Surrender

Thank You

 

“Give me a chance”

Siwon was quite tacking aback as he caught a glint of determination in Kyuhyun’s eyes that looked so sincere.

Actually Siwon had been through a lot since the accident that almost cost him his life. His father never intended to stop until he tried everything possible. But being the concern one, Siwon finally managed to convince him that this time would be the last. If after the current meeting, there was no surgery that would help him get back even ten percent of his hearing, Mr.Choi would give up and just live up to the fact that his son was going to be deaf as long as god permitted him to be.

“I’m sorry. I already told my father that today was his last chance. I’m not going under any other researches or experiments”

“It means I still have a chance then. You can convince your father to choose me?”

Maybe Kyuhyun was only this persistent to satisfy his ego. Maybe he only looked at Siwon as an experiment to improve his career. Maybe he was just looking for some money to collect. Or maybe, just maybe the young doctor really cared about Siwon and really wanted to help him. Siwon’s heart couldn’t help but flatter a bit at his last thought.

“I can’t do that. If you’re confident about your work, then maybe they’ll choose you”

“I see” Kyuhyun was disappointed because he didn’t think that they would let him do the surgery. He averted his sight to the floor while nervously playing with his entwined fingers.

Siwon could see the clear letdown written on the younger’s face as it was also clearly heard in his voice. He sighed before taking a step backward and was back to leaning on the wall, even though his eyes never left Kyuhyun.

“Would you have dinner with a deaf man Kyuhyun-ah?”

Kyuhyun’s eyes shot up at the sudden request but it didn’t fail to let a smile prick on his lips.

“It depends”

“On what?”

“Who’s asking”

“Let’s say … Me?”

“After I do the surgery … Then I would love to have dinner with you” Kyuhyun wasn’t going to give up that easily. He was already known for being too stubborn and snarky that he always get what he wants. And at that moment, he wanted two things. Doing the surgery to Siwon, and having Siwon.

Kyuhyun didn’t wait for the older to respond. He took a step forward appraching Siwon, and after leaving a quick peck on the latter's lips, he let his legs take him out of the bathroom and into the elevator, ready to head back to the hotel. He knew he would meet Siwon again and something in his gut was telling him that he would also be doing the surgery.

Two weeks later

“So this is it”

It had been a week since Siwon was admitted to the hospital to have the surgery, and it was finally time to see the outcome of it. 

The procedure went on as smoothly as Kyuhyun planned it to be. It didn’t take much scalping as it was simple but hopefully efficient.

...

FlashBack: A Week Ago

Kyuhyun was just getting out from his fourth surgery of the day. He was tired from his busy schedule, and the fact that he didn't get much sleep lately. Not since that day in LA. 

All he kept thinking of was Siwon's lips, Siwon's laugh, Siwon's dimples. Everything about Siwon. 

Actually when he left him that day, and after hearing from his chief that no doctor was chosing for the surgery, Kyuhyun was sure that Siwon would come around and come looking for him. Normally his gut is always right, so why not this time?

He sighed before walking to the reception to sign some papers, but as he walked closer, he caught a man asking about him. It didn't take long for Kyuhyun to know who that man was as a smirk planted on his face.

"It sure took you long enough" 

Between smugitty and the tingling feeling in his stomach that Siwon was in front of him, Kyuhyun forgot that the man was deaf. He cursed himself for his little misforget before taking another step closer and tapping the older's shoulder.

"Well, isn't this déjà vu!"  Siwon said as he turned around.

Oddly, he didn't look surprised at all. As he shot Kyuhyun one of his usual smiles that the latter missed so much, he took one step forward, reducing the space between them, not minding at all his surroundings. 

Kyuhyun was sure startled by Siwon's sudden move, but as much as that smile still had a deep effect on him, he wasn't going to repeat the airport incident.

"Well, well, well. Look who's here"

Siwon just laughed and let his arm rest on the younger's waist pulling him closer before whisepering in his ear...

"I'm here for that dinner" Kyuhyun smiled at that statement but he gently pushed the older away, just enough so he could capture his lips in a short yet demanding kiss. 

"Like I said. No dinner without surgery" Kyuhyun completely pulled away and took a few steps backward watching how Siwon's eyes closed in concentration before his hands raised in a surrender way.

"Fine. You can do whatever you want with me" Kyuhyun's eyes bulged out. He couldn't believe that Siwon was going to let him do the surgery. His eyes were glowing and his lips were widely smiling.

...

So here they were, gathered in Siwon’s room, ready to see the results as all that was left to do was remove the bandage from over Siwon’s ears. Kyuhyun was sure nervous more than Siwon himself, and to add to it, Siwon’s request was that Kyuhyun would be the one to take the bandage off.

