Taeyang's POV

A Little Too Late

Maybe today was the day I will tell my best friend that I truly love her. Just maybe. My heart tells me to do it but what am I afraid of? My mind tells me to not do it. Will our friendship be ruined? Would she reject me? I'm not too sure.

 

 

I called her up. My heart started to skip beats, my hands were sweating, I had butterflies in my stomach.

"Hello?" she said. Her voice was so angel-like. Nothing like I ever heard.

"Hey Chaerin, it's me Youngbae." I replied.

"No duh, it's you. I have you done as "Bestest Friend"

I smiled. It was true, we met in Kindergarten. I didn't start liking he until middle school. I hid my feelings. I never dated anyone. She did date a couple of guys but they weren't the right one for her.

"I have to tell you something." I managed to say after thinking about our past.

"I do too! Let's meet at the cafe." she said.

"Now?" I asked.

"Yes. See you!" she said.

 

 

On the way there, I bought a white rose for her. I felt confident today. I hid the rose behind my back.

 

 

"Youngbae!" yelled Chaerin.

"Hey." I said smiling.

"So what do you have to tell me, Bae?"

"Well, you see-"

"Hey guys!" said Jiyong who had a tray of three coffees.

"Thanks babe." she said smiling at him. "Youngbae you know Jiyong, right? Well we're dating now. I really think he's the right one."

My heart shattered. My eyes had gotten watery. I was speechless. Why?

"Youngbae?" she said. "I told Jiyong to get your favorite drink." She handed me the drink.

I took the drink.

"What's behind your back, Bae? And what did you have to tell me?"

I couldn't look at her.

"I just wanted to tell you that I got a new video game and I thought it would be cool if you wanted to play."

"Oh... maybe next time. And what's that thing behind your back?"

"It's a rose for my friend's crush. He wanted me to deliver it on the way."

"Cool. Well do you want to hang out with me and Jiyong today?"

"No thanks." I mumbled and turned around. Before she could say anything, I was already walking.

 

 

Tears were streaming down my cheeks. It's still not late... I just have to wait again. I know Jiyong isn't right for her. I just know it. Days passed, then weeks, then months. It turned into years. Chaerin and I don't hang out as much anymore or contact each other but I still think about her. I still didn't have a relationship yet. I got a letter from her after these years. I opened it and saw that it was an invitation to a wedding. No... this couldn't be.

 

After months, I went to the wedding.

 

 

"Youngbae!" said Chaerin in her wedding dress.

I smiled. She looked gorgeous as always. I hugged her tightly.

"I missed you, Chaerin." I smiled.

"I missed you too, Bae!" She said.

"I love you, Chae." I mumbled.

"Huh?" she said.

Before she could get an answer, some more people was going to greet her. I left to take a seat.

 

"It's still not late..." I said to myself. I tried to get up but failed because it was going to start. I watched her walk down the aisle with her father. I smiled to myself. Such a beauty she is...

 

Jiyong said, "I do." That was suppose to be me up there. "Any objections?" asked the priest. After many thoughts, I slowly raised my hand up.

 

It was too late. The priest had not seen my hand raise. They kissed infront of me. My first true love... gone to another man. All I heard was silence but in reality there were cheers and happiness. I got up and walked out but before I did, I was stopped by Chaerin.

 

 

"Hey! Where are you going,silly? The weddings over here." she said smiling.

I leaned in and whispered in her ear,

"I love you, Chaerin."

I continued walking out as I knew it was over. It was a little too late.