Connections

The Other Man [Hiatus]

“See you tomorrow…” Dara called out to her colleagues as she left the Baskin Robbins outlet.

She stuffed her hands into her coat pocket and blew cold air out of . Zico hadn’t called her for the whole day and she was starting to get pissed off, also the excitement of wanting to tell him about her audition had died down.

Dara’s phone rang in her bag as she fished it out, peering at the screen. It was Zico.

“Oh NOW he calls me..” Dara thought to herself as she slid her finger across the screen to answer the call.

“What is it?” she snapped.

“Nuna….I’m sorry I couldn’t call you the whole day…” he apologized.

“There are no excuses…when you say you’re going to call me later..you call later, not when the day is ending!”

“Nuna…I’m sorry…I was busy with stuff and B-bomb hyung..”

“I told you there are no excuses…exactly who is more important to you?! Your gang or me!” Dara was getting frustrated already.

“Nuna please! I told you not to bring that up again…”

Dara gave an exasperated sigh as she tried to clam down.

“Are you coming by tonight? I’ve got something to tell you.” She said.

There was silence for a moment, after which Zico spoke.

“Nuna…I…can’t tonight…maybe I won’t be able to meet you for a while..can’t you tell me over the phone.”

At that sentence Dara could not control herself as longer.

“Fine! Stay with your gang then!! Now I know who is more important! I have an important audition for a role in a drama and I can’t even celebrate it with my boyfriend!! Forget it okay!? I’m done!” she lashed out at Zico as she pulled the phone off her ear and jammed her finger onto the off button.

Dara sighed angrily as she shoved her phone into her bag.

She doubted if Zico could even make it for her auditions.

“Nuna! Nuna!” Zico shouted over the phone but Dara had already hung up.

He sighed as he kicked a nearby trashcan, he knew he had to quit the gang soon or else he’ll lose Dara…forever.

“Hyung, we gotta go….B-bomb hyung’s waiting.” PO said, tapping Zico on his shoulder.

Zico nodded as he followed PO to the van, they were going to the club tonight. It was one of the clubs in Hongdae that B-bomb owned and tonight was the night the new shipment of “ice” was coming in.

Dara knew she shouldn’t get angry with Zico, after all she was the older and more mature one, but she couldn’t help it. She was tired of the life she was living, she wanted someone who could take care of her, someone who she didn’t have to keep worrying about. Sometimes she wondered what it would be like if she had dated an older man. But Zico wasn’t just any other guy to her, he was someone who was always there for her when she had no one. Someone who protected her no matter what, her life savior, her guardian angel….and she was not prepared to lose him….at least not right now.

Zico shoved his phone into his pocket angrily, he had got the voicemail on Dara’s phone again. He was angry at himself for disappointing his Nuna, he was angry at himself for allowing her to get this way. He needed to think of a way to leave the gang now, no matter what the consequences were he had to do it.

“You okay?” Kyung asked, giving Zico’s shoulder a light squeeze.

“Fine.” Zico replied, he was contemplating if he should let Kyung know about his plan to leave the gang. It wasn’t that he didn’t trust Kyung, he was his best friend…the only one he trusted the most. But this wasn’t just anything..it was leaving the gang and getting Kyung involved just seemed selfish.

“Just had a little tiff with Dara that’s all.” Zico replied.

Kyung nodded thoughtfully. “If you need anything just let me know all right?” he said.

Zico gave Kyung a grateful smile, it just made him feel better to know that he wasn’t alone.

The boys piled off the van one by one, it was already nightfall and the queue of clubbers were already forming outside the club.

B-bomb put on a smug smile as he led the boys to the front of the line, winking at girls as he passed by them.

“Boss.” The bouncer greeted as he lifted the barrier so they could enter.

The boys walked through the crowd of dancing clubbers engulfed in neon lights and throbbing dance music to a VIP room at the back.

B-bomb pulled open the black and gold door and strode towards the dark velvet red armchair, sitting down and plopping his legs onto the table.

“Taeil, do you have the suitcase with you?” he asked.

“It’s right here.” Taeil replied, placing the black suitcase onto the table.

B-bomb carefully turned the numbers on the lock as the suitcase snapped open, he smirked as the smell of money drifted past his nose.

