Bound to you

Bound to you

Young girl don’t cry
I’ll be right here when your world starts to fall
Young girl it’s alright
Your tears will dry, you’ll soon be free to fly

 

It's such an awkward moment when you wake up in the middle of the night, not knowing why. Pulled out of her dreamless night by something she just couldn't figure out, Yuri had just opened her eyes, blinking at the dark. The silence was like fulfilling her ears, almost beating inside her the way her heart would do. That calm, tranquil weirdness of this moment was pinning her between her sheets in shock, though she knew she couldn't remain motionless for all time. She just needed some time before making up her mind on what to do next.

Little by little, her eyes got used to the darkness around her. To be honest, the bedroom wasn't that dark. For unknown reasons, YoonA asked her not to shut the curtains tonight, before going to bed, as she usually does. Now that she was awake in the middle of the night, this will looked odder than before but at the same time, it looked like something made up by destiny. As if waking up suddenly was some kind of fate she couldn't escape at all. Something which lead her to a change in her life. Why was she feeling this way? That was somewhat odd as well.

A slight light coming from the moon was now clear to her eyes, reaching out her face through the window, almost invisible ray suspended in the air. Yuri pulled her hand out of the sheets and tried to touch the beam. As she guessed so, her skin hit nothing else then atmosphere. Feeling suddenly stupid, she stared at her own hand for a while, wondering how on earth did she do such a silly action. The mood was so special... There was something about this night. Maybe that came from the moonlight, the silence... Maybe she was still dreaming, in fact.

Unsure of what she would do then, she made up her mind and sat on her bed. On her right, in her own tiny bed, YoonA was sleeping, curled like a baby, her chest silently rising and falling on regular motions. Yuri smiled to herself. Just watching her best friend sleeping so peacefully made her come back on earth. She wasn't dreaming at all... But still... She couldn't understand the reason why she opened her eyes yet, so quickly taken out of her sleep. And she just couldn't understand why she wanted so hard to find a reason for that. Something was resounding in the back of her mind. There must be a reason.

That's when something caught her attention.

It was nothing important or so it seemed. Just some kind of muffled noise coming from another room. Could she really have heard something so subtle? Just like a sigh or maybe a whisper... Some kind of low whimper as tenuous as the wings of a butterfly brushing a flower... Yes, it might have been some trick of her own mind. But it was too late. Now the curiosity had taken over her. She had to check out whether her mind was playing with her sanity or not... She had to check out if this really destiny was hiding behind her late night awakening.

Sensually stretching out her numb body, she pulled herself out of the bed in laziness, forgetting to slip her toes in her sleepers. The floor was shocking cold for a night so warm... Surprisingly cold. She waited a few seconds, the wood with the heel of her feet, not having a care about any splinter... And this muffle sound was heard again, still as light as the first one. It seemed to be coming from another bedroom, close to hers. Hyo Yeon's?

Now the curiosity was at its maximum. Which kind of destiny could it be? Though Yuri had a little apprehension about it, she knew she would never had such a chance to receive such a gift from above. Getting up, she left the bedroom on her tippy toes, careful not to bother YoonA's fragile sleep. She froze, scared, for a few seconds, as the door knobs was grinding despite her wise motions. Doing her best so the door won't grind again by getting opened in discretion -cause she knew it always was when we were the wiser that discretion was the lower- she left the room after she slipped her thin body between the tiny space she created between her and the door frame.

Compared to the warmth of the room, the threshold seemed much more cooler. Slightly chilling, Yuri squeezed her arms around her own shoulders and, a little tensed, walked to the door at her left, where the muffled noise sounded clearer. She never meant to get into the bedroom... All she wanted was to identify that noise, but once she was at the door, her heart started to knock into her chest, faster than expected. What was this brand new feeling? She didn't know and she suddenly wasn't that sure she wanted to know. Maybe it was possible to go against destiny, if this really was destiny which had her waking up late at night, sneaking out of her own room to face the one of Hyo Yeon... Her hands felt a little sweaty, now and was dry. She stared at the door, hesitant, waiting for a sign, any sign... Something which would help her to make up her mind about what to do. Shall she come in? Wouldn't she regret it forever? And what if she went back in her room? Wouldn't she regret it forever, either?

Slowly, she stepped closer and put her to hands on the wood of the door. Sticking her ear against it, Yuri closed her eyes in expectation. She was expecting for this sign, almost desperately, yet unaware of how desperately she was expected. And then it went again... The sound. This time, it was more than clear. It was the first time she was ever eavesdropping but at the sound, Yuri felt her heart squeezed and thought maybe she'd better go and try to eavesdrop before. The muffled sound was the one of someone sobbing. Was it SeoHyun or was it Hyo Yeon? Yuri just couldn't tell... The only way to know would be enter and check it out by herself. But she wasn't too sure about doing such a thing. That may be taken like intrusion in the case where the girl was awake. Matter of fact... Could really someone sob in his sleep?

