「 미안합니다 」*myungsoo's story pt.6

「 미안합니다 」*i am sorry.

myungsoo's story

 may eighth twenty ten 

I was starting to get pissed off at this. I glared at the back of Jiyeon's head as if I was trying to send mental threats for her to stop. Class representative Jieun, like a naive little girl, stood up from her seat with Jinri following suit. A snide smile appeared on Jieun's lips, and she let out a loud scoff, however it was Jinri that spoke up.

"Just because we've been lenient towards you, you think you can come up to us and hand us your stupid script??" She asked loudly. At this point, I expected the brunette to take the notebook and fling it back at Jiyeon or maybe throw it on the ground and step on it like the typical stereotype. However to my surprise, and fear, Jieun instead held out her hand to take the notebook.

"Obviously Jiyeon needs assurance that her script is a piece of crap. So let's just give it to her." Jieun said listlessly. Jiyeon on the other hand had a small smile on her face, only to hide it as she quickly turned to stare at the ground. 

As if I was going to let her do this. Was I the only person that saw the connection between that notebook and the deaths? Maybe I was just being overly suspicious, but after my last conversation with Sungyeol on the phone, I knew that Jiyeon's notebook was dangerous. Standing up from my seat, I quickly went up to the three girls and immediately slapped the notebook out of Jieun's hand.

"Don't touch that notebook." I seethed, giving Jieun my trademark ice prince glare, immediately causing her to stiffen and back away. Then I turned my attention to Jiyeon, without saying a word, I grabbed her wrist roughly and dragged her out of the classroom and into a quiet area in the school courtyard.

---

"I don't know what you're doing, or even HOW you're doing it, but are you trying to kill every single student in our class?!" I fumed, my hand still tightly clenched around her wrist so she couldn't run away. I wasn't afraid of this creepy girl. Okay maybe a bit. What if she cursed me afterwards? In any case, I pushed that thought aside.

I expected her to feign innocence, but instead she returned my glare with an empty grin. "I want to kill Jieun." She said blankly, forcefully pulling her wrist out of my grip, then crossing her arms.

"You're a murderer." I said monotonously. I had no idea how I was able to stay so calm after hearing her confession of wanting to kill a classmate.

"Prove it." Jiyeon replied instantly.

I was slightly taken aback by her quick statement. She unflinchingly stared back at me, a mocking smirk still etched on her face.

"That notebook...I don't know if it's some cursing tool...or...death note, but..." I said, stumbling over my words, growing incoherent. I started to feel like an idiot hearing the words coming from my mouth, but I had no idea how else to phrase my suspicions.

Instead of laughing at me or denying my outrageous claim, she merely grinned. "Do you believe that words can kill?" She muttered, her eyes falling on me. 

"Words that can kill...?" I repeated, thinking deeply of what she said. "Like a curse?" 

The girl didn't answer me, as if prompting me to answer the question myself.

"So what? Every single problematic situation you come by, you're just gonna kill them off?! How long do you plan to do this?!" I spat out, getting tired of her cryptic statements.  

"I'm dying." She replied. When I didn't respond, she took that as a sign to continue. "I only have a few months more to live."

"Then I hope you die soon." Was I supposed to feel sympathy towards this girl? Hah. Don't make me laugh. This girl in front of me somehow killed my best friend. She was lucky that I didn't even land my fist into her face. Her expression at my statement didn't change, instead of looking sad or lonely, she looked unreadable. Then her lips turned into a small smile. 

"I hope so too." Jiyeon said with another disturbing expression on her face, her smile widening. So this was what protagonists felt like when they realized the enemy had some kind of trick up their sleeve. I pushed this thought aside, not wanting her to notice that she had caught me off guard. Luckily, I didn't have to say anything because she continued. 

"Did you know, curses only grow stronger with the death of the originator. The way of death matters too. If it's...by murder or mutilation, the curse gets even more powerful." She said with glee. 

"Then it's too ing bad that you're gonna die in the hospital due to natural causes." I replied nonchalantly and continued, "I don't care about your curse. As long as I burn your damn notebook no one else will read it. As much as I hate school, I don't want my classmates to be dead." 

"I didn't ask anyone to read the notebook. Sooji was an idiot, reading my script before I was done. Sungyeol's curiosity killed him. And..." However she quickly stopped and it seemed like she was stifling a laugh.

"And?" I repeated, my frustration rising. 

She looked like she was about to respond, only to chang her mind and say something else. "If you want to stop me, why don't you try to find some words that can save lives?" Jiyeon whispered. 

"Or, I could just break your hands so you'll never write again." I was getting tired of talking to her and I began turning away from her to walk back to class. This concluding statement was my personal threat to her. Who knew if I could actual break her fingers if I caught her writing? I just hoped that she saw that I wasn't fooling around. However, as I was walking away, I heard a soft giggle from behind me.

"Did you forget something when you dragged me out here, Myungsoo?" She murmured. I stiffened at the sound of my name, her words dripping with derision and ridicule. My body went numb and that's when I realized...

I had left the notebook in class.

Sprinting at top speed, I bolted back to the classroom.

My eyes scanned the floor.

Nothing.

It wasn't there anymore.

Then I saw it. In the hands of another classmate. 

A few moments later, Jiyeon entered the classmate, her eyes glued on the floor. Looking up, she saw another girl clutching on to the book. Soft giggles could be heared as she turned back to the ground.

"I guess Jinri's next." She muttered as she passed me. 

"But I wonder who'll die first." Jiyeon finished, letting a small giggle escape her lips.