KaiSoo - Be Mine

Sometimes...the world is really small

 

I'm back with another one~ This one was more of a request for a friend (Taevas) and I hope she likes it!

I don't really have a song for this fic, but I listened to Taylor Swift's "You Belong with Me" but you can hear any song you like.

°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°

Big eyes. Long, dark eyelashes. Short and well styled black hair. Soft baby-like skin. And…

“JongIn ah~”

A sweet melodic voice.

Perfect.

“There’s something on my face?” the tanned male shook his head

“No”

“Then why are you staring? You’re making me nervous!” whined the older but shorter man.

JongIn couldn’t help the urge to hold the wide eyed boy in his arms, enjoying the way the other tensed.

“W-what are you doing?”

“I can’t hold my KyungSoo?” the younger asked with a pout, burying his nose in the soft black strands of hair before him.

They stayed like that for a couple of second, before KyungSoo broke the silence.

“You can’t…I’m not your boyfriend”

I’m not your boyfriend

Not your boyfriend…

“YAH! Wake up!” a not so sweet and melodic voice woke JongIn up. It sounded more like a cat snarling.

“Get your lazy and tanned up!  If you want me to drive you to work”

“I don’t want to”

The other male stared at his boyfriend for a couple of seconds before nodding.

“You’ve been declining my rides for over a week now…”

JongIn sighed; he knew where this was going. He got up and stretched, ignoring any invitation to start an argument with his diva boyfriend.

“It’s easier for you to drive straight to the school” He was right, and the other knew it.

“I like driving you to work”

But JongIn wasn’t known for having a sympathetic boyfriend.

“KiBum, I’m serious…I’m okay walking to my job, it’s not that far away” The tanned male tried to form a smile but, by the snort the other gave him, he knew it didn’t came out well.

The elder stayed quite before releasing a sigh.

“Okay then…”

JongIn thought he had won this one, but –like always- his boyfriend had to leave with a comment that would make his day worse than it already was.

“Say hi to that little at the café” and with that, KiBum slammed the door of their small apartment.

“His name is KyungSoo! And he’s not a like someone else I know!” JongIn growled when he was sure the other wasn’t able to hear him. He scratched his head in annoyance. It was always like that, he would wake up with KiBum nagging at him to get ready so he could drive him to work like he used to do before JongIn met him.

He was, no, he IS perfect in every way possible. He had perfect round and huge eyes that showed every emotion his boyfriend’s didn’t. He had perfect hair, naturally styled and without the need of the enormous amount of products his boyfriend used. He had a perfect voice, sweet and soft unlike KiBum’s arrogant voice.

KyungSoo is perfect

And, if KyungSoo was the meaning of “perfection” to JongIn…why is he still with his boyfriend?

“Because I’m stupid and, at that time, desperate!” the tanned boy screamed at his own reflection in the bathroom’s mirror, splashing it with water.

He looked at the hour and yelped. Running to his closet and grabbing the first thing he saw, ending with him wearing a simple shirt and a pair of brick colored jeans.

~+~+~+~+~

“I love your fashion sense~”

“Thank you” KyungSoo laughed at the obvious glare on the younger’s voice, making his usual before handing it to him.

“Dressed in a rush again?”

“Hey! It wasn’t my fault! It was-”

“I know.”

JongIn closed his mouth, swallowing his excuse.

“You had an argument with him again…”

“How did you-” the barista chuckled while handing him his order.

“Let’s just say it’s not the first time I’ve seen you wearing clothes that don’t really match and every time you are dressed like that coincides with the days you complain about fighting with KiBum” the shorter male lowered his gaze and grabbed a couple of clean mugs to pour espresso on them.

“Why do you know me so well?” KyungSoo smiled at his question and rested his chin on his palm.

“I don’t”

JongIn stared at the brown orbs belonging to his definition of ‘perfect’ for a couple of second before taking his leave. He waved at KyungSoo just as he held the door open for a senior lady.

I wish you did.

~+~+~+~+~

His shift was over now and all he wanted to do was get home and rest. He worked as a columnist at a local newspaper, something really small and not very popular but he was happy because it was his way of complaining about his ty love life and it was almost completely sure none of his boyfriend’s friends, or KiBum himself, read it.  

