji eun says, taking her hand and trying to drag her away. "A good hostess would play with her guests," she says with an evil smirk. She's up to something so I tell Eun bin to be careful as she's pulled away from me.

 

*EUN BIN POV*

 

I don't want to play this freaking game. I wish I stayed in my room.

 

Ji eun smiles and tells me to take a seat. I do so uneasily. This doesn't feel right to me. truth or dare game is quite serious business. You have to answer every question truthfully and you have to do any dare that's asked of you. The games not over until every single person playing agrees it is. It's not really a very fun game.

 

"Park-shi" Ji eun addresses me by my family name. I think she meant for it to be offensive but I actually take it as a compliment. I smile. "Truth or dare?"

 

"Truth," I answer with a sigh. I know I have to play now and I sure as hell will never pick dare around these evil womens.

 

She smiles a very unpleasant smile. "How many men have you had with and what were their names?"

 

She wastes no time. I can feel my cheeks turning hot so I look down. "One," I answer honestly. "and it's Seung ho."

 

"Fine," she snaps, like she didn't think that would be my answer. "You go."

 

This is ridiculous. I take a glass of wine from one of the treys and look at Ji eun. "Truth or dare?" If she says dare I'm going to dare her to leave and never come back.

 

"Truth," she says nonchalantly, flicking hair over her shoulder.

 

"Why did you really want to play this stupid game?"

 

"To find out more about you, of course," she says slyly and her tongue eased her way around the truth.

 

The game was actually really boring and it went on monotone, like that, for a while until it finally went back to Ji eun. "Truth or Dare, Park-shi?"

 

"Truth," I say solidly.

 

She taps her fingers against her lips and then turns to me. All the other girls are watching closely like this was some dramatic play playing out in front of them. She clears and talks very loudly so the men would hear her too. She's very childish, I notice. "When you and Seung ho are ing who are you really thinking about?"

 

She knows Seung ho has a wicked temper, she knows Seung ho is an extremely jealous person, and she knows that I didn't want to be in this relationship... but what she didn't know is that when I'm intimate with him like that, he makes it impossible to think of anyone else. She wants to see him blow up at me like he did the last time when she tattled on me. I know he's listening now and I blush at her crude wording. She is most definitely not a lady.

 

"I'm not like you," I start. "When I'm with my husband I think of only him." She almost pouts and I look at Seung ho who's smirking. I catch his eyes and frown. "I don't want to play this anymore," I say to no one in particular but Seung ho takes the hint.

 

"I think you've done enough harassing for one night, Ji eun-ah," he says. "The game's over."

 

He makes everyone quit the game and I smile as they go off complaining about it. Sometimes I suppose it's nice to be married to him. Everyone seems to do what he says.

 

. . . . .

 

*SEUNG HO POV*

 

I kiss her gently on the mouth, but she doesn't wake up. She turns her head and makes a strange sound before her lips and turning on her back with her arms stretched out above her head. I like her like this, when she's comfortable enough to sleep around me. She looks so vulnerable and so content when she's in bed, and I can't resist touching her when she's like this. I run my fingers through her hair before standing up and walking to the bathroom.

 

I take my time taking a shower and getting dressed. I don't have to go into work today… I have an assignment, which is strange, because usually they're at night. I pick out a pair of black trousers and a white dress shirt with a black tie. It's colder out now; winter is coming, so I put on a matching black sweater vest to go over it. I smirk at my reflection.

 

With quiet steps, I walk back out into the bedroom. Eun bin always sleeps in so late. I don't understand how she does it, but I don't want to wake her. I straighten my tie and check out my reflection in the mirror to make sure I look presentable. Another soft moan catches my attention and my eyes flick towards the bed reflected in the mirror. Eun bin arches her back and stretches before settling down again. She bends one leg out from under the covers and my eyes linger on the pale skin of her thigh. It makes me smile fondly. She was so good last night, and now I know I don't have to worry about her imaging I'm someone else when we're together. She won't be able to lie to me about that now.

 

She's wearing only a t-shirt, my t-shirt. I don't know why, but out of all the expensive, suggestive, pajamas that I've bought her... it's when she wears an old jersey of mine that I find her the iest. I highly doubt she realizes how attractive she is, or the affect she has on me.

. . . . .

 

*EUN BIN POV*

 

I found that nice ahjumma sweeping the attic with an old broom. I sneeze as I walk across the old floor boards, that creek under my feet, and when I reach her she jumps in surprise.

 

"Mistress," she says, lowering her head and putting the broom behind her back.

 

"Call me Eun bin," I tell her, and then sneeze again from all of the dust. "Excuse me," I say when I sneeze again.

 

"Can I get something for you?" she asks, watching me closely with her clear eyes.

 

Once I get myself together, I stand up straight, and look her in the eyes. "I'm not like Seung ho," I tell her. "I'm not like his friends."

 

"Okay…" she says slowly. I guess my out burst was kind of weird, but I need her to understand. I need someone on my side.

 

The dinner last night wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I behaved the way I was supposed to and Seung ho was pleased, but I couldn't help but think about how weak I am. At the first sign of kindness I'm ready to throw my whole trust in with someone. Being here with Seung ho has made me that way and I hate it.

