Introduction to Angel

You're My Melody

 

As Luhan and Sehun eating their dinner, Sehun can’t help but to stare at his friend. Why? Because he has been weird all day long.

From the sandwich that Luhan ate which Sehun didn’t know that he gave another one to Tiffany, until they coincidently meet at the intersection where their dormitory direction is. Even hugging his piano became weird to him.

“Luhan, tell me, is there something wrong with you?” Sehun asked.

Luhan stopped munching the food and looked at Sehun.

“Mmm? There’s nothing though. Hey, you think I’ve gone crazy just because I ate two sandwiches?” Luhan pouts and looks down and grabs a spoonful of rice, “It’s only normal for a guy who wants to gain weight…” Luhan said and chomps.

Sehun just stared at him and just bluff it out.

“I’m finished. I’ll be in the leaving room, okay? I’ll play my piano.” Luhan said and puts his dishes into the sink. “It’s your turn to wash the dishes right?” He smiled and taps his shoulder before going out.

Sehun followed Luhan with his sight which made him speechless.


 

At Tiffany’s dormitory.

“Seohyun, I’m done eating. I’ll go to my room first, well… it’s your turn to wash the dishes right?” Tiffany said and smiles towards Seohyun.

Tiffany brings her dishes and puts it into the sink. After she places it in the sink, he immediately goes towards her room and gets her flute.

She thought of a good song to play… but there were too many songs that pop up on her mind.

She lay down with open arms and sighs.

“Ahh… what do should I play…?"

She goes down with her flute and goes towards Seohyun.

“Seohyun, among the songs that you heard me playing this flute, what do you think is the most beautiful or that leaves impression to you?” Tiffany asked.

Seohyun thinks while putting her rubber gloves, getting ready to wash the dishes.

“It’s Swan Lake. I really like it when you played it in front of me. Why?” Seohyun looks at her blankly.

“Ah. It’s nothing, don’t worry. Thank you! Do you best in washing the dishes!” Tiffany squeaks and goes back to her room, while leaving Seohyun wondering why.


 

Sehun sits on the sofa watching Luhan plays the piano.

“No. It’s not this song.” Luhan said and flips another music sheet.

“Shall I try this one?”

“Hey, Luhan! It was like your 5th song already. Just what with the sudden practice like this? Are you going to join a contest?”

Luhan looks at him, “I’m not going to join a contest or what… It’s just; I want to practice my piano skills, why? Is there a problem with that?” Luhan said confidently.

He brings back his attention to finding a song for him to play in front of Tiffany. Just by thinking of it makes Luhan excited.

“If you can’t bear listening to all my mess, why don’t you get your guitar up stairs and play it there?” Luhan said while browsing to his music sheet.

“It’s too tiring to go up. I’ll just bear with all your mess then.” Sehun said and lay down on the sofa.

“Seriously? Isn’t your band going to perform at the opening ceremony for transfer student tomorrow? Are you not going to practice?”

Sehun immediately got up.

“You’re right! Luhan, help me by playing the piano. I almost forgot it!!” Sehun said while slapping himself.

Luhan looks at him and stopped browsing the sheets.

“Instead of slapping yourself, why don’t you get your instrument now? It’s already 8:16, I’ll sleep at 9 today.”

Sehun rushes up in their room and gets his guitar. He goes down with his electric guitar and amplifier.

He plugs it and tested it. He also gave Luhan a copy of the scores in piano that Baekhyun (their pianist) gave to him.

Luhan eventually gave up on looking for a song and decided to help his friend for their performance tomorrow.


 

A night passed by just like that.

Sehun and Luhan are walking to school. They saw some students and student councils organizing the welcome ceremony on the gymnasium.

Hyoyeon, student council president, goes towards the two of them.

“Sehun-shi, are you ready to play?” Hyoyeon gave him a smile.

“Yeah… I’m still kind of nervous…” Sehun replied while sweating.

Luhan handed him a handkerchief.

“Really? But you’ve been playing for 2 years already. You’re famous in school now for being a guitarist. Hey… you’ll be hitting a jackpot today.”

“Why is that?”

“There are many girls that transfer this year and less for boys. You’re really daebak.”

They laugh at it.

“So, noona, I’ll go get going first. I have to attend the class first. Sehun, do you best okay?” Luhan said, giving Sehun thumbs up.

Luhan rushes out of the gym without even letting them reply.

Sehun was left in the gym together with his band mates to practice.

