Letter One

A Star's Last Wish

 

 

During the spring of my 17th year, I received a letter. It was sent to my house.

 

Who sent it?

 

But the more important question is.....why was it sent...?

 

 

 


 

"Huh?" I muttured when I got outside of my house, moving my eyebrows in confusion

 

It was a letter on my doorstep with the name: "Kim Taeyeon " written on it. Common sense would only tell me that it belonged to me so of course, like anyone would do, I picked it up and stared at it for a while. I found it rather strange though because hardly anyone would send letters to me.

 

"TAEYEON, YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE IF YOU KEEP ON STANDING THERE!" I heard my mother shout from the inside of my house

 

She was right. I can't believe I almost forgot about the time. "Y-YES!! BYE MOM!!" I shouted back as I quickly ran out of my house, putting the letter inside my bag

 

 


 

April 6: The first time I've ever slept in and on the worse day possible: The first day of school. Good thing I wasn't late.

 

I was now sitting on my desk as I wrote on my diary those words. About that letter though, maybe I should read it later. The teacher who's teaching the boring lesson right now might catch me for it. I don't want to get scolded on my first day of school.

 

"Congratulations for moving up a grade." my teacher said "Let's get along this year as well. Today's lesson is...."

 

And that's when I stopped listening and instead, I proceeded to opening my bag and bringing out the letter.

 

"And today, I want to introduce you all to someone." I heard my teacher say "I'll let him in so all of you wait a minute and be quiet. Don't even dare cause a commotion on the first day of school for god's sake."

 

This was the perfect chance. I really did want to read the letter as soon as possible and for some reason, I just couldn't wait to do so, so I opened it and I started to read it.

 

 

Miss Kim Taeyeon,

To the me who is now a senior in high school, how have you been doing? I am writing this to you from ten years in the future. I know that it's rather hard to believe but just please, spare your time to read this because the letters that I will be sending to you may change your life.

If you are wondering why I am writing to you at this time, it is because I have something very important, no matter what, to ask of you.

 

 

Ten years in the future....? And it's "me"? Is this some sort of prank?

 

 

I hope that you won't repeat the same mistakes that I did when I was your age. In the letters that I will send to you, I will be writing what happens next and when it will happen so that you will be able to select the right path.

[April 6th]

  • In the morning, because you forgot to set-up your alarm clock for the first time, you overslept.

 

 

My eyes widened in shock. No way, it couldn't be--......how.....how did she know...?!

 

 

  • There will be a student from Busan who will be transferring to your class. His name is "Park Leeteuk".

 

 

Transfer student....? Park Leeteuk....?

 

"Hey, quiet down!" I heard my teacher say as he opened the door with a guy following closely behind him. He was tall and he had brown hair. My eyes traveled to his face and I was surprised on how handsome he was.

 

"Starting today, he'll be a part of our class. His name is Park Leeteuk. Leeteuk-ssi comes from Busan and it's his first time living in Seoul. Leeteuk-ssi, please introduce yourself." my teacher said

 

My jaw immediately dropped as my eyes widened enough to even reach the ceiling.  I looked at the letter in my hands one more time.

 

This....it can't be....it can't be true....how....

 

"Annyeong-haseyo, Park Leeteuk-imnida. Please take care of me." he said, bowing

 

"Mr. Park, you can sit next to Ms. Kim over there." my teacher said pointing at me

 

I gasped.

 

No way.

 

This can't be right.

 

This must be a coincidence.

 

It has to be a coincidence.

 

 


 

"Taeyeon! Let's go home together!" Wooyoung said, suddenly appearing in front of me which made me gasp in surprise

 

After what seemed like forever, class is finally over. Oh my God, sitting there with Leeteuk seriously just felt so weird. Ugh, it's all because of that letter! That letter can't be true! It just can't!

