Aftershock

Dreamer

After the break up Minho was beaten up and devastated although he didn't show it. He sent Hyun Woo off and started drinking excessively at his part time job as a host. His costumers could sense something has gone wrong and feel very unstable around him and dropped is number 1 host postition to number 7. He often skipped classes. Taecyeon was still abroad and extended his studies there and couldn't keep in touch with Minho often. When he did it would be a short 15 minute how are you doing, how is school, how's life converstation. Minho started to become desperate and decided to leave school and join a gang or something. Nobody was close to him so he couldn't do consult anyone with his problems.

Nickhun was now omnipotent and saw everything Minho was doing. He saw Minho looking lifeless day after day. Nickhun wanted to approach him and hug him to say everything is alright the world is not crumbling under your feet. However, he could not approach him. He noticed that Minho tried to avoid him for a couple months after their accidental meeting and decided not to burden him with any more worries. Day after day he kept watching the human who is slowly turning into a dead flower and felt his heart breaking slowly. 

One day, Minho was so lifeless to the point that he couldn't hold out longer and barely got to his feet to get to his next class. He accidentally dropped his diary on his way to his next class. At this time Nickhun was still watching him like a good guardian and picked up his diary.

Nickhun went back to his extravagant apartment to see what was in the diary.

Page 94

Hyun Woo broke up with me for another guy. How am I going to move on?

Page 95

Drinking relieves me.

Page 96

Should I leave school and join that gang?

Page 97

I'm tired. I really can't move. Who is by my side?

Page 98

Help me.

Page 99

I want to die.

Nickhun stared at the pages with the short sentences and rushed to the dorms. He found out Minho's dorm room number and knocked on the door. The room next door opened and a guy came out and said that Minho went to his part time job. Nickhun immediately knew where to go. He drove all the way to the club and saw Minho drinking his guts out and crying in a woman's chest. Nickhun immediately went and grabbed Minho's wrist and pulled him out of the club. He pushed Minho into the car and drove back to where he was staying.

Nickhun forced water down Minho's throat and told him to rest. Minho went immediately into a temporary coma and slept for the next 18 hours. In the meantime watched over Minho without getting any sleep for the night. When Minho woke up again it was already dark again. His eyes had a hard time adjusting to the lighting and also had a massive headache.

Ugh!

Nickhun saw that Minho woke up.

Do you want some aspirin. I'll make some hangover soup. Wait a while.

Minho recognized that voice but didn't say anything.

Why does Nickhun always find me in my worst state?

Nickhun comes back with soup, water and aspirin. He watches Minho finish taking his medicine and hands over the diary.

Here I found it on the ground.

Did you read it?

Part of it.

...

Minho. Can I help you? Can I look after you?

Are asking for my permission or are you asking about your ability to take care of people? I don't want your pity.

No. I saw you for the past few weeks and you don't seem so well so I want to be the one to help you in  this situation.

Minho thought about it. Secretly happy about the idea.

Fine. Whatever. My real guardian is in his journey to find new knowledge so I'm sort of on my own either way.

Great! First I want you to move in with me.

Huh?!

Well you can leave the dorms now so I was thinking you can stay with me. My place is actually much more better don't you think. I'll attend to all you needs. I've already ordered a bed and you can take the empty room there.

Well ok.

The next morning Minho started packing and took one quick glance around the room.

Goodbye my pain.

He rushed down to meet Nickhun and headed to his new life.