Chapter 11

The Cold Fate

 

Minji woke up around 1 AM. “Wow I fell asleep for so long.” She looked around the room. “Jaeyeon?” she yelled out. No response. Minji went upstairs into Jaeyeon’s room. “Jae?” She wasn’t there. Minji just shrugged. “Probably out on another mission I guess.” She went to go shower. After Minji came out of the shower she checked her phone. She received a text from Jaeyeon.

Minji. Jaeyeon’s currently in the hospital in Incheon. Thought I’d let you know. –Sehun

“WHAT? JAEYEON’S IN THE HOSPITAL?!” Minji called Sungyeol immediately.

“Babe I love you but I’m really tired and need to sleep.” Sungyeol replied when he picked up the phone.

“Jaeyeon’s in the hospital and I need a ride there, take me please Oppa, I’ll make it up to you.” Minji almost started to cry.

Sungyeol woke up right away. “I’m coming.”

Minji, Sungyeol, Myungsoo, Woohyun, and Sungjong all ended up in the car with Sungyeol driving to Incheon. Once Myungsoo heard Jaeyeon was in the hospital he was super concerned. Woohyun and Sungjong were also worried because they’ve taken a liking to Jaeyeon even if she is mean and cold to them.

Sehun was sitting on a chair outside of the emergency room. Minji ran to him.

“WHERE’S JAEYEON?! IS SHE OKAY?” Minji was panicking.

“The doctors haven’t come out yet…” Sehun replied quietly. He looked like he was almost going to cry. “It’s my entire fault. If I could’ve saved her earlier she wouldn’t be in this situation.”

“What happened?” Sungjong asked with concern.

Sehun sighed. “Well I might as well tell you guys. Jaeyeon and I were sent out to kill DBSK’s boss. Usually Jaeyeon would do her missions a little later than they were assigned and I was going to do it tonight, but she beat me to it. She ended up killing the guy, but then DBSK almost ended up killing her. She was stabbed. Jaeyeon doesn’t know that I get assigned the same missions as her. Like you know the file that was taken from Inspirit? Yeah I took that and put it on Minji’s porch so Jaeyeon would find it and turn it in so she wouldn’t have to go through the trouble of doing it.”

“Jaeyeon…” tears began to form in Minji’s eyes.

“Wait. I thought you hated Jaeyeon, so why do you do these things? And how did you get into Inspirit’s office…” Sungyeol asked Sehun.

Sehun didn’t say anything. Everyone was quiet.

Myungsoo was thinking to himself. Jaeyeon, Why must this happen? I hope you’re okay.

About 20 minutes later the light went off and the doctor came out of the room.

“I’m assuming you guys are close with Miss. Seok?” everyone nodded.

“Well lucky for her we were able to stop her from bleeding to death and right now she’s resting. However I am concerned about what happened to her when she was younger. Her body is very strong but it seems that she’s been injured many times and hasn’t come to the hospital to have it taken care of.” The doctor started.

“That’s because she’s a stubborn girl that never wanted to come to a hospital.” Sehun interrupted.

“It also seems as if she’s been physically abused when she was younger. She has a lot of scars and brusies.” The others nodded.

“Well that’s all. You are free to see her, but she probably won’t be able to leave until a week or two from now. I want to exam her more.” The doctor left.

Sehun, Minji, Myungsoo, Woohyun, and Sungjong entered the room. Jaeyeon was sleeping. Minji ended up tearing up and Sungyeol hugged her. Sehun couldn’t believe he was seeing her in such a vulnerable state. Myungsoo’s heart started to hurt. Woohyun and Sungjong felt sorry.

“We shouldn’t wake her.” Woohyun whispered.

“Yeah… let’s go.” Sungyeol lead Minji out. Woohyun and Sungjong followed.

Sehun and Myungsoo were just standing there. It was silent for awhile. Myungsoo didn’t want to leave and Sehun didn’t want to leave either.

“I’ll stay.” They both said.

“No, I’ll stay.” They both said again.

“Don’t you hate her?” Myungsoo asked.

“I thought you had feelings for no one. Mr. L Kim Myungsoo.” Sehun countered.

“L. Let’s go, we can visit her tomorrow after school maybe she’ll be awake by then.” Sungyeol popped his head back into the room.

Myungsoo glared at Sehun for two seconds before he left.

“Pfft. That’s right.” Sehun said to himself.

 He brought the chair over to Jaeyeon’s bed.

“I told you, you weren’t strong enough. Can you stop thinking so stubbornly and just accept help from the others, from me?” Sehun fell asleep in the chair.