 

"Hey guys, let's all go to Jieun's house! I'd want to eat some of her delicious bakery!" Seungyeon said, suddenly appearing in front of me

 

"Oh?! That would be awesome!" Nicole giggled

 

"Ah!" Wooyoung said as his eyes traveled to Leeteuk who was already going to get out of the classroom "Leeteuk-ssi, wanna join us?" he asked as he walked over to Leeteuk and put his arm around his shoulder

 

"No, today I--..." Leeteuk said but was cut off

 

"It's alright, it's alright, let's get along!" Wooyoung said, smiling, as he brought Leeteuk to us

 

"Yeah Leeteuk-ssi!" Jieun, who was right beside me, said "Come over and have some bread with us!" she smiled

 

"Yeah, Jieun's parents own a bakery." Amber said "And they taste delicious!"

 

"We'll take you exploring all around Seoul!" Onew suddenly came up

 

Now this is my circle of friends. Seungyeon, Jieun, Wooyoung, Nicole, Amber and Onew. Seungyeon and I are childhood friends. We met each other in pre-school and we've been together in ups and downs. Seungyeon is a bit spoiled though and that's probably due to the fact that she's brought up in a rich family. She's a bit of a party-girl too but in the end, she stays kind.

 

Jieun is kind and sweet. She's also a very smart and bright student, probably the smartest out of us. She's book-smart and she is very gentle with things. She's friendly and outgoing too. I know that she's always had this thing for Wooyoung but apparently, she's just too shy to admit it.

 

Amber and Nicole came in when they transferred here from America. The two of them are cousins actually but they're quite the opposite of each other. Nicole is very girly but at the same time, she isn't afraid to get down and dirty in the mud. She loves gardening and she loves flowers.

 

As for Amber, she's a real tomboy. Although I know that she's straight, I can tell that she just isn't interested in dating guys at the moment. She loves to play sports and to be honest, out of all the people in our circle, she's the one to seek for advice and she hardly ever gets mad at anyone.

 

Wooyoung came in around middle-school, the same time when Amber and Nicole came in our circle. He's very very friendly and he's very outgoing. His personality is a bit similar to Jieun's, only Jieun can get a little shy at times.

 

Onew came in just last year. Apparently, Seungyeon has a thing for him but Onew is just too dense to realize it. Onew has a real talent for singing and he's really really clumsy but to Seungyeon, it's all so cute. He got close to us and now, it's the seven of us hanging out with each other everyday.

 

I guess Leeteuk is going to be part of our circle.

 

"How about you come with us Leeteuk-ssi?" Wooyoung asked

 

"But I--" Leeteuk said but was cut off

 

"Oh come on Leeteuk-ssi, please!!" Nicole said

 

"Hey Taeyeon, something fell out of your bag." Onew said, pointing at the letter

 

"O-oh thanks!!" I said as I quickly bent down and picked up the letter

 

Wait a minute.

 

How stupid of me. The letter has more stuff written at the back. I can't believe that I only read what was in front.

 

 

  • Wooyoung will invite Leeteuk to hang out with all of us but Leeteuk will refuse.
  • But I hope that you guys would stop asking Leeteuk to come with you guys on that day once he says no. He can't come. Absolutely not.

 

 

Maybe I should....talk about the situation with them but.....would they even believe me?

 

"Okay, fine but....only for a little while." Leeteuk said hesitantly

 

"That's great! Let's all go to my house!" Jieun squealed

 

But if we invite him.....will there be some sort of problem....?

 

 


 

"Okay, let's all introduce ourselves!" Wooyoung said "I'm Jang Wooyoung and no need for honorifics Leeteuk-ssi. You can call all of us by our first names." he smiled

 

We were now at Jieun's house in her room. All of us were seated in a circle.

 

"And this is Lee Jieun." Wooyoung said, looking at Jieun

 

"Annyeong!" Jieun smiled, waving her hand

 

"I'm Lee Jinki but you can call me Onew." Onew said, smiling

 

"I'm Seungyeon!" Seungyeon smiled

 

"Nicole here!" Nicole smiled "It's very nice to meet you."

 

"Yo, Amber." Amber said

 

"And this is Kim Taeyeon but we all call her Taeyeon. She's a bit shy but don't worry, she's really nice." Wooyoung said, looking at me

 

"Jieun.....where's the bread?! I'm hungry!" Seungyeon said as she started to complain

 

"Here comes Ms.-I-eat-a-lot-until-I-get-fat." Onew teased as Seungyeon gave him a playful glare

 

"YAH! You nerd! And you're Mr.-tease-because-I-my-life-is-that-boring!" Seungyeon retorted

 

Ahhh we were all used to this. Nicole and Jieun started to giggle while all I did was smile at their cuteness.

