More than friends?

One Year Ago...

Jessica's POV

"ONEW!" I yell his name down the hallway.

Onew is the nicest guy I know, and also my best friend. We've been friends since as long as I remember. He was the person I went to first when I had a bad day, or even when I had good news to tell. Througout elementary school, we were always together... it was nearly impossible to tear us apart from each other. When middle school came, we were still best friends, but we made new friends as well. Now in our last year of middle school, its hard to be with him without others spreading rumors that we're a couple. Me and Onew, a couple? Ugh, no! He's like a big brother to me. It would be like I'm dating my brother...

"Aigoo, Its him AGAIN? Are you sure you two aren't going out? He's so...blah" Tiffany says. Tiffany is also a good friend of mine, but let's just say she doesn't like Onew.

"Hey Jessie!" Onew yells back as he walks towards us. As he approachs us, he gives a quick nod to Tiffany to acknowledge that she is there. It is obvious that Onew doesn't like her that much either. 

"You two have to stop hating each other," I say. "Anyways, did you two read those SM Audition posters?"

"Yeah, sounds fun. Are you trying out?" Tiffany asks.

"Are you kidding? I wouldn't miss this chance!" It had always been my dream to become a singer."What about you Onew?"

"Nah. Exams are coming up. I think I'll focus on those for now." Onew replies.

"Suit yourself. Hey have you had lunch yet?" I ask him

"Not yet, wanna grab something?" Onew says

"Yeah. Coming Tiff?" I watch as Tiffany's face turn sour.

"No it's okay. I'll see you later." Tiffany says as she runs towards her locker.

"Umm okay then... Let's go Onew." I turn and walk towards the stairs as Onew trarils behind me.

As we walk down the stairs, one thought keeps popping up in my head...me and Onew... a couple?

Onew's POV

"ONEW!" I turn and see Jessica and Tiffany standing at the end of the hallway. Ugh, not Tiffany again! Why is she so mean to me? Oh well, I'll have to get along with her for Jessica. 

I stare at Jessica for one second. Jessica is so beautiful...and nice, gentle...Aigoo! Again? What's wrong with you Onew? Jessica's like a sister to you. Nothing more than that... And yet, all I think about is her... No this is going to ruin our relationship. She's just a friend, just a friend...

"Hey Jessie," I reply back and give a quick nod to Tiffany.

"You two have to stop hating each other," Jessica mumurs under her breathe. "Anyways, did you two read those SM Audition posters?"

"Yeah, sounds fun. Are you trying out?" Tiffany asked.

"Are you kidding? I wouldn't miss this chance!" Jessica says. I remember how much she loved singing and dancing."What about you Onew?"

"Nah. Exams are coming up. I think I'll focus on those for now." I reply. I really wish I could audition, but my average at the moment is not that good. And plus, I'll probably end up practicing with Jessica every day and then get emotionally attached and thats not too good. Better to keep my distance for now.

"Suit yourself. Hey have you had lunch yet?" Jessica says as I snap out of my thoughts

"Not yet, wanna grab something?" I say.

"Yeah. Coming Tiff?" Jessica asks Tiffany. Oh gawd, please don't come with us.

"No it's okay. I'll see you later." Tiffany says. YES!

"Umm okay then... Let's go Onew." Jessica and I walk towards the stairs. My heart is racing...WHY ARE YOU RACING,HEART? JESSICA IS A FRIEND! 

I need to make myself believe that she's only a friend.

*End of Chapter 1


*Sorry guys for a boring chapter.. it'll get more interesting soon