Introduction

Thank You

 

Kyuhyun was sure puzzled at the fact that the man who took his breath away was actually the patient. But as his mind rewound what happened during the two times that he met him, everything started to fall into place. First was the airport where he kept talking to him but the man didn’t respond, then the elevator when he stated that the stranger didn’t talk much and yet again didn't get a response. It definitely makes sense now!

So then when it was all clear, Kyuhyun’s nervousness was back and even more when that man was smiling at him … again. Apparently the latter wasn’t as surprised as Kyuhyun because he probably figured it earlier in the elevator since the floor they were in was only for this special meeting, so the latter might’ve already concluded that Kyuhyun was one of the choosing doctors.

Kyuhyun walked to the stand. He didn’t have his laptop but he was going to try his best to reach them with his words and wisdom. After taking a deep breath, he firstly started with presenting himself …

”Annyeonghaseyo. Cho Kyuhyun imnida. I’m an Audiologist from Seoul hospital and I’m here to present you my strategy for the patient’s surgery”

As much as he tried to focus, Kyuhyun’s eyes kept on averting to Siwon’s direction and so, letting the latter’s smile distract him. However, he knew he needed to be professional so he closed his eyes, inhaled and exhaled, then determinedly started the real speech. The one he had been working so hard on.

After half an hour of medical talk, Kyuhyun finally reached the end of his explanation. He was nervous to what the expert would say since it sounded boring without some visuals but again it was his damn luck’s fault.

“Mr.Cho. As much as your strategy is quite impressive, why are there no visuals? It sure would’ve helped a lot”

And here it was, the question that might ruin his whole idea.

“I’m sorry sir. But I had a little problem at the airport. My luggage had been switched and so I lost my laptop”

Kyuhyun’s palms were sweating and his breath clouded in his chest. Especially when that man, whispered something into his father's ear before speaking. And if nervousness didn’t kill him, than that man’s voice just did. 

“Kyuhyun-ssi, you know visuals are very important, right?” Crap! And Is he always smiling? Ughh this day is just getting better and better!

“Yes sir. I’m well aware of that. But as I mentioned it wasn’t something that I chose to do willingly. I know this is a bad excuse but if you took really notice in what I said you would realize that my procedure is quite simple and efficient and easy to understand”

Kyuhyun didn’t know where all that courage came from. However, not wanting to ruin his chances, he added

“I know you can’t believe in just words but if you give me a chance until I get my laptop back, I’ll show you everything in details and I assure you, you won’t regret it” The last sentence was mainly directed to the patient even though Kyuhyun was standing too far and the man probably couldn’t quite register it.

“We’ll let you know. You may leave the room”

Kyuhyun bowed before excusing himself from the room. Head hanged low, he dragged his legs away from the conference room and walked into the bathroom. He loosened up his tie and let the water wash away his failure as he splashed his face. But as he lifted his head to look in the mirror, someone was there leaning on the wall behind him, smirking.

“You scared me! What are you doing here?” Kyuhyun forgot for a second that the man was deaf. So when he realized it, he turned around and was about to repeat what he said again but was cut off.

“Looking for you” Kyuhyun was confused for a second as to how that man heard him, but the latter saw the question coming so he clarified it “I can read lips”

Kyuhyun's mouth exclaimed an O, quite impressed because not a lot of deaf people are that good with lips reading, but he soon cleared his throat and asked “So what do you want?”

“It’s Siwon by the way. My name is Siwon”

Why do I want to know your name? Tadhum ... What the hell is happening to me? And could you wipe off that smile from those damn rosy, hot lips ... 

Then, unexpectedly, Kyuhyun tiptoed letting his arms land on Siwon’s shoulder. Then with a swift move, he claimed the older's lips.

It was certainly not like Kyuhyun to do something like that but that man kept on getting on his nerves since the first time they met. Moreover, hearing Siwon’s voice and being drowned in that beautiful smile didn’t do him any good.

Not after his tongue was already tangling with Siwon’s, that he realized what he had just done. However, it was too late. 

As much as he, surprsingly, was enjoying the feeling of their lips joined together and how Siwon's tongue probed his soft lips and was freely roaming the inside of his cavern, he soon returned to his senses and pulled away, turning his back again on Siwon who was clearly surprised by the sudden act but not too shocked about it.

“Kyuhyun …” How Kyuhyun liked hearing his name from that man, it sounded delicate yet kind of tricky. Still recovering his breath, his eyes slowly rose up and were locked with Siwon’s through the glass.

