Part 7

Unexpected Meetings

Suzy's POV

I ran all the way home tears stinging my eyes. I regret returning that damn wallet to that Dino Boy. Why couldn't I have just left it in the lost & found? 

Suddenly I hear my phone vibrating and I check who it is and it's from Jia Unnie. I don't feel like talking to anybody so I decline it and send a text saying I don't want to talk to anybody. After I had calmed down I went to my room and flopped on my bed still in my clothes.

"Maybe sleeping it off would be better" I think to myself. Sooner than I thought, I drift of to dreamland.

After I had gotten some shut eye, I felt a bit better. Just a bit. I decide to get up and freshen up, I grab my phone and the scrap bit of paper Minho gave me.

There I was standing near the doorway to my bathroom wondering why Minho gave me his number. It's not like I'm anything special, he probably gave it to me to make me feel better.

"I should just add it in case"I say to myself. There was no point in keeping the scrap bit of paper, I would lose it anyway so before I do I'll add it to my contact list.

Suddenly, Minho's words came floating back to me.

You know Suzy, you could look prettier on the outside as you are inside.

 It was the first time a boy had called me pretty. Actually it's the second time.

I keep walking and head into my bathroom, throwing the paper into the wastebin and look in the mirror. Maybe if I take my glasses off and straighten or curl my hair, it'll make me look better. I was so unsure if should change myself or not since I stepped into this school but now Minho's words has helped me make my decision.

"Maybe it is the time for a change" I thought. I was determined to show every person in that school of hell who Suzy Bae really was and make them regret they ever picked on me.

I sprinted back to my room and I jumped back onto my bed and started scrolling through my contacts, then 'his' name came up. His dad is the CEO of an international hairdresser's company and his mom is a world leading fashion designer. We haven't talked since my mother has passed away but I hope he still remembers me, we were bestfriends when we were little and when he moved away it broke my heart.

I then an amazing idea popped into my head.

I call Fei unnie and she picked up on the first ring. She must've been worried about me since I didn't call back.

"Yeboseyo" she says

"Fei unnie, it's Suzy"I says

"Suzy-ah, are you okay, are you hurt anywhere?"She asks, sincerity evident in her voice

"Anni, I'm fine, Sulli's words didn't get to my heart" I answer knowing what she was talking about. I didn't care what she says to me now, next Monday, she'll be fainting from the shock.

"Oh, then what is it that you want to talk about, should I come over?" She asks. I can't tell her the full idea yet, she'll reject it on the spot. I need her to come to my place first.

"Unnie can you come over at my place in 1 in the afternoon tomorrow?"I ask

"Wae?" she asks. 

"Just come, I'll tell you then and bring the other unnies aswell" I replied. I needed all four of us to make this plan work.

"Okay, but-"I cut the call before she could ask anymore. Sorry Fei Unnie, but I'm 100% positive this is the best for all of us.

After the call ended I went to the balcony to get some fresh air. I was contemplating whether to call him or not. He might not remember me at all. If he doesn't remember me I'll be disappointed in myself for not contacting him and then I'll be hurt for him not remembering me.

"But I already called the unnies, so I might aswell try" I say to myself. I needed to get this over with and call him. It's a 50/50 chance and maybe he still does remember me.

 

Fei's Pov 

I got home in a very bad mood. We were looking for Suzy and didn't see her. We had no idea where she was until I heard the whispers of my classmates.

"That Sulli better watch her back from now on, cause I'm gonna kill that bitc-" I got cut off from my phone ringing.

I picked it up and it was Suzy. In my mind I was dancing about in joy but I got back to reality and asked if she was alright, if she was hurt anywhere.

She said she was fine and Sulli's words didn't get to her. I didn't know if I could believe her on that but I decided to let it go. 

I asked what she wanted to tell me but she told me just to come to her place with the others.

She didn't explain why, which was very unlike Suzy.

But, I still called the others and they agreed. I had to force Min to come with me since she had her part-time job at the same time. I know she works to surpport her family but I promised to pay her back and treat her to some chicken after Suzy tells us what she needs to tell us.