“Have you read the recent one yet?”

“No! Was it good? Oooh~ I love the way he writes! It’s so pure!”

JongIn couldn’t hide his smile as he listened the two girls chatting about his newest column.

“I think it’s one of his best ones so far! He talks about another fight with his boyfriend and then-“

“Ugh! I hate him! He makes Columnist oppa’s life miserable!”

Columnist oppa?!  The tanned male chuckles at the nickname, stepping a little closer to his two “fans”

“I know! But at least oppa has his crush and he makes oppa smile even when his boyfriend treats him like he is his servant”

Crush? JongIn raised one of his eyebrows. He hasn’t considered the fact that KyungSoo is, by any means, his crush. And now he thinks about it…

“It makes me seem like a girl…” before he realizes it, he had already said it out loud. The tanned boy turned his head to where the two girls were standing watching him with confused expressions that matched.

“Hi…” with that, JongIn ran all the way to his and KiBum’s apartment, panting and leaning against the cold surface of the hallway.

“You went for a jog?” the younger male jumped at the sudden question, ending with him sprawled on the floor.

“You scared the out of me…”

“I’m sorry~” KyungSoo chuckled and offered the other boy a hand, which he gladly accepted.

Maybe it was just a mere coincidence the fact that they both lived in the same apartment complex but JongIn wanted to see it as fate.

~+~+~+~+~

It had been a tiresome for JongIn. Every morning he had an argument with his boyfriend and the made up at nights, but still JongIn felt that KiBum knew he had a thing for KyungSoo. They had only seen each other once or twice and it was pretty obvious that the former didn’t fond of the barista who enjoyed JongIn’s company.

“I saw the way he looked at you, Kim JongIn! Don’t try to deny it!” KiBum had said when they got home after eating at the café.

“You’ve been under a lot of stress, Ki, maybe you’re seeing things…” he had tried to sound convincing because he, also, saw that KyungSoo had been extra friendly with him that day.

His boyfriend glared at him before stomping to their shared bedroom, slamming the door only after he threw a pillow and a blanket at him.

Another thing that made his week one of the worst of the year was the fact that he wasn’t able to visit KyungSoo and luck wasn’t on his side because they didn’t even saw each other on the building.

But now it was all over. He had all the weekend to relax and sleep all day if he wanted.

“I still think I’m forgetting something…” he hadn’t even finished what he was saying when his desk calendar reminded him of something really important.

Right there marked with red ink read: KiKi’s B-day~

“I’m screwed.”

~+~+~+~+~

The little bell at the top of the door ringed, signaling a new costumer.

“In what can I- JongIn?” the barista arched one of his eyebrows at the sight of a giant cat standing before him.

“KyungSoo! You gotta help me! I need something for KiBum’s birthday!” the younger was pale and he looked like he was being chased by the Death itself.

“S-sure…how much time do you-”

“It’s today.”

“Today?! Kim JongIn what were you thinking! It’s not enough to bake something pretty enough for a birthday!”

“I know! But I completely forgot and if KiBum knows I forgot about his birthday he’s going to kill me!”

“Okay…first of all, breath” JongIn did as told, calming down for a bit.

“Second I don’t know if I’ll be able to help”

“But-“

“But I’ll try” KyungSoo smiled a little, looking anywhere but at JongIn “Just because it’s you”

“Oh my God, Kyung! You don’t know how much I love you right now!” before the younger had any time to think about what he said, he already had his arms around his crush.

And after that, the tanned male ran out the door, leaving the giant cat on the café.

~+~+~+~+~

“You forgot.” It was the first thing he heard as he stepped on the small apartment.

“What?” and then it downed on him what the other was talking about.

“. KiBum I’m sorry!”

“You forgot about my birthday, you little son of a-”

JongIn held the older but smaller male on his arms, wincing in pain as the other buried his manicured and sharp nails on his chest.

“How could you?! I’ve had enough!” KiBum tried to free himself from the younger’s strong hold, pushing and scratching just as a set of hot tears stained his face.

“It’s not like that! I bought you something!”

“Oh, really? And where is it, Kim JongIn?”