“I’m sorry I don’t know what happened to me” 

He was sure right about that. Well, that definitely was Kyuhyun's first kiss in quite a while. But there was something about Siwon that always made him turn into this unreasonable, brainless man each time his eyes caught him. Kyuhyun didn't believe in that kind of affection at first sight, but that man just standing over there looking as handsome as Kyuhyun could never be, strangely managed to make something bloom in his heart.

“I’m not”

“Excuse me?”

Eyes not leaving the younger’s reflexion on the mirror, Siwon moved closer to the sink and stood next to the confused Kyuhyun.

“I’m not sorry for what you did. Because I was going to do the same anyway” That made Kyuhyun snap out and turn to face Siwon. There was confusion written all over his face and even more when Siwon was just smiling as if it was the most normal thing to do in the world was to kiss a total stranger in a hospital bathroom.

“Who are you?” Kyuhyun didn’t quite believe how his day was getting more and more messy.

“Like I said. Siwon”

“Yeah I heard that. But how can you just say something like that to a total stranger?” Kyuhyun snapped back at Siwon.

“I’m sorry but can you say that again but … slower?”

Kyuhyun was getting impatient. He was tired because he didn’t get much sleep worrying about this damn meeting and right then that hot stranger was getting on his nerves. He repeated what he said this time slower, but Siwon looking at his lips like that with too much intensity and focus even though it was only to understand what he was saying, it didn’t quite help the desire that was building up in the pit of his stomach.

“We already met before haven’t we?”

“Yeah like an hour ago, for a couple of minutes, at an elevator, where we didn’t even talk!” Kyuhyun was glad that his sarcasm would reach Siwon even more that his sentence was in a slow motion. 

“We met yesterday too”

What? He remembers me?

“Y-You remember?”

“Of course. You were too beautiful to ignore. I actually skipped you in line just to get a closer look at you”

“You what?” Kyuhyun’s head was feeling dizzy with too much information.

“Can you blame me?” The next move startled Kyuhyun. Siwon moved to stand behind him, putting his hands on each side of Kyuhyun's arms and motioning for him to look at himself in the mirror, as he whispered in his ear “Breathtaking”

Kyuhyun couldn’t help the slight twitch in his pants when Siwon’s warm breath nuzzled his ear, but why wasn’t he pushing him away or walking out of that place? He really had no clue.

“You really are a psycho” Even though it was a strong word, but the way Kyuhyun said it was clear in his tone that it wasn't meant to be taking as an offense.

“What? A psycho? I prefer to be called cheesy”

And once again Siwon managed to make Kyuhyun laugh. Between all of his work and busting his off in finding a way to cure this exact strange man and the fact that all of his efforts may go to waste, Kyuhyun didn’t have much time to laugh. But this Siwon guy, and with the most ridiculous comments of his, quickly made him forget everything and just laugh.

“You really are weird”

“I can’t be deaf and weird, can I?”

Siwon retrieved his hands and cross them over his chest, making Kyuhyun turn his body to face him. Unfortunately, he soon regretted it because he couldn’t help stare at the guy and not be fascinated by him.

“Don’t you have other meetings to attend to?”

“I already found my doctor”

Kyuhyun glared at the sacrastic tone and Siwon, who was obviously jocking in order to lighten up the mood because he didn't want to remember what was going on outside of that bathroom, knew that he couldn't run from that topic.

“I already told my father that I don’t want a surgery. I know there’s no hope for me. So ... ”

“But there is! If only I had my laptop with me I would’ve shown you” Kyuhyun retorted in a defensive way but it sounded more like he was ... worried?

“I seriously don’t want a surgery. My father is still living in hopes of me hearing again because I’m the heir and I would be the president of his company someday. I keep telling him that nothing would work but he keeps on wasting his energy and money to no avail”

Kyuhyun fell silent for a moment. It felt weird standing there and talking to a man he just knew an hour ago, because the young doctor wasn’t the type of a guy to act normally and be comfortable around a stranger. But oddly, he felt kind of flattered that Siwon was opening up to him even though they just met, plus the fact that his heart beat fast whenever he looked at him was enough reason to really want to help him.

Furthermore, Kyuhyun was confident about his procedure. He had some doubts the night before about its consequences, but at that moment after he knew who the patient was, after that hot kiss he just shared with him and mostly after hearing him speak about how he had enough of those trials, Kyuhyun couldn’t help but want to help him even more. Seeing lost hope in the older’s dark orbs, were enough to boost his confident back up. 

“Give me a chance”


-Tbc-