Yuri stepped back and once again, stared at the door, waiting for another sign. Now it was about coming in or not... If this was really an appointment with her own destiny, then there might be a sign, for sure. That's how something her. There already had been a sign. Here she was in front of that door while everyone but her was sleeping, awaken by she didn't know what. From the beginning, she knew it, if she opened her eyes, it was for a reason. Coming into this room to comfort one of her band mate was this reason. Someone behind this door, in this bedroom, needed her and nobody else but her. It was the sign she was expected, right from the start.

She wiped away her sweaty hands against the fabric of the nightgown and slowly opened the door. Just like when she stepped out of her own bedroom, Yuri only let a little space between the door and the frame and slipped herself through the crack. The bedroom was as warm as hers was and Yuri felt the difference of temperature once again. This time, she didn't chill at all. Oddly, the unease she had felt in front of the door just disappeared once she stepped into the room. Now she was overwhelmed with a different sensation as if she was in charge of an important mission which requires her unique skills.

On the left bed, her silky brown hair spread on the pillow, SeoHyun was sleeping, with her fists tight next to her face, her arms folded close to her body, covered by the sheets. Something else Yuri as she watched the peaceful sleep of the maknae... Her figure was cutting itself clearly in the soft beam offered by the generous moon. The curtains weren't shut, there too. For sure, this was destiny which led her steps until this room. But it wasn't to watch at SeoHyun destiny had decided to play his special melody, tonight. Tonight, it was for something else, highly more important.

Turning to the right bed, Yuri discovered Hyo Yeon, apparently sleeping, but her figure was far different of the maknae's calm and peaceful one. Lying on her back, her body looked like slightly shaken by weak spasms, sheets pushed on the side. There was no doubt about the one sobbing in the room. And despite what she might have thought at the first place, people could possibly sob in their sleep. Here was a perfect proof... And this proof was breaking Yuri's heart away. She had never realized it so hard than right now... Seeing Hyo Yeon suffering was highly unbearable for her.

She squeezed her own fists and bit her lower lip, stopping some tears of her own to fall as well. There was no use of her sobbing silently, even in sympathy... This wasn't why she made all this way until here.

Even if it was a hard vision to handle, she had to do something and she knew it. Getting her whole bravery together, Yuri deeply breathed out and stepped closer to the bed. Kneeling in front of her, she gently took the sheets and covered Hyo Yeon's suffering body back. Motherly, she tucked the bed... Motherly? She tried hard to deny it but in her motions, there was more than a simple motherhood, an affection that was way different... But there was no need to put a name on it, even if naming things could be a way to make it real. Inside, she knew it was real and this was more important for her than speaking out loud.

Now covered back, her tiny shaking body calmed down a little, as if aware of the warm and soft presence close to her. But her lovely face was still streaked by the tears she was pouring... Yuri couldn't tell what was the reason why she was crying while sleeping, visibly holding a heavy pain inside of her, a pain she couldn't find a way to release because no matter what, she wanted to be strong in front of them all, always careful about worrying none of the eight other girls. But no matter what was the reason... She couldn't guess and there was no way she would wake Hyo Yeon up to ask her why she was sobbing in her sleep, especially that she'd have to explain her own presence in the room. All she could do was comfort her the best she could and make her understand through her comfort the depth of her feelings... Make her understand no matter what, she'll always be there for her.

As softly as possible, Yuri wiped away the tears on her face, patient, protective, affective... She wanted to dry them completely, to make sure no tear would ever roll down her cheeks, though she knew she would never have such a power on her. But she wished she could... Sincerely. She really wished it could be true. But there was one thing Yuri was sure about... Even if she couldn't stop her from crying again, she could make sure so she would stop crying right now. Maybe this wasn't destiny which led her here tonight, after all... But whatever it was, she was glad to have this chance to do something for her. Something special.

Yuri left the floor she still was kneeling on and climbed on the bed instead. Sitting beside Hyo Yeon in the tiny space left on her right, she caught both her wrists and brought her into her embrace. She never woke up... but her arms held tighter against Yuri's body, her wet cheeks rubbing softly against her stomach. her hair, she was singing a little lullaby, in a low voice, almost inaudible. “Young girl, don't cry, I'll be right here when your world starts to fall...”

Yuri couldn't be sure Hyo Yeon would hear her voice through her sleep but soon, her tears ran dry and instead, her breath became regular. But Yuri didn't quit her hair, in the silence of that room which wasn't hers, with the moonlight surrounding them. It seemed like time had stopped... How she wished she could lie by her side, simply holding her in her arms wrapping her with a warmth, comforting though the night. But this was impossible. The magic of the moment would have broken as soon as the daylight would start to appear. It was a secret between the night and herself, a sweet yet a little melancholic secret she's keep preciously forever in her heart.

She would never forget that fulfilling and wonderful sensation of being finally complete she was feeling right now, right them. But no one had to know. Never.