144 Roses

Skin Deep

144 pink roses may smell good and look nice for the first three hours or so. But after that, they just plain reek.

And they start to dry up and wilt, so instead of looking all fresh and full of promise, they start to remind you of - oh, let's say a television career that was once in full bloom but has suddenly shriveled up and died.

144 roses take up a lot of room too, like every flat surface in the apartment. So you can't even move around.

And then, of course, let's not forget who sent these roses: your annoying ex-boyfriend, who maybe your roommate's current boyfriend.

These were the thoughts of Yuri when she returned to the flower-strewn apartment on Saturday morning after a singing practice. She eyed the roses - HER roses - in contempt. She'd thrown them away if she could, but her roommate, Yoona (the maybe girlfriend of the rose-sender) insisted that the roses were hers. Yuri sighed. Stupid roses.

She picked up a fashion magazine and stared at a picture of a tall muscled handsome guy on the front cover. "Siwon..." Yuri started drooling. She had a crush on this guy since he appeared in a dirty shirt in the dining room. And she still have. But she had never talked to him before.

She glared at the roses. Why did her stupid ex-boyfriend sent her those? He already knew that she never thought of him anymore. It was a waste of money and time. Yuri snorted.

"Why are you snorting?" a voice interupted her thoughts. Yuri turned around. "Taeyeon unnie!" Yuri ran to her and hugged her tight. Taeyeon playfully shoved her away.

"Look," she said excitedly. "I just met this guy, this really hot and cute guy, his name's Leeteuk, and he asked me out for a friendly dinner!"

"That's great!" Yuri said happily. Her best friend was finally going out. "So, what's he like?"

"Well, he's got golden hair, great dimples, and a lovely smile! I nearly fainted when I saw him!"

"That's so fun! I wish you good luck at your dinner!"

"Yuri, what should I wear?"