#01: "Secret follower, secret meeting."

I'll send you letters for needles.

Hello dear subscribers and new readers! <3

This time I'll introduce the other guys to you!  I hope the scenery isn't too messed up...

Please have fun while reading!~~*

 

#01 Chapter: “Secret follower, secret meeting.”

 

Paper bags filled with cake, ice cream and drinks in your hands, you made your way to Sulli’s apartment. Since her parents were attending one business trip after another, she was living there alone most of the time. Not wanting to worry you, she always told you about being alright with living alone and that it was nice to have the apartment for herself only, but you knew better. You had seen her face on Christmas or her birthday, when all she got from her parents was a “Happy birthday” card and some money being transferred to her bank account so that she could buy whatever she longed for. Yet you knew that the only thing she wanted was something you could not simply get from a store- her parents love and attention.

 

Maybe it was the memory of Eunhyuk freaking out in the library that made you feel weird, but the next ten minutes to Sulli’s housing complex were creepy. Your mind surely played tricks on you, yet you had the feeling of being followed by someone. Each time you moved, you heard steps belonging to someone else. As you walked along a store, you saw a shadow being reflected by the window in the corner of your eye. But the moment you turned around, no one was there. You touched your forehead, the headache you mentioned as you talked to Sulli still penetrating you. Maybe spending some free time with Sulli will help me forget today, also...?

And with that, you entered the housing complex and tried to forget about your worries- barely did you know that your mind hadn’t played tricks on you at all…

 

[Meanwhile, LEFONEE // VIP-Lounge]

“Eunhyuk.” The blonde guy took a deep breath as his name was spoken.

“I’m listening”, he hissed as he tried to hide his anger and displeasure. Sure, that guy was the vice head of the kingkas, yet… why did he have to listen to such a child? He was way more skilled when it came to seducing women- and that was the main theme of that “club” the kingkas had formed.

“Are you aware of your sin?” Jonghyun asked, his eyes all emotionless.

“I didn’t do anything wrong, kid. She deser- ARGH!” he screamed, feeling the pain as Key touched his -now bluish and swollen- cheekbone. “Why did you do that?! It hurts! You -“

She deserved it”, Key imitated his alley, making the other four guys laugh. “You deserved it. Pabo. You’re a lucky guy since I didn’t punch you twice as the rules say.”

“Naww, come on. A little session could have been the key to make that weird chick a nearly normal one. Maybe she just needs a strong hand and hard treat-“

“Eunnie, that’s enough”, Yesung growled, annoyed by the mistake his best friend had made. Again. “Do you really want to risk your membership here? Do you want to stop being a kingka, surrounded by those easy chicks?” Yesung himself had never been okay with one night stands, yet he knew how to persuade Eunhyuk.

“He is right, Eunhyuk” Jonghyun stated, still emotionless. “If that happens again, we will have to exclude you from this club. You know what that means?”

No more girls going after you, house ban at LEFONEE…” Onew read a list of several consequences, smirking especially at the last one, “…and last but not least, we’d have to kick you out of this school, Eunnie.” He suppressed a chuckle, though.

Eunhyuk looked at his allies, his eyes revealing just a part of his shock and frustration. His family was powerful, yes… but his parents knew the rules of this club, they knew Eunhyuk’s rights, his benefits- and his obligations. If they knew he had not followed the club’s ways, they surely wouldn’t support him. “…I know, I know. Don’t worry, it won’t happen again.”

That sentence seemed to cast a secret spell. Suddenly, the tension dissolved- and everyone got back to their old selves.

“Everyone, how about a cup of tea and a piece of cake?” Yesung chanted happily, making the others go wild.

Look at the time, YeYe. It’s past nine! How could we eat cake this late?” Key asked while he shook his head and smiled at his friend. “By the way, did Taemin send you a message, Jjong?”

The called took a look at his cell phone. “Wait a sec… no… oh, the eighth? Ah, that was yesterday, whatever… Oh, I forgot her birthday again?... Ah, yes, there it is.” The others glared at him in disbelief. They had been wondering and wondering about the fact that Jonghyun never answered their messages on time- and now they knew the reason.

“How often… no, how rare do you check your mails?” Yesung asked innocently while finishing his second piece of chocolate cake. Jonghyun just answered him with one of his well-known “I-hope-that-cake-gets-stuck-in-your-throat-Yesung” glare.

“He says he won’t make it today. There’s a birthday party he has to attend.”

“Birthday? He didn’t tell me anything about that.” Minho wondered, smelling something fishy. Maybe his dongsaeng was meeting up with a girl?

“Naww, maybe he forgot about it. You know how many relatives he has.”

“And you know that he never forgets a birthday. Not even a single one of his kittens, which are a lot.” Yeah, their maknae wasn’t their boss for nothing!

“Sheesh, got a point there, Santa Claus.” Minho grinned at that, standing up and searching for his cell phone. “I’ll give him a call, just to make sure he isn’t dating someone without us knowing.”

“What a mommy you are~” Yesung sang in his cute way, chewing his chocolate cake.

All of them fell silent and looked at Minho, who looked for Taemin's number and finally pressed the “Call” button, setting it on conference mode.

“Aish! What is it, Hyung..?” they heard, raising an eyebrow or waiting for a hint of where he was curiously.

“Oh, we just wanted to know if you are enjoying the birthday party. Whose birthday is it by the way?”

“My... uncle's.” Key started to grin as he noticed the way Taemin spoke. Surely, he was nervous. Pretty nervous.

“Oh, I see.” Deep down, Minho chuckled. “He doesn't seem to like music, though? Or is something wrong with the technical devises? Shall we-”

“N-no no no, I'm just relaxing in the garden. That party's way too stiff for my taste.”

“You don't even know the meaning of that word, Taebaby”, Jonghyun hissed, yet loud enough for the maknae to hear.

“Hyung? I know what a party is.”

“Not that one, Taebaby.” Now, Jonghyun had gained the attention of anyone. “Did you ever feel what it's like to be sti- AH!”, the vice kingka exclaimed as Key smacked his forehead. Hard! “What was that for? Come on, Taemin is old enough to-”

“Jjong, stop talking to our maknae in that kind of way! I don't want him to become a second Kim Jonghyun. Got that?!”

“Am I such a bad person...?”, the blonde guy asked, batting his lashes at the others- yet, it wasn't as useful as he thought it would be.

“You are.”

“Is that a rhetoric question...?”

“Come on, Jjong. Think of the names your kittens have for you.” Key slightly laughed as he listened to the innocent Yesung, who suddenly seemed all mature again- despite the fact that he was chewing tons of cake right now- no ending in sight.

“Hyung, I really dont want to be--- yah, don't run away! Aish...” The boys heard Taemin curse as he seemed to start walking. At least, they heard steps. “Sorry Hyungs, gotta hurry... I'll talk to you later. Bye-” The youngest one's greetings cut by the call coming to an end, Minho put his phone back into his pocket and exchanged looks with his friends.

“So, what do you think?”

“Well... this seems interesting.”

“Something's fishy.”

“Definitely.”

“Do you think he's dating someone...?”

“Maybe he had a meeting with one of his kittens...?”

“He seemed to be in a hurry...”

The young men discussed different ideas of where Taemin was and what he was doing, drinking some beer and eating snacks a few waitresses brought in. One of them seemed to be less interested, though- Key was starring out of the window, unconsciously nipping on his tea and thinking about that inordinate girl he had met in the library- last but not least, thanks to Eunhyuk's bad habbit.