 

"I want out of here," I blurt out with out really thinking. I have no idea if she'd help me or if she'd report back to Seung ho. When her eyes widen again, I try to elaborate. "I want to see my parents again."

 

She looks around her uneasily, like she thinks I may be testing her loyalty or something. "Why did you marry Mister Seung ho then? If you didn't want to be here?" she asks me carefully.

 

I plop down on an old box and dust flies up around me. I sneeze again, it's very annoying. "He threatened to kill my parents if I didn't," I tell her and then I rub my arms because I'm suddenly cold. "It's like I'm a prisoner here,"

 

Slowly, she lays down her broom and takes careful steps towards me. "What do you mean? The Yoo family are one of the richest and most powerful families in Seoul right now."

 

"Exactly, I think that's how he can get away with this."

 

I must have looked pretty pitiful, because she sat down beside me and placed her arms around me. "Do you have a plan?" she asks softly.

 

I shake my head. "Not really. I know I can get Seung ho's pistol on some occasions, and I've learn how to use it to get out of here, but I don't know where my Mom and Dad are. If I do something wrong he'll kill them, or his Dad will… so I need to know they're safe before I do anything that could jeopardize them."

 

She nods her head. "You know the house isn't the only thing you'll have to worry about," she tells me seriously. "Once you get outside you won't be able to leave the wards. None of us that work here can, either."

 

"Damnit," I mutter hopelessly, dropping my head. There is always something else I have to worry about. "I'm going to be stuck here forever, aren't I?"

 

She smoothes down my hair and I'm suddenly reminded of my Mom. I miss her so much. "There is only one servant who is allowed to leave the house grounds on certain occasions." I lift my head and stare into her eyes. "He's the grounds keeper…. Maybe if you talked to him he would get word to your parents… possibly help you to escape when the time is right."

 

"Seriously?" I ask, almost not believing what she just said.

 

"Seriously," she confirms with a smile on her face.

 

"Um, could you talk to him for me?" I ask hopefully. She looks at me questionably and I look away. I won't tell her that I'm afraid to because I'm not allowed to talk to other men… "Never mind," I sigh. I can do it myself, I decide. "Where is his room? Is he in the house ever?"

 

She shakes her head. "No, he and all of the other men have to stay in the cabins outside… plus, all of his work is out doors anyways."

 

"I'm not allowed outside," I say quietly, thinking out loud to myself. "Not without Seung ho."

 

"I'm sure you'll find a way," she tells me optimistically. "If you need any help, I'll do my best to try to see that this works out for you."

 

I nearly knock her over as I hug onto her neck. "Thank you!" I say excitedly. I pull back and my happiness melts. "You won't… I mean… you aren't going to tell Seung ho I talked to you about this, will you? He gets so mad."

 

She lifts her hand to silence me. "I won't tell him…."

 

I look over my shoulder, almost expecting to see someone there. "I should go," I tell her nervously. "I'm not supposed to talk to any of the servants unless Seung ho knows about it before hand."

 

"That doesn't sound like a healthy marriage to me," she says with a sad smile.

 

I frown. "No, it's not." I get up to leave. "Thank you again. I'll try to talk to you some other time. It will be good to have a friend again."

 

She stands up and smiles. "Just be careful. Some of the people who work here can be just as cruel as his family. There are some who just like to see others fall," she says seriously before taking up her broom to sweep again.

 

I go back downstairs to find my new kitten, Syria. It's actually nice to have a pet to play with. It's something of my own that depends on me, and I get to take care of it. I almost shudder when I realize Seung ho probably thinks that way about me…. like I'm his little pet.

 

I shake my head to rid it of those thoughts. It will do no good to be mad about it. If I don't like the situation I'm in, then I should change it.

 

I look at the hallway clock as I pass it. Seung ho won't be home for another two hours or so. I find the kitten in the main sitting room, playing with a piece of string, and I sit her on my lap so we can wait for Seung ho to get home. The whole time I try to decide how I will convince him to let me outside. I should kiss him when he gets here, I muse to myself, as I stare at the fire.

 

. . . . .

 

He looks terrible. There is blood dribbling down his nose, and a bruise forming on the pale skin of his cheek. "Goodness, what happened to you?" I ask, dropping the kitten to the floor as I stand up and walk over to him.

 

"Oh," he touches his face like he forgot that the wounds were there. "Tough day at the office," he says with a smirk.

 

I walk up to him and give him a light kiss on the mouth, to keep him in good spirits. When I pull back, he grabs me around the waist. "You should take a shower," I tell him.

 

He smiles. "Take one with me."

 

"I've already taken one," I answer, maneuvering my way out of his hands. I touch his cheek and wince at the knot forming there. "This looks painful."

 

"It's not so bad. A shower does sound nice though," he answers, and then his eyes skim my body. I want to hide sometimes when he looks at me like that. "Wait for me on the bed," he tells me, giving me a lustful wink that makes my cheeks turn red. I don't know why I haven't gotten use to the way he talks.