The younger male opened his mouth just to close it again; he himself wasn’t able to remember where he left the present. Just when he was about to give up, there was a soft knock on the door.

“I’ll get it!” JongIn flew to the door, opening it just a bit. The smile on his face couldn’t be any wider when he was greeted with KyungSoo holding a small –pink- birthday cake and the giant cat he had bought for his boyfriend.

“You did it. You actually did it!”

“I had to. It was the least I could d-”JongIn interrupted the barista, crushing him in a bear hug.

“You don’t know how much I love you, KyungSoo” said male gasped at the closeness of JongIn’s voice.

“T-the cake…we’re gonna crush it” the shorter male’s voice trembled as he spoke.

“Oh right”

The columnist took the cake, blushing when his hand brushed against KyungSoo’s.

“The cat, don’t forget the cat”

“Thank you, KyungSoo. I don’t know what I would do without you”

“Shut up”

“What?”

“Please shut up” KyungSoo had his eyes on his shoes and his hands were closed into tiny fist.

“Stop saying you love me or I’ll start to think you mean it so, please, stop it”

With that, the barista closed the door and walked away.

“JongIn?” his boyfriend’s voice brought him back. He stared at the small but beautiful cake and at the giant cat, remembering what they were for.

“Are those for me?” he could practically hear the smile on KiBum’s voice so he tried his best to smile as well.

“Of course they are! Happy Birthday, Ki~” the older male hugged his boyfriend, tearing up again but for a different reason this time.

“Hey KiBum” said man lifted his gaze, indicating that he was listening “Why don’t you go get dressed so I can take you out to celebrate?” he had to congratulate himself for his acting.

“Okay!”

When he was sure the other wouldn’t know about his absence, he stormed off, hoping that KyungSoo was still on the hallway.

“KyungSoo!” Maybe luck was on his side after all.“Wait!”

“Stop chasing me! I don’t want to be more confused than I already am!” The elder’s voice made him sound like he was about to cry.

“Confused? KyungSoo what-“JongIn wished he had never made the other look at him on that state: watery eyes, trembling lips and clenched jaw. Seeing the other so vulnerable brought mixed feeling to him. On one hand he felt the urge to hug the life out of the barista, but in the other hand he felt guilty for being the reason of KyungSoo’s tears.

“I tried to push away my feeling, but I couldn’t! I couldn’t because you were always there! Always trying to make my day better! And with everything you did you gained my heart bit by bit, JongIn…and it’s not fair” the barista made a pause to breath “It’ not fair because I thought there was a tiny chance for me to get in your heart and then, surprise! You ask me to do your boyfriend’s cake! Did you know I was about to refuse but the look in your eyes convinced me, and you know why?”

“Because I love you. Okay? I love-“

A pair of full lips silenced him. KyungSoo was about to respond when he realized what was happening. He pushed JongIn off, making the younger’s back to get in contact with the wall.

“Kyung what the…”

“I was being serious! I don’t want to fool around with someone who doesn’t-“

“I love you.”

KyungSoo wide eyes locked with his own and he was able to see all the thoughts running across the elder’s head.

“What did you say?”

“I love you too, KyungSoo”

“Don’t lie, please…”

“I’m not. I really do-“now it was time for JongIn to be silenced by a kiss that soon got deeper and deeper, until the two boys were gasping for air.

~+~+~+~+~

“JongIn did you write this?” his boss asked him the next day, holding his most recent column.

“Y-yeah. Why? Is it bad? I can re-do it and-”

“No, it’s really good actually”

He didn’t know if he should feel good or bad about the compliment.

“Thanks.”

“I’m serious, how do you come across these stories? Are they based on someone you know?”

That left the columnist gaping for a couple of second before answering with a soft ‘kind of’. His boss left his cubicle saying that he would be big if he decided to do love novels.

JongIn re-read the column that received so much praise from his boss. He didn’t see it much different than others he had done. Except for the last part:

“…and that’s how I kissed the love of my life on my boyfriend’s birthday and held him like I didn’t want to let him go.”

°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°

Thank you so much for reading this! I want your opinion about it, so...leave a comment!

See you next time~