Suzy's POV

I called him eventually, he picked up on the 3rd ring. My heart was beating really fast, it felt like it was going to break out of my ribcage, jump off the balcony and run off. My hands were also getting sweaty and I had to keep wiping them on my clothes.

"Yeboseyo" his voice sang out.

"Yeboseyo, it's Suzy" I replied nervously. He sounded a bit different but I could still recognize his voice.

"Suzy? You mean Bae Suzy?" he asks in wonderment. Thank God he remembers me, I wouldn't know what I'd do if he didn't.

"Of course it's Suzy, Oppa" I say in a cutesy voice. He's the only one I could aegyo in front of and not get flustered. 

"Suzy it's been a long time since you've called me, did something happen?" He asks, worry overflowing his voice

I tell him about what has happened over this past week and what happened today. He was horrified to hear this and kept asking if I was alright. I assured him I was alright. I was still nervous about asking but I had to.

" Well I needed to ask you something Oppa, remember when you said I need a make-over and a closet-change?" I ask. He had said that when I got my huge glasses and said I could look cuter and still wear those glasses if he'd let his mother change my hairstyle etc. but I wouldn't do it.

"Yeah, why?"He asks

"Well I decided to do that, but I have no idea about fashion and since your parents are in the fashion business, I thought you might help" I stammered. We hadn't exchanged a word in 2 years and asking for help out of the blue on the phone is kinda rude. I had crossed my fingers hoping he wouldn't get mad at me.

"Of course I'll help, that's what an Oppa's for" he replies. I can tell from his cheery voice that he was smiling on the otherside.

"Thank you , but there are 3 friends of mine who need a change as well" I say nervously. I knew I was asking too much but I wanted help my Unnies as well.

"Wait, what , you've got FRIENDS" he says jokingly. I hear him laughing on the otherside and this causes me to pout.

"Oppaaaaaa" I cry "Be serious, jebal" 

"Okay, Okay" he says still snickering "When can I come to your place and whats your address? I remember you moving house after I moved.

"Come at 1 in afternoon tommorow and the address is ______ ______ 359" I answer

"I need to tell you something aswell" he says in a serious voice. What happened all of a sudden?

"What is it, Oppa?" I ask him waringly.

"I'm going to a new school on Monday" he answers with a sigh ''I moved again, this time permantly"

"Which school?" I ask, I was hoping it was near my school so we could meet up.

"Kirin Public School" he complained "You know how much I hate moving school"

What.

I think I need a hearing aid now.

"Suzy? Suzy-ah! You still there?" he asks worringly.

"Did I hear you right, you said you were going to Kirin Public School on Monday" I sputtered. I nearly dropped the phone when asked if I was alright

"Yeah I am, why?" he ask

"B-because I go to that s-school" I say, my voice barely a whisper but he still heard it.

"Really!?" he asks, his mood instantly sky-rocketing.

"Yeah" I say, still trying to digest the fact that he is going to the same school as me. Good thing that I called him or it would have been really awkward. It feels like I just dodged a bullet that narrowingly passed me.

"Oh yeah, Im going to school with Suzy tomorrow, I'm such a lucky guy~" he sang out. I chuckled at his childish behaviour.

I can just imagine him doing the lucky guy dance by KHJ right now.

"Oh, Suzy-ah, can you still play the piano?" he asks out of the blue.

"Yeah I can, why?" I answer. I play the piano infront of the unnies and to myself when I'm at home and I used to play it with him as well.

"Great, when I come to your school have to ever perform in the future, I can sing and you can play the piano" he said happily. 

"Yeah we can" I answer while smiling. I would love that. To hear his beautiful voice again would be wonderful.

Then there's a bit of static and I hear his voice being called out by somebody.

"My parents are calling me now, I have to go" he says quickly.

"Say, hi to them for me " I mention. I would be great to see his parents again.

"Sure will, Bye Suzy" he says, bidding me farewell.

"Bye Sungmin Oppa, see you tommorow" I murmured.

"See you tomorrow aswell" he says ending the phone call.

"I can't wait to see his face tomorrow" I thought, a giddy feeling building inside me.