Baekhyun, their pianist; Chanyeol, their drummer; Lay, their bassist; And Chen, their lead singer.

“Sehun hurry up and get here! We don’t have much time.” Lay calls.

“Y-yes!!” Sehun shouted. “I’ll go first Hyoyeon noona.”

“Okay. Do you best okay?”

“Yes.” Sehun nods and rushes to his band mates.


 

While Luhan is walking towards their classroom, he happens to see Tiffany with Jessica.

He thought of going towards them and joining their conversation but that would make things awkward for both of them.

He just walks past to them and goes towards his seat.

“Luhan, where’s Sehun?” Sooyoung asked.

“He’s at the gym right now.”

“Why?”

“He’s practicing together with his band. They are going to perform later at the opening ceremony right?”

Sooyoung left his mouth open and nods away.

He’s bored and just buries his head on the chair. Trying to take a nap. But it was cut off by a familiar voice.

“Hello.”

Luhan slowly opens his eyes and looks at the direction of the voice. He looks at his left and saw it was Tiffany.

Luhan bows a bit, “Hi.”

Tiffany smiles at him and takes a look outside the window.

Luhan looks at her with beaming eyes. Just then, somebody plugs an earphone to his right ear. He looks at him and saw it was Xiumin who likes to listen to pop music.

“What song is this?” Luhan asked.

“Its title is What Is Love.” Xiumin said and nods.

“What is Love?”

“Yep. A new song from the new boy band called EXO.”

Upon hearing the song, he thought of someone, he looks left and right but Tiffany caught his attention again.

Xiumin notice this and asked Luhan.

“Do you like her?”

“Me? No.” Luhan lied.

Xiumin nods. Believing what Luhan said.

Just then, the teacher arrives and the class quickly got back in their proper places. Xiumin gets his earphone back to go back on his own chair.

“So… Tiffany, you’re a transfer student right?” Their teacher asked.

Tiffany just nods.

“You should go down in the gymnasium now; they are having their opening ceremonies for transferee students.” Then the teacher smiles at her.

Tiffany replied by saying yes and stands up. Jessica volunteered on accompanying Tiffany to the gymnasium.

Luhan just followed Tiffany with his eye.


 

“The band in our school is really cool.” Jessica said while walking.

“Really?” Tiffany replied.

“Yes. The voice of Chen makes you fall in love within a minute… but their guitarist is really cool~~ Uwaa~” Jessica day dreams.

“Who’s their guitarist?”

“It’s Sehun. He’s our classmates. You… just keep it a secret that I like him, okay?” Jessica said while blushing.

“Is he really that attractive?”

“When he’s not playing the guitar, he seems cold, but when he started strumming those strings he’s much cooler than the guitarist of Paramore!”

Tiffany smiles upon hearing it, which plucks interest on her.

They arrived at the door of gymnasium while talking about the band.

“We’re here. I need to go back in the room; our homeroom teacher might find it weird if I stay too long here.” Jessica said.

“Okay. Thank you, Jessica!”

“No problem.” Jessica did a V-sign as she said.

Jessica turns her back and Tiffany faces in the front door and slowly opens the door.

Tiffany saw every student, some had already friends. Some still hasn’t. She looked at the far right and saw the band that Jessica was talking about, there, she saw Sehun with his band mates being teased at.

The host of the ceremony made them sit down on the vacant seats as the program was about to start.

Tiffany sits down in the second row.

They started the program with a warm greeting from the host. They introduced the student council members first. Then the president of student council, Hyoyeon, discusses the rules and regulation of the school.

Soon after, Hyoyeon introduced a group of performer, a dance group for a little performance, since it’s getting a little boring.

9 boys came out, dressed in fancy and girly dresses which earned some critics for some of the new students, some finds it hilarious. Just then, Girls’ Generation’s The Boys played in the big gymnasium.

Everybody laughed at the group of boys as they imitate the Girls’ Generation. The girls’ fan-chants to the song while some of the boys are laughing at their performance. The group of boys performing The Boys is not even budging and embarrassed towards their fellow students.

After the performance, they put a round of applause for a good performance, not to mention, a good round of laughter too.

The host introduced the principals, and other executive members of the school. The principal gave his speech towards the new students of his school. The speech lasted for a while and ended.

“Now… another performance which I think, some of the students here are anticipating.” The host said.

The band is now preparing their instruments.

“Some of you guys heard about them right?” The host asked the students.

