Impatient

The Other Man [Hiatus]

The sun shone through the curtains as it hit Zico’s face, he was on Dara’s bed curled up side ways like a cocoon, arms wrapped around the pillow.

Zico slowly opened his eyes, squinting at the sunlight and sitting up in the bed.

“Did I sleep here last night?” he thought to himself as he ran his fingers through his ash brown hair.

“Oh you’re up?” Dara’s voice sounded, as she appeared at the doorway holding a glass of juice.

“O..” Zico replied, pulling his black skinny jeans over his boxers.

“Go wash up and come out, I made breakfast.” Dara smiled, as she disappeared behind the wall.

Zico scrambled out of bed after pulling on his jeans and entered the bathroom. He rested his arms on the sides of the sink and he looked at his reflection in the mirror.

He ran the tap and splashed water against his face, he probably made out with Dara and then they slept here last night.

Swinging the white face towel with red hearts over his shoulder, Zico exited the bathroom and grabbed his phone.

There were about five missed calls all from Kyung.

“Dammit.” Zico said, to himself as he raised his phone to his ear.

B-bomb would probably throw a fit knowing that Zico didn’t go back to the dorm the whole night, he didn’t like any of the boys spending the night out without his permission. It was his way of exerting control, that he was the leader.

“Yahh Woo Jiho!!” Kyung’s voice sounded over the phone as Zico entered the main hall of the house.

“Where have you been?? B-bomb hyung is looking for you.”

“Ah…I’m at Dara Nuna’s house..” Zico replied, looking up at Dara who was laying the breakfast out on the table.

“You better get back here quickkk.” Kyung reminded.

“Yeah…arasso…I’ll leave now.” Zico replied.

“Who is it?” Dara asked as Zico shoved his phone into his jeans pocket.

“It’s Kyung…Nuna…I gotta go now…B-bomb hyung’s gonna fly into a rage soon.” Zico said as he grabbed a slice of toast and shoved it into his mouth.

“But you haven’t finished your breakfast!” Dara stated, widening her eyes at Zico.

She had woken up earlier just to prepare breakfast for Zico.

“I know..nuna..I’ll eat it all okay?” Zico said,grabbing the plate off the table.

Dara didn’t know what else to say as she watched Zico, she had wanted to have a good breakfast with him before walking with him to work.

Guess it wasn’t gonna happen now.

“I’ll call you later okay?” Zico said, as he pecked Dara on her cheek.

Zico gave Dara a last smile as he walked out of the door.

Dara watched Zico’s back as he left, sighing and plopping herself on the couch. Sometimes she wondered who was more important to Zico…her…or the gang?

“Taxi!” Zico called out as he extended his arm to stop the taxi by the road.

Running back to the dorm wouldn’t cut it, he had to appear in front of B-bomb right now.

The taxi pulled up into the front of the apartment, Zico quickly passed the taxi driver the money and ran up the steps of the apartment, three steps at a time.

He reached the door and realized he still had the plate from Dara’s house with him, so he shoved it into the shoe rack outside and pulled open the door.

The stares of the three boys all landed on Zico now as he strolled into the apartment, it was a tense atmosphere.

Taeil was shaking his head and PO pouted his lips, B-bomb was sitting on the couch facing the front, he didn’t even turn to look at Zico when he entered.

“Yah, where have you been!? B-bomb hyung’s mad now.” Kyung hissed into Zico’s ear.

Zico nodded at Kyung as he pushed him to the side, he was ready to face B-bomb.

“B-bomb hyung.” Zico greeted, as he walked closer to the couch.

“I thought you said you were gonna be back later?” B-bomb replied, adjusting the rings on his fingers.

“Sorry hyung, I got a little caught up….” Zico started, but then B-bomb suddenly started to laugh loudly.

“You’re getting more and more daring huh….not coming back to the dorm and all…” B-bomb said threateningly walking towards Zico.

Zico’s eye wavered as he made eye contact with B-bomb, but he had to stand his ground.

“Who knows what you might do next….are you conspiring out there with other gangs to betray me!?” B-bomb bellowed as he grabbed onto the collar of Zico’s shirt.

“No…hyung…Nothing like that hyung!” he replied defensively.

“Better not be!” B-bomb shouted as he shoved Zico towards the clothes rack, which came crashing down to the ground together with Zico.

Zico sighed as he pushed himself up from the ground, Kyung and PO running over to help him.

“And remember what I told you….there’s no such things as love and those kinds of relationships for us gangsters….you best be careful.” B-bomb finished as he went into his room and slammed the door behind him.

“Zico ya…are u all right?” Kyung asked, looking at Zico with concern.

“hyung…” PO spoke.

Taeil clicked his tongue as he shook his head. “B-bomb’s right you know…..gangsters like us shouldn’t fall in love it will only bring trouble.”

“Taeil hyung…” PO protested, but Taeil had already walked into his room.

“I’m fine.” Zico said, shrugging Kyung and PO off.

He was tired of B-bomb treating him like he owed his life to him….he was still a person…he didn’t deserve to be treated this way.

“Zico ya…what are you going to do about Dara Nuna..?” Kyung asked.

Zico frowned, a lot was going through his mind right now he hasn’t told anyone he was going to leave the gang yet, not even Kyung.

“Zico ya..” Kyung repeated, squeezing Zico’s shoulder.

“Just….I need to think, leave me alone right now okay?” Zico replied frustratedly, raising his hand.

“If you say so.” Kyung replied as he turned to walk away, pulling PO with him.

Zico sighed as he laid back on the couch, he knew he wanted to leave the gang but he didn’t know how.

Dara sighed as she pulled her handphone out of her jeans pocket, Zico said he would call her after he reached the dorm but she didn’t receive any call yet.

She was tired of always worrying for his safety, she was also tired of waiting for him to leave the gang. Even though she knew it wouldn’t be easy for Zico…she wanted to be selfish and make Zico choose.

It was either her or the gang.

Just then, Dara’s phone started ringing in her hand.

She quickly looked at the screen, but it wasn’t Zico.

There was a look of disappointment on her face as she picked up the call.

“Yoboseyo?” It was an unknown number.

“Hello is this Sandara Park?” a man’s voice sounded.

“Yes this is Sandara, who is calling?”

“Hi Miss Park, I’m calling from TvN agency…we’ve seen your etude house CFs.”

Dara smiled a little, maybe it was a call for an audition. Getting the etude house CF was already a dream come true for her, but she dreamt of bigger things…like becoming an actress.

“We’re thinking of coming up with a new drama soon and we think you might fit the role of the female lead, would you like to come down for an audition?”

Dara squealed in delight as she heard what the man had to say, it was her big break.

“I would love to! Where are the auditions?” she asked excitedly.

“The auditions will be in three weeks time at TvN building, we hope to see you there Miss Park…and do fill in our audition form online at our website.”

“Yes I will…omo..thank you!”

“You’re welcome Miss Park.” The man finished as Dara hung up.

There was a wide grin on her face now, she wanted to immediately let Zico know of the good news.

“Jeogiyo…” there was a customer waiting to be served.

“Oh Mian…I’ll be right there!” Dara replied as she kept her handphone and skipped over to the ice cream fridge still with a smile on her face.