Chapter 12

You're Not the TOP of My World

                Sanghee woke up and was surprised that Kevin was still in bed. He had his arms around her, holding her close. She remembered what he said to her last night when he thought she was asleep. The sun was shining in through the window on the wall behind him. She took a deep breath and prepared herself. She rolled over so she was facing him. The sun was shining through his slightly messy reddish brown hair, making him look like he was glowing. She already knew he was attractive, but this was ridiculous. She smiled and thought to herself that it wouldn’t be a bad thing to date Kevin if he meant what he said.

                Kevin slowly opened his eyes and smiled at her. She stared back, stunned. He pulled her so that their foreheads rested against each other. “Sanghee, I like you.” Sanghee blushed and looked away, avoiding eye contact. Kevin took a deep breath “Will you go on a date with me today? It’s my day off.” Sanghee smiled and nodded. Kevin hugged her excitedly. “Really?! Thank you! Let’s get ready!”

                Kevin scampered off to the bathroom and Sanghee sat up in shock, smiling. She looked at the clock and it was a little past 11 in the morning. She sighed and laid back smiling. She was really happy. Getting to wake up next to a cute boy and then getting to go on a date with him. She laughed to herself and went to the dresser, trying to decide what to wear. She decided on a pair of black jeans and a white shirt that revealed her shoulder. She put on some green bracelets and black necklace with a little red heart pendant on it.

                She opened the bedroom door and Kevin was standing there waiting. He smiled and went into the room to change his clothes as Sanghee went to brush her teeth. She did her hair and decided to put in her white hair extensions. She sat on the couch waiting for Kevin to finish changing.

                He came out of the bedroom wearing tight black jeans, an un-tucked white button up shirt and a black suit jacket that he left ed. He put on a pair of sneakers and extended his arm out to Sanghee. “Shall we?” Sanghee laughed and grabbed his arm as he led her outside. He flagged down a taxi and opened the door for her. He whispered the location to the driver and looked at Sanghee.

                Kevin put his arm around her shoulders and looked out the window, smiling. Soon they arrived and Kevin opened the door for her. She laughed when she saw that they arrived at the UKISS Steak House. Sanghee smiled up at Kevin. “How come we are at your work?” Kevin smiled. “Let’s eat here.”  Kevin opened the door for her and a man with really short blonde hair was standing at the front desk. His nametag said AJ. He grinned at the two of them. “Ah, we were expecting you. This way please.”

                Sanghee looked around and there were no other customers. Kevin pulled out her chair as AJ pulled out the chair for Kevin. “Your waiters will be with you shortly.” He smiled and walked into the kitchen. Sanghee looked at Kevin “How come there’s no one here?” Kevin smiled. “It’s not open today. It’s supposed to be everyone’s day off today but when you were getting dressed I asked them for a favor.” She blushed. She never expected him to get all of his friends to work on their day off, just for their date.

                Two more attractive guys came up to their table. One had long brown hair and the other had red hair, shaved on one side. The one with brown hair smiled “I am Alexander.” The one with red hair smiled as well “And I am Kiseop and we will be your waiters for today.” Alexander spoke up as Kiseop poured water for them. Kevin started to drink some. “Our chef Eli has decided to make grilled eel for you two today.” Kiseop got a goofy grin on his face as Kevin choked on the water he was drinking.

                Sanghee tried not to laugh but Alexander started to crack up. “I’m sorry Kevin.” Kiseop smiled at Sanghee, holding back his laughter. “What can I get you to drink?” Sanghee covered , laughing. “Cola will be fine.” Kiseop nodded and he and Alexander walked back to the kitchen laughing.

                Kevin sighed. “I told him to cook anything. I didn’t plan this.”  Sanghee laughed. “That’s ok. I like eel.” Kevin noticed that not only was AJ watching from the front desk but Kiseop, Alexander and boy with a brown bowl cut were watching them from the kitchen window. Kevin glared at them, causing Sanghee to turn and look. Kiseop and Alexander ducked out of the way but the boy with the bowl cut smiled and waved. Alexander said in a hushed voice “Dongho!!” He was suddenly pulled down by one arm, causing the other arm to go over his head.