They shouted, “Yes” as their answer.

“I think they are done preparing. Now, let me introduce to you, our schools’ pride, Angel!!”

Angel was the name of the band. Why? It was given by their acting-manager-teacher, it’s because some of the girls on the school that was mesmerize with their charms and music said that it was like a group of Angel performing in their school.

The band sets their position, wearing white dresses.

“Hello. We are Angel. Before we start, we’ll introduce ourselves first.” Chen said.

“My name is Chen, the lead vocalist.” Chen bowed.

“My name is Lay, the bassist.”

“My name is Chanyeol, the drummer of the band.”

“My name is Baekhyun, the pianist.”

The girl screamed upon seeing Sehun smile shyly in front of everyone as it is his turn to introduce.

“Hello…” the girls’ screams, but Tiffany just simply smiles. “My name is Sehun, the guitarist.”

Chanyeol started counting and immediately the gym was filled with instrumental sounds, and claps from the transfer students. Tiffany also claps along.

Angel is performing Inside Out by FM Static.

A song for every musical instrument to stand out in a band. Tiffany appreciates everything, the song, the voice, the music and she can’t let go of Sehun’s charisma.

Everyone is shouting and screaming Sehun or Chanyeol. Some were for Chen. And Lay and Baekhyun rarely get some screams for girls, but lucky for them, they got fanboys for them.

The song ended.

“Is everyone enjoyed the song?” Chen asked.

“Yes!!” Everyone shouted, even Tiffany and the boys.

“Then… this will be the last song. If you know the lyrics and the song, please follow us along, okay? This will be pretty weird to be sang by a guy since Kelly Clarkson-noona sang this.”

Sehun started strumming and followed by the drums and voice of Chen.

“…Cause we belong together now YEAHH!! Forever united here somehow yeah!! You got a piece of me and honestly!! My life!! Would !! Without youuuu!!” Chen let out a powerful vocal.

Everyone was hype up as Angel performs My Life Would Without You by Kelly Clarkson.

Everyone’s attention is at Chanyeol with an intense drumming and Sehun with a cool vibes of strumming. With everyone in the band exchanging glances and having fun while performing, the students gets hype up too, not to mention, even the executives.

Tiffany looks mesmerized by Sehun. With beaming eyes towards Sehun. Sehun accidentally took a glance at Tiffany and smiles towards her.

She got embarrassed and blushes a little.

The song ended and everyone shouts, screams and claps to the band. Angel gave them bows for their enthusiastic cheers while performing.


The program ended and everyone was set to go back to their respective classroom.

Tiffany walks back alone.

While she was far away from the gym now, she heard someone shouting her name.

“Tiffany! Tiffany!!! Tiffany please wait for me!”

Tiffany stops and looks back and saw Sehun running towards her. She was a bit shocked. Sehun stopped, panting and held his knee for support as he was rushing towards Tiffany.

“Le… let’s go together. Ha…. We’re in the same class right?” Sehun said while panting.

“Yes. Do you need some water?” Tiffany asked.

“No. There’s no need. Let’s go.” Sehun said while wiping his sweat using the handkerchief that was given by his best friend.

Tiffany looks at the sweaty Sehun, with his sweat running down on his neck and forehead, while Sehun is wiping them off.

Sehun noticed Tiffany was looking at him.

“Is there something wrong with my face? Huh? Is there a dirt?” Sehun asked blankly while continually wiping his sweat.

“N-no… there’s none.” Tiffany replied with embarrassment and looks away and gulped.

Sehun stared at her for a while and looks straight.

Tiffany finds him attractive in Sehun’s current state, in a sweaty state and can’t forget how cool he was during the performance in the opening/welcome ceremony for the transferee.


Shortly, they arrived at their classroom.

“Hurry up and take your seats.” Their Victoria said, their math teacher.

They bowed and hurriedly took their seats at the back.

“Has the performance gone well?” Luhan asked in a whisper tone.

“Yes. They are very enthusiastic.” Sehun replied with a sweaty and oily face.

Luhan sits back and took a glance at Tiffany, whom he saw taking a look at Sehun.

“What the… why is her look to my best friend like that.”

Then he looks at Sehun. Sehun noticed it and looks at Luhan.

“Why?”

“N-none…” Luhan got his senses back and listens to his teacher now.

-end of chapter 2-

---

A/N: Sorry for taking too long

here's chapter two. :)

I hope you like it. and...

...to be continue