 

"Ahahahahahahhahaha!!"

 

We all looked where that sound was coming from and it turns out that it was Leeteuk, laughing.

 

"H-he laughed!" Wooyoung said in surprise

 

"What made you laugh?! What was it?!" Nicole asked

 

"Oh God, Seungyeon and Onew are just funny! Ahahaha! Their attacks towards each other are funny!!" Leeteuk said in between his laughter

 

What's this...? This is good. Inviting him was a good thing to do. He's having fun.

 

There was a knock on the door that interrupted everything. The door opened and in came Jieun's mother with a plastic bag which I assumed was full of food.

 

"Jieun-ah, here's the bread you've been waiting for."

 

"Kamsahamnida eomma!" Jieun smiled as she took the bag

 

As her mother went out of the room, Jieun opened the bag revealing the sweet smell. Oh, the smell was just so good. I was starting to get really hungry because of it.

 

"Okay everyone! Eomma brought meat buns, cinammon rolls, small tarts and melon bread! Which would you guys want?!" Jieun asked

 

"Leeteuk, you can pick first." Amber said

 

"Ahhh, I'll just go for the meat buns." Leeteuk said

 

"What about you Taeyeon, what would you want?" Wooyoung asked me

 

"Uhhhh....it's okay, I won't really mind if I won't have any."

 

I wanted the meat buns though but I thought then that it would be nice of me to give them to Leeteuk. After all, it's his first time being with us.

 

"Or are you just being courteous Taeyeon?!" Wooyoung eyed me suspiciously

 

"Ahh...ahh...no no!! It's true! I don't really mind....!!!" I said, waving my hands

 

"Hmmmm....okay then. Everyone, pick something!" Wooyoung said

 

"Then I want the cinammon rolls!" Seungyeon declared

 

"No way! I want the cinammon rolls!" Onew argued

 

"Taeyeon can have the melon bread since she loves sweets don't you Taeyeon? I know you're hungry, don't deny it!" Nicole smiled

 

"Okay then, if you're going to have the cinammon rolls then I'm going to have the meat buns! There's still one left!" Seungyeon declared

 

"No! I've changed my mind! I want the meat buns!" Onew said

 

"WHAT?!" Seungyeon yelled

 

As the couple continued to argue, I just stood there thanking myself that I didn't go for the meat buns. I just knew that some sort of argument would arise if I chose to have some.

 

"You can have my meat buns if you want. I'll trade them for your melon bread." Leeteuk, who was beside me, suddenly said

 

I looked at him for a while and nodded my head. "Ummm....thank you...." I said, bowing my head as he gave me his meat buns while I gave him my melon bread

 

Perhaps....he....noticed? Did I make a face that showed him that I wanted the meat buns? Did he notice it...? The reason why he traded with me...?

 

 


 

April 6th - Friday:

I slept in for the first time of my life. It was only a half-day in school. The new transfer student, Park Leeteuk, sat next to me. Wooyoung invited Leeteuk to come with us to Jieun's house and hang out. Leeteuk traded his meat buns with my melon bread.

I've decided that on Monday, I'll start calling him "Leeteuk".

Today's diary entry is written. What else should I write?

 

 

I was now in my room writing everything in my diary, like what I'd usually do, when suddenly, I remembered the letter.

 

It actually....predicted everything that happened today. From sleeping in....to hanging out with everyone.....if this letter really was sent by the future me 10 years from now.....it was probably written by looking at my diary.......

 

It's exactly the same.

 

My eyes widened in fear as I quickly slammed the letter on my desk.

 

If this is real.....then I don't want to see it. The future or whatever....I....I don't want to know about it.

 


 

[A/N]: Just incase some of you are confused, whenever the font changes to this: "Example" - then that is the content written in the letter sent to Taeyeon but if the text is like this: "Example" - then those are Taeyeon's thoughts but if "Example" is indented, then that is the content that Taeyeon is writing in her diary.

Oh and did you guys like the first chapter? Comment and subscribe please!