Everything was in order.

“Kyung, Zico…wait outside, the Jade Dragon gang will be here anytime soon. We don’t wanna be bad hosts do we?” B-bomb order.

Zico and Kyung nodded towards B-bomb as they left the room. A few moments later, a group of men dressed in white suits were led towards the room by two employees of the club.

“We’re here to see B-bomb.” The man who was standing in the center spoke.

“We’ll have to check you first.” Zico said, it was the procedure that anyone who wanted to see B-bomb had to be checked if they were carrying any dangerous weapons.

The men lifted up their arms as Zico and Kyung checked their jackets.

Zico and Kyung nodded at each other to signal that it was clear.

“This way.” Zico said, as he pulled open the door.

They followed the men inside as Zico closed the door behind them.

“You’re here.” B-bomb said, as he stood up from his seat.

“B-bomb….we’ve heard a lot about you.” The man spoke.

“Take a seat.” B-bomb smiled, directing him to the couch.

“You’re not the boss are you?” B-bomb started.

“It’s insulting that your boss doesn’t want to see me in person, is he shy or something?” B-bomb smirked sarcastically.

“B-bomb hyung….you know it’s not like that, boss doesn't show himself unless it’s absolutely necessary. He is very busy you know with the business and everything.” The man said as he defused his cigarette on the ashtray.

“Please don’t take it as an insult.” He finished.

B-bomb chuckled as he lit the cigarette he was holding in his mouth.

“So…let’s talk business shall we?” he said.

The man nodded as one of his subordinates passed him a black suitcase. He opened the lock and opened the suitcase, turning it to face B-bomb.

B-bomb’s eyes lighted up like a kid looking at candy as he stared at the packets of silver crystal in the suitcase.

“You have the cash don’t you?” the man asked.

“Of course.” B-bomb smirked, as he motioned for Taeil to bring him the suitcase.

“100 Million Won….cold hard cash…” B-bomb said, holding up a stack.

“But first, I need to examine the goods.”

B-bomb took up a packet and held it up under the light, they were real alright.

B-bomb closed the suitcase of money as he stood up and raised his hand out for a handshake.

“Pleasure doing business with you.”

“The pleasure is mine.” The man smiled as they exchanged suitcases.

“Drinks on me tonight!!” B-bomb announced, as he threw a packet of the drugs to PO who caught it.

“Go drink yourself silly and get some girls!!!” he said, as he started laughing.

Zico sighed as he left the room, immediately going towards the bar and ordering himself a drink.

He just wanted to drink his sorrows away.

“Hey handsome, care to buy me a drink?” the voice of a girl sounded as she wrapped her arm around Zico’s shoulder.

Zico squinted up at the girl, she was dressed in a tight fitting hot pink mini dress and had long dark brown hair.

“Go find someone else.” Zico said frustratedly as he pushed the girl’s hand off his shoulder.

His vision was kind of blurry from the alcohol and his head was throbbing because of the loud music. He wasn’t really interested in girls at all…unless it was his Dara Nuna.

“Did you have a bad day….let me drink with you unnhh?” she whined as she wrapped both her arms Zico’s body now and tried to sit on his lap.

“Get off!!” Zico shouted, as he pushed the girl and she stumbled to the ground.

“Yahh!!!” she screamed.

Zico just turned back to his drinks and continued puring them down his throat.

“What happened baby?” a guy who was probably her boyfriend appeared and helped the girl up.

“Oppaaa…this guy tried to me.” She whined.

Zico closed his eye shut as he furrowed his brow, it was getting too noisy in here for his comfort.

“Hey you!! You tried to touch my girl!??” the guy shouted as he grabbed Zico’s collar, dragging him out of his seat.

“Hey!! I’m talking to you!!!”

Zico closed his eyes and turned his head to the side, the guy was spitting his saliva all over the place.

“Look, your girlfriend who you think is all innocent and sweet is the one that came onto me. You can’t even handle your girl properly and you wanna find trouble with someone else?” Zico said firmly as he pushed the guy’s hands off him.

“Mwo!??? This punk!!! What did you say???!!” He bellowed as he got his fist ready to throw a punch at Zico.

“Whoa….calm down guys!” Kyung said, appearing and standing in between Zico and the guy.

