Does she know?

One Year Ago...

 

Jessica's POV

"So you want a Chicken burger and extra wings?" I ask. Oh my, oh my...so much food...I wonder how he stays so fit.... and so much chicken...

We just arrived at the little restaurant down the road from our school. Funny how it's the only restaurant near our school and yet, there are never many students. Because of this, this little restaurant has always been our meeting place. We, well I, even made a name for it; Onsica! I know, it's sorta cheesy, but it was the first name that popped into my head.

"Yep! Are you sure you'll last the entire day with one kimbap roll?" Onew asks me. 

"Yea, I'll be fine." I answer. Well, actually, not really. But I have to stay thin for my audition! I walk to the cashier and order our food. About five minutes later, I return to our table and set the food down. "So I haven't seen you for a week! How are you?"

"Okay...There's been a lot on my mind. But besides that, I'm pretty much okay." Onew answers.

"Oh, I see. Anything I can help with?" I ask. Seeing the dark circles under his eyes make me worry. 

"No, nothing that I should be bothering you with. I've just been trying to raise my marks and have been studying late at night." I swear he just read my mind. "Plus, Junho's parents are having major fights lately, so he's been staying at my house."

"Oh. Well if I can help with any-" Onew cuts me off.

"No, no I'm good. Really don't worry about me."

"Um, okay." That was really weird. Onew has never cut me off in the middle of a sentence before. Maybe there really is alot of stuff going on in his life. I wish I could help.

“Anyways, are there any guys you like?” He asks.

“Ha, now you’re interested? And I bet It’s only to make fun of me,” I say.

“Obviously. What guy would be interested in hearing a girl fantasise over a different guy?” He laughs. Finally, a laugh out of him. It’s starting to feel like how it used to be with me and him, but something’s still weird.

“Well I’m gonna start going. My math tutor will be angry with me if I’m not there by two o’clock.” I stand up as I finish my last kimbap and look at my watch. Oh my. It’s ten before two. I better get out of here.

“Wait!” Onew yells as he tries to stuff the remainder of his burger in his mouth. “I’ll walk you there!”

I quickly run out the door as Onew stumbles behind me. There’s no way I’ll make it in ten minutes. Oh my, I’m dead.

Onew’s POV

"So you want a Chicken burger and extra wings?" Jessica asks. The look of disbelief is obvious in her eyes. I’m just really hungry.

So, basically, we got here like ten seconds ago. We’re at Onsica, or that’s at least what Jessie calls it. It’s really called Bo Li Jib (보리 집)

"Yep! Are you sure you'll last the entire day with one kimbap roll?" I say. That’s really strange. The Jessie I know can eat like a cow at lunch. 

"Yea, I'll be fine." Jessie says. RIght. As if.

Jessie stands up and goes to the counter. I should be at home studying or even doing my homework right now. Wait a second, its after school, on a Wednesday, right? Oh great, I have English tutoring right after this. Shiz, I didn’t do my homework. That’s just great.

I’m suddenly pulled out of my train of thought when I hear a clunk and see Jessie with our food.

 "So I haven't seen you for a week! How are you?" Jessie says.

"Okay...There's been a lot on my mind. But besides that, I'm pretty much okay." I answer. There really has been. I’ve been having a real hard time trying to balance out marks and friends. Plus, It feels as if me and Jessie have been falling apart lately, especially since she spends most of her time with Tiffany., I mean why does Jessie even like her?

"Oh, I see. Anything I can help with?" She asks. Her squinted eyes are focused on mine. Probably worrying because of my dark circles. 

"No, nothing that I should be bothering you with. I've just been trying to raise my marks and have been studying late at night." I say. She’s still suspicious… Hurry, make something up Onew! "Plus, Junho's parents are having major fights lately, so he's been staying at my house." That sounded decent…

Jessie starts, "Oh. Well if I can help with any-” I gotta stop making her worried. It’s like I’m always the one making her worried. Maybe that’s why she doesn’t like me more than a friend.

"No, no I'm good. Really don't worry about me.” I say.

"Um, okay." That was awkward. Oh no, what if she notices? Quickly change the subject…

“Anyways, are there any guys you like?” I ask. Great subject to change to Onew. Now she knows for sure… Wait, then again, does she like someone? What do I do if she does?

“Ha, now you’re interested? And I bet It’s only to make fun of me,” She says. Oh wait… she didn’t notice. Thank gawd.

“Obviously. What guy would be interested in hearing a girl fantasise over a different guy?” I reply. Laugh, Onew. An awkward laugh escapes. What’s wrong with you, Onew? It’s Jessica. Remember? She’s only a friend!

“Well I’m gonna start going. My math tutor will be angry with me if I’m not there by two o’clock.” Jessie says. She pops the last kimbap in . I should chase after her…but, I’m still hungry!

“Wait!” I yell. Shoving the last bite of my chicken burger, I grab my jacket and fly towards Jessie. “I’ll walk you there!” She’s already at the door.

Running after her, I think, does she know? Does she know I’m madly in love with her?


*BTW- in korea school ends at 12 and then most kids go to tutors...*


*Hey guys, sorry for taking so long. another boring one i know... frown sorry!!!