 

This time everyone wanted to go see Jaeyeon. Minji and the rest of Infinite arrived at the hospital.

“Do you think she’s awake?” Woohyun asked.

As they walked in Sehun and Jaeyeon were glaring at each other.

“ARE YOU STUPID TO HAVE RAN INTO AN ALLEYWAY WITH THREE GUYS CHASING YOU?!” Sehun raised his voice at Jaeyeon.

“UM EXCUSE YOU. I KNEW WHERE I WAS GOING I JUST RAN INTO THE WRONG PLACE OR ELSE I WOULD’VE ESCAPED. I HAD A PLAN ANYWAY.” Jaeyeon yelled back.

“SERIOUSLY? WHY DON’T YOU CALL ONE OF US BEFORE YOU HEAD OFF TO A PLACE YOU DON’T KNOW ABOUT?”

“WELL. I CHECKED MY PHONE SO THE MAP OF INCHEON WAS INACCURATE.” Jaeyeon was getting irritated.

Sehun rubbed his temples. “Oh my goodness. When will you ever learn?! There are just some things you aren’t capable of doing. This being one of them.”

“I’m capable of doing a lot of things Sehun.” Jaeyeon responded.

“No. You’re not. You know you’re not. Do you know how worried I was? Do you know how worried the Exo members were when they heard you were in the hospital? DO YOU KNOW KRIS AND SUHO WANTED TO FLY OUT FROM AMERICA JUST TO SEE IF YOU’RE ALRIGHT?!” Sehun told her.

Jaeyeon softened a bit. “Sehun… stop.”

“NO. I WILL NOT STOP. YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND JAEYEON.”

Myungsoo came in and grabbed Sehun’s arm.

“Hey. Quit yelling at her.” He said coldly.

Sehun glared at Myungsoo. “Don’t in.”

“Jaeyeon’s not feeling well Sehun, just leave her alone. This is from me and Sungyeollie” Minji came and gave Jaeyeon flowers.

 “Thanks Minji.” Minji smiled at Jaeyeon. “No problem. Get well soon okay? I love you.” Jaeyeon nodded.

There was still an awkward tension between Sehun and Myungsoo.

“Sehun… I’m..” Jaeyeon started to say.

“Forget it. I’m out of here.” Sehun walked out of the room.

“Sorry…” Jaeyeon finished quietly.

“You don’t have to be sorry.” Myungsoo said.

Jaeyeon was feeling down now. She didn’t think that Sehun was going to be so worried and mad at her. Why was he mad and worried anyway? He usually didn’t even care about  her and what she does in the first place.

“Jaeyeon! I bought you chocolates. I hope you like chocolates.” Sungjong gave Jaeyeon a box.

“Thanks Sungjong.”

“Hoya, Dongwoo and I got you a bear so you wouldn’t feel lonely in this room.” Sunggyu gave Jaeyeon a big bear.

“Thank you guys.”

“I brought you food!” Woohyun handed her a bag.

“Thanks Woohyun.

“Well we all hope you feel better Jaeyeon!” Jaeyeon gave them a small smile and they all left except for Myungsoo.

Jaeyeon and Myungsoo just looked at each other. “Why’d you go?” Myungsoo said in almost a whisper.

“I had to Myungsoo. If I didn’t do it they would go after Minji and you know I can’t let that happen.”

“Why didn’t you ask us about DBSK or Incheon? We could’ve helped.”

Jaeyeon shook her head. “I have a reputation Myungsoo. I’m in Exo.”

Myungsoo sighed. “Jaeyeon, it’s not just about Exo. It’s about you too; you should care more about your well being.”

“Myungsoo. If you’re going to just stay here and lecture me then save it. Sehun already did most of it. I get it okay.” She was beginning to get irritated again.

“I’m sorry. We were just worried.”

“I know but you don’t have to be.” Jaeyeon replied.

Myungsoo stayed with her. They didn’t really say much because Jaeyeon fell asleep after the doctor gave her medicine. Myungsoo was just staring at her sleeping. He was confused about his feelings. Did he like her? Or was it just that he’s worried about her? Would she ever like him back? He never had feelings for anyone before.

 

  In America.

“I WANT TO GO SEE LAN!” Tao whined to Kris.

“We all do…” Kris replied to him.

“We should go.” Said Yixing.

"I agree." Luhan walked in. 

 

Seung hyun was sitting in his office. “So the best member of Exo finally went to the hospital. Interesting. Everyone is probably going to start talking now. The others better be on top of things.” 

 

subscribe and comment! ^^ I hope you guys enjoy the update. Sorry I've been updating rather slow. T_T