“Sorry man, my friend here…he’s just a little drunk.” Kyung explained.

The guy frowned at Zico, then turned to Kyung.

“Better not let me see him again or I’ll crush him into pieces!!!” the guy shouted.

“Yeah…sorry.” Kyung said, giving the guy a smile.

“Let’s go!” he said to the girl and dragged her off with him.

“Zico ya…” Kyung said, turning to Zico.

“I need to get some fresh air.” Zico said, grabbing his jacket and making his way out the door.

“Zico ya..” Kyung called after him as he followed Zico out the door.

As Zico was walking away, suddenly a group of guys appeared from behind a wall and surrounded them.

“Zi…” Kyung stopped as he saw the group of them advancing forward.

“Who are you, what do you want?” Zico questioned, he was really having a crappy day.

“If it’s about just now….we’re…” Kyung started but one of them stopped him.

“Where’s your boss?”

“Why do you want to see our boss?” Zico asked.

“He’s got something of ours….we want it back!” he said, cracking his knuckles.

Kyung gulped as he inched closer towards Zico, darting his eyes around.

“Zico ya….I think we better run.” He said.

“Take us to your boss before we kill you both!!!!” he bellowed, causing Kyung to jump a little.

“Zico, Kyung….what are you guys doing out here so early….you brought friends??” It was B-bomb, coming out of the club with PO and Taeil.

B-bomb stopped in his tracks as he realized who they were.

“Well well well, look who we have here…” the guy said as he moved forward.

“Give us the suitcase if you don’t want any bloodshed.”

“How did you know of our deal? The deal was exclusively made with the Jade Dragon gang…we paid them the money!!!” B-bomb retorted.

“Well, apparently our boss isn’t very happy with the deal…because he sent us to get the stuff back!” the guy said with a crooked smile.

There were about six others with him, all holding baseball bats and crowbars as weapons. There was definitely going to be lots of blood being shed today.

“If you want it, come and get it!” B-bomb smirked as he threw the case to Taeil.

The fight started as the guy with the baseball bat swung it at Zico, he ducked his head out of the way as he jammed his foot into the guy’s stomach, causing him to tumbled backwards.

It was a mess now and the leader was attacking B-bomb, he punched the leader in the face and threw him to the ground, groaning. As he was about to turn away, the guy pulled out a knife and started to run towards B-bomb.

“B-bomb hyung!!” Zico called out as he ran towards the man, narrowly stopping the knife from piercing into B-bomb gut with his arm.

Zico frowned as the pressure pushed the knife deeper into his skin, he was bleeding now.

In a split second, he grabbed the knife from the guy’s hand and kicked him in the stomach sending him fling backwards to his companions.

“Go Hyung!! We’ll take care of the rest!!” Zico told B-bomb who was still recovering from the shock of his near death escape.

B-bomb nodded as he took off running with Taeil who was carrying the suitcase with the drugs inside.

“Zico ya!” Kyung called, running over to Zico.

He face was pale now due to the amount of blood he was loosing and he was in pain.

The three boys fought off the guys with all they could, but there were just too many of them.

“Zico ya….there too many of them, we needa make a run for it!” Kyung said, as he grabbed Zico’s arm.

“Come on! Now’s our chance!” He said, pulling Zico along.

Zico nodded as he threw the guy he was beating up to the ground and they took off into the distance.

Zico’s sweat stung his eyes as Kyung pulled him along, blood was dripping from the wound on his arm and he was limping because one of them had shattered his knee cap with the baseball bat.

At the side of it all, someone was watching them from a black Mercedes. He had the face of an Ulzzang, with huge glassy eyes and a structured nose, he had short dark brown hair with bangs and long at the sides and back. He was wearing a white shirt and black pants with a long black jacket with fur at the collar.

Jaehyo sighed as he turned his head away from the window.

“Why is it that I always hire useless s who can’t get the job done properly.” He thought as he adjusted his hair in the reflection of the rear view mirror.

“Let’s go.” He told the driver, who nodded and drove off.

 

A/n: Sorry for not updating for so long!! >< I was busy updating my other fic and I also had some kind of a writers block haha! Anyway! I introduced Jaehyo here! What do you think? :D