                She laughed as a guy with dark wavy hair came up and started yelling at them. Kevin sighed and mumbled under his breath. “Thank you Soohyun.” Sanghee turned back and faced Kevin, smiling. “Your friends are like mine.” Kevin nodded smiling. “They are interesting.” She nodded. Kiseop came back with the drinks for the both for them and left smiling.

                Kevin smiled and put his elbows on the table, resting his head on his hands. “You look great today.” Sanghee blushed slightly and put some of her hair behind her ear. “Thank you. You look handsome today too.” Kevin smiled, showing his eye smile. “So I have the rest of the date planned already.” Sanghee was shocked. He only asked her this morning. “How did you plan everything since this morning?” Kevin winked at her. “I have my ways.” She giggled then laughed at the fact she giggled, causing Kevin to laugh as well.

                Soon Kiseop and Alexander came back with the trays of food. Sanghee was in awe. It looked amazing and smelled even better. They began eating and it tasted amazing. They talked naturally until they finished eating. Alexander and Kiseop came back to collect the dishes from them. Kevin pulled out Sanghee’s chair and they went to the front desk to pay. The boy with the bowl cut was talking to AJ and he grinned at Kevin. “So did you enjoy the eel?” Kevin glared at him. “Tell Eli that I will talk to him about the menu choices later.” Dongho started laughing as a voice from the kitchen called for him. Dongho sighed “Hoon! Calm down I’m coming.”

                Dongho sulked back to the kitchen. AJ smiled at Sanghee “I’m sorry, he doesn’t like when he has to do the dishes.” Sanghee nodded “I don’t like dishes either.” The three of them laughed. Kevin offered her his arm and smiled. “Let’s continue!”

                Kevin took her down the street to a mall. He bought tickets to a movie and escorted her into the theater. The movie started and Sanghee noticed that Kevin chose a scary movie. Kevin put his arm around her shoulders. She smiled, thinking that he was trying to make a space for her to cling to him if she got scared. He didn’t know that she like scary movies and didn’t scream or jump at them. She quickly found out that he was making access for him to cling to her during the scary parts. She laughed quietly as he screamed louder then some of the girls in the theater.

                She put her hand on his head as tried to hide his face behind her shoulder. After the movie finished, Kevin apologized a bunch of times. “I’m sorry, I was supposed to keep you from being scared, not get scared myself.” Sanghee grinned. “It was cute. I like scary movies anyways. So I can be brave for you instead.” Kevin laughed and grabbed her hand. “There’s a cute store I want to go to.” She smiled and nodded.

                They walked down the hallways towards the store Kevin wanted to go to. They turned a corner and almost ran directly into TOP and his manager. They all looked at each other stunned. They stood there for too long so Sanghee decided to break the awkward silence “TOP, how is your hand?” TOP was surprised at the sound of her voice, not being angry. He put his hand behind his head. “It’s fine. It doesn’t need stiches or anything.” She nodded with a blank expression. “That’s good then. You shouldn’t punch glass. It could have been worse.”

                TOP looked Kevin up and down. Kevin squeezed Sanghee’s hand and smiled awkwardly. TOP nodded towards him. “How come you are here with him?” Sanghee sighed and looked TOP directly in the eyes. “We are on a date.” TOP’s face showed a tinge of pain. He nodded and walked past them. His manager nodded at them and followed after TOP.

                Kevin sighed and relaxed. “He is so scary.” Sanghee smiled at him. “So where is this store you wanted to go to?” Kevin grinned and put his arm around her shoulders and led her away to the store. They arrived at the Bearbrick store. Kevin grinned and pulled her inside. “See all the cute bears! This is a new store here. You can usually only get these online or in japan.”

                They found a rack with cellphone charms. Kevin bought her one with a silver bear and he got a gold bear. They weren’t a couple set, but they looked good together. They took a cab back home and Kevin cooked dinner for her and they watched TV the rest of the night.

                Around midnight, Sanghee decided it was time for bed. She stood up and stretched. Kevin suddenly grabbed one of her arms and pulled her onto his lap and softly kissed her, smiling. Sanghee was shocked but gently kissed him back. He pulled away and smiled. “I had to do that out here or else I would have had to sleep on the couch.” Sanghee blushed and nodded. She was speechless. She stood up and headed to the bedroom, almost tripping on the couch.

                Kevin laughed as he watched her close the bedroom door behind her.