New girl in school

Romeo and Juliet

Juliet’s POV

“You’ll be perfectly fine. I’m sure you can make many new friends here, right? Sweetheart, don’t worry too much, okay? If anything ever goes wrong, give me a call.” Umma told me.

“But Umma, I -” Umma interrupted me. She checked the time on her watch.

“Aigoo yah! It’s already 7am, I’m running late! Darling, you’ll be okay. Umma has to go now. See you at home tonight!” Umma said in a hurry. She gave me a ‘peck’ on my forehead and hailed for a cab.

“Bye Umma!” I waved goodbye to her.

    My parents have divorced. Appa’s living in Singapore while Umma’s a Korean, so she’s living in Korea. Umma won the case in court, therefore I had to live with her. However, Umma allows me to visit Appa sometimes too.

“Aish! How do I even get to class now? I’m new here!” I groaned.

Suddenly, I felt someone who tapped me on my shoulder. I turned around.

“Hi, are you new here?” A decent-looking guy asked me.

“Er….y..yeah. I’m kind of lost here, could you help me?”

I have never sounded this pathetic before.

“Why, yes! Hmm, may I know which class are you allocated to?” He answered back.

“3-12. How do I get there?” I was worried.

“What a coincidence! I’m your classmate, Donghae. We’re in the same class! No worries, I’ll bring you to your classroom. I mean, our classroom.” He grinned.

I tagged along with him.

Donghae’s POV

“So, what’s your name?” I asked that girl I helped as we were walking down the hallway.

“I’m Juliet. Korean name’s So Eun. You can call me either ways. I’ll still respond.” She replied.

We reached the classroom.

“Mrs.Kim, we have a new student. Her name is So Eun.” I whispered to Mrs.Kim. Everyone else were staring at So Eun. They must be thinking if we have a new student. Well, they are right.

“Class, listen up! We have a new student here. Please welcome So Eun!” Mrs.Kim announced.

“Annyeong hasaeyo, So Eun imnida. I have an English name too, called Juliet. You can call me either ways, I don’t really mind actually.” No difference from what she told me just now.


Juliet’s POV

“Aish…what should I do now?” I trembled. Since Donghae was standing beside me, and he was the only one who can help me out now, I hit my shoulder lightly against his to signal that I needed help from him. The first time, he didn’t notice. I hit again. This time, harder. Pabo!

“Oh! So um, Mrs.Kim?” He giggled at me and asked Mrs.Kim to assign me a seat.

“Alright! So I guess, everyone can make friends with So Eun, right? Well So Eun, do you mind sitting beside Kwon Yuri? I’m very sure she can guide you along. Her grades are good. I’m sure that both of you can get together well.” Mrs.Kim grinned at that Yuri girl.

She really looks very smart. We can be friends.

Donghae and I went back to our seats and therefore, lessons started. Actually, I don’t really bother about literature. I decided to get to know my partner. What was her name again? Ah, Yuri.

“Pssss! Hi, Yuri.” I whispered. Hopefully she’s not a typical nerd….
“Oh, hi! So Eun, I’ll show you around our school after recess.” She smiled widely.
I nodded. I guess she’s the friendly type. Phew! She wasn’t what I thought.

Narrator’s POV

“Ringggg!” The recess bell rang. Students rushed out of their classrooms while teachers packed their things and left the classroom. The students were eager to have their break time.

“Um, So Eun? So this is your locker, number 22. My locker is number 20. Rather close, eh? You can dump your textbooks, workbooks, whatever crap you have, into the locker. Isn’t the locker a great, protective dustbin?” She laughed. So Eun laughed at her cold joke too.

Donghae glanced over at So Eun after closing and locking his own locker. He waved at her. So Eun smiled at him. He walked over to the two girls. “Yuri, leave this to me. You can go for your recess with Taeyeon.” He smiled at Yuri. Yuri thanked Donghae and quickly left. “Bye So Eun!” Yuri waved at So Eun.

 

Writer's note: Is the story nice? Hoping that there will be comments~ ^-^