So the young doctor nervously approached the bed and sat next to Siwon. He picked up a scissor and started to take off the bandage, but before taking the last layer of it, his sight travelled down to meet Siwon’s gaze.

The latter’s eyes had a slight glow in them that made Kyuhyun all the more nervous about the result. But the whisper like ‘it’s okay’ that the older managed to mutter, was kind of enough to make him breathe again even though not completely relax, because that wouldn’t happen until he could finally say something and Siwon to hear it.

...

Here it was. Siwon was free from anything that was blocking his ear drums, and he was at last going to either get his hearing back, or drown in yet another failure.

Kyuhyun slowly closed Siwon’s eyes with his palm, before leaning closer and whispering something in his ear…

The young doctor could feel Siwon’s body tense up, but he didn’t know if it was a positive or a negative response. All he could do was stay still in his place, his hand already reached for Siwon's and he was impatiently waiting for a sign. Just any sign that he was heard.

However, Kyuhyun tightened his grip on the older’s hand as he saw a single tear escaping the closed eye. His heart felt like breaking into pieces as more tears started to flow down.

Seeing him crying was by far the most painful thing Kyuhyun had ever experienced.

Siwon slowly opened his eyes letting the tears flow freely and hastily down his face, which only provoke Kyuhyun’s tears as well.

“I’m sorry … I’m sorry” was all that Kyuhyun could say at that moment. The whole room fell silent in an instant as a sad aura contained the place.

But then, Siwon reached for Kyuhyun’s nape and brought him into his embrace. He hugged him so tightly that Kyuhyun’s broking heart was probably bleeding by then.

Before long, Siwon managed to say “How about tonight?”  

Between all the crying, Kyuhyun didn’t get why Siwon was asking such a question. With eyes blurry from the tears, Kyuhyun pulled back from the hug and not until he looked at Siwon’s face and saw him smiling that he figured it out … It wasn’t a query. It was actually an answer for Kyuhyun’s earlier question.

“So how about that dinner now?”

...

Everyone in the room was dumbfounded, especially when Kyuhyun stood up and started jumping in his place. Up and down making Siwon laugh heartily at his childish behaviour.

Once he calmed down, he sat back next to him and asked ”Did it really work?”

Siwon nodded frantically before pulling Kyuhyun again into a tighter hug as he kept muttering

“Thank you … Thank you …”

“Thank you”

Both lying comfortably on their bed, still basking in the afterglow of their love making. Siwon turned his face to the side watching how the light from the candles that provided most of the illumination in the room, cast an almost golden glow on Kyuhyun's face.

“Would you stop saying it? I get it. You’re thankful”

“I would never get tired of saying it”

“It’s being three months Siwon”

“I’m just glad you never left my mind after that first day”

“Tsk even though it took you a week to come and find me”

”I was scared! I didn’t believe in words anymore”

“But I really meant it. Gladly you came around and I proved to you, to your father and to that damn expert that I didn't need a presentation afterall"

“Well you got the patient’s approval long before that, I just didn’t find the courage to look for you. I never thought I’ll hear again”

Kyuhyun flumped into his tummy, supporting his weight on his elbows. He cupped Siwon’s cheeks and leant down to press a gentle kiss on the older's lips.

“What is it with you that always makes me this irrational?”

“Irrational? You mean in love”

“That too. I was just fine before you got on my nerves that day at the airport, then the elevator, then the bathroom”

“Fine? Really? You should be thankful I came in to your life and spiced it up a bit” Siwon smiled as he pinched Kyuhyun’s cheek.

“Here it goes again”

“What?”

“The smile that got me here in the first place”

Siwon’s smile got even wider, increasing the size of the holes in his cheeks. He was very thankful for the day Kyuhyun came in to his life. Not only did he manage to bring back his hearing, but he also managed to bring love into his life. Something that he would never let go of, or ever replace.

“I love you” Kyuhyun breathed out as his fingers slowly trailed Siwon’s handsome face, a touch as light as a feather.

“Gosh how I LOVE hearing it” Siwon cupped Kyuhyun's hand and moved it to his lips, pressing a grateful kiss on its palm. He was sure happy about being able to hear those words coming from Kyuhyun. Not just the fact that the younger confessed them, but that he could really hear them.

“You’re going to keep hearing it a lot”

“I love you too BabyKyu. Thank you so much for walking into my life”

“Thank you for following me into the bathroom”

Siwon laughed at Kyuhyun’s weird yet true comment before rolling him over and hovering over him. He soon started showering him with butterfly kisses all over his body, each kiss came with a sincere 'Thank You'.

 

<< I would thank you from the bottom of my heart, but for you ... my heart has no bottom >>


-end-


So here it is
Thank you for all of your support ^^

See ya 
PS: Some of you are wondereing about Kyu's laptop,
well he did find it after he personally paid a visit to that aiport lady.