 

He stalks off to the bathroom, and I lay down on the bed, biting my nails, trying to think of a way to get him to agree to me going outside without supervision. It's strange that I have to ask permission for simple things like going outside. I did not envision my married life to be like this at all. It makes me wonder what Seung ho's parents are like, because I know my Dad was definitely not the dominate one in the relationship… they were more like equals. I wonder if Seung ho would ever see me as an equal, or will I always just be considered his "little wife" for the rest of my life.

 

I smile when I think that, because I really don't plan on being around here for the rest of my life. All I have in this stupid house is time, so careful planning really is possible. After a while I hear the shower turn off and Seung ho walks out of the bathroom, soaking wet and totally . I immediately look away from him, and resist the urge to cover my eyes. I don't think I'll ever be comfortable enough with my uality… or him…

 

"You've seen me a million times," he says with a laugh in his voice. "You are allowed to look." I turn back to him but I keep my eyes on the floor. This is so uncomfortable. With light steps he walks over to the bed and I can smell his freshly cleaned body. He touches my face with his hand and makes me look up at him. When I reluctantly look at his face, he smirks.

 

"Can I go outside?" I ask, getting straight to the point.

 

"What?" he asks. "Like right now?"

 

"No, not right now," I answer, getting up so I can look him in his face. "You know I get so bored around here… and the gardens and everything is so nice…"

 

"It's going to start snowing soon," he cuts me off, with his eyes slightly narrowed.

 

"I know. I like snow," I say with a fake smile, as I skim my fingers over his smooth skin. "It will give me something to do when you're at work."

 

"I'll think about it," he says seriously, while pulling me closer to him.

 

"please?" I ask sweetly, placing a soft kiss on his chest. "I never get to go outside. It can't be healthy."

 

"Do you want me to say no?" he asks coldly. I frown at his tone and shake my head to show that I don't. "Then stop pressing the matter. I told you I would think about it."

 

I keep silent after that. I tell him I have to go to the restroom so I leave him there on the bed. His clothes are still on the ground when I enter, so I kick them to the side on my way to the sink. Something falls out of them that catches my attention.

 

I bend down to pick it up. It's a picture of me from school. I furrow my brows as I stare at it. I look happy, and someone's arm is around my shoulder. I turn it over to see if there's anything on the back. It's torn, but there is handwriting on it with the starting of words.

 

Myungsoo

 

We m

 

Long

 

Happ

 

With

 

Eun bin

 

It's my hand writing. I had given Myungsoo this picture of us with Luna for his seventeenth birthday. How did Seung ho get a hold of it? I frown deeper as I stare at it. I really don't want to know, but I now have a pretty good idea how Seung ho got all of those bruises and cuts. Myungsoo wouldn't go down with out a fight.

 

I want to cry again. He's a monster.

 

I have to get out of here.

 

 . . . . .

 

Why don't these pants fit?

 

I lie down on the bed and attempt to zip them up by in deeply. They still don't fit, and I can't even button the top button. I pout as I stare down at them… they're way too tight, but they use to fit me well… I frown and stand up and think about it. I guess, it makes sense that I would have gained weight while being here. I've just been stuck in this stupid house for months without anything to do but eat… but, I have been sleeping with Seung ho almost every night, so I guess that counts as exercise.

 

I take off the too tight pants and walk over to the full length mirror in my underwear to check myself out. I run my fingers over my stomach and furrow my brows, turning my body in different angles to see myself. I don't look that much bigger… do I? Oh well, maybe if I get really fat Seung ho won't want to touch me anymore. I wouldn't want that, though. If I have to be stuck with him, I might as well enjoy some aspects of it.

 

My personal maid walks into the room and I spin around in surprise. I hate it when she sneaks up on me like that. "MIster Seung ho said you could go outside today, if you'd like."

 

"Really?" I ask carefully, and I'm kind of upset to hear the hope in my voice. She nods her head tightly and turns to walk away. "What's today's date?" I ask as I look outside at the overcast sky.

 

"December 2nd, ma'am."

 

As she walks away, I start counting days on my fingers. I really don't know how long I've been here. I usually don't pay attention to the date anymore, but as I'm adding and subtracting things in my head, I realize something that makes my heart drop and my face pale. How could I be so stupid? How could I just forget about my period, and that it's supposed to happen every month? I start to panic. Judging by my calculations I've missed the last two… or is it three? I've been getting sick some in the mornings… but I just thought it was because I was nervous about my escape plan. I hit my head against the wall and clench my fists.

 

"Idiot!" I say out loud to myself and then I look down at my barely swollen stomach again, placing my hand on top of my abdomen. "Oh, God….No." Unwanted tears sting my eyes and I fall down to the ground. I want to kill myself. If Seung ho ever found out I was pregnant, then he would never ever let me go. He'd always try to find me. "No," I sob again, bringing my knees up to my chest and laying my forehead against my knees.

 

Maybe I'm not pregnant… maybe I'm just really stressed out. That would make sense, wouldn't it? I groan and shake my head. I have to leave as soon as possible, before Seung ho finds out. Maybe I'll throw myself down the stairs… I know I could never do that. It's not the baby's fault that I hate his father. I'm not pregnant, I tell myself over and over again until I almost believe it.