We went on a radio show

We went on a radio show

 

In a radio station studio somewhere in the heart of Seoul…..

DJ: Welcome my lovely loyal listeners to “What’s it like to be really in love?”! This is your favorite love guru…..DJ KIM! So, let’s see, what do I have for all of you lovelies out there today? Hmmm…..what’s the date today? October the thirteen? Yes, it’s the thirteen day of October today! And if you are a Super Junior fan, you will know the significance of this day – 1013! Hey! Hey! Hey!

Intermittent music.

DJ: We have two special guests with us today. Can you guess who they might be? Doo do do doooo…..do! They are the reason these four numbers, 1 0 1 3 even exist!!! Yes! Yes! Yes! I can hear the squealing! Shall we let them introduce themselves?

CSW: Hello to everyone, Choi Siwon imida.

CKH: Hello, Cho Kyuhyun imida.

CSW+CKH: We are Super Juni-o!

DJ: Hahahaha! Yes, yes, welcome! Welcome!

CSW: Thank you for having us.

CKH: I always wanted to come onto this show.

DJ: Eh? Eh? Eh?

CKH: This show sounds like a lot of fun.

DJ: Why thank you! An idol listening into my show! Mom, did you hear that?! I’m famous now!

A scatter of laughter.

DJ: Ok, now that we got all the niceties out of the way, let’s get down to business!

CKH: Eh?

CSW: What have we got ourselves into? (laughs)

DJ: Trust me.

CSW + CKH: Ut oh….

DJ: Hehehe…..as you know, this is a show all about love. Real love, pure love. None of that canned stuff we seem to have floating around these days. It’s sad, big cold city, even the people’s hearts are cold. Ah ah, my guests are nodding in agreement.

CKH: Sounds good so far.

DJ: So, we know, or rather every ELF knows, the romance of our Superman, Siwon and his snarky maknae, Kyuhyun.

CKH: Hey ~ no fair!

CSW: (laughs)

DJ: 1013, what’s the significance of these four numbers in your relationship?

CSW: You want to share the story, baby?

CKH: Don’t baby m ~ aish!

DJ: What just happened? (laughs)

CSW: Kyuhyun is always complaining about me calling him ‘baby’. Really, he likes it when I do it, but it has become such a habit ~

CKH: I DO NOT! Stop calling me ‘baby’ or else!

CSW: Or else?

DJ: Wooooo ~

CSW: Or else what, baby?

CKH: Or else……else…..ARGH!!!!

CSW: As I was saying ~

DJ: Ahahaha…..let’s not digress…..

CKH: You sound nervous DJ-sshi. (Smirk)

DJ: Me? Nervous? Nooo, why would I be? (Nervous laugh)

CSW: 1013. Right, ok, I will answer that. (Coughs) It’s simply because I stand as the 10th member in Super Junior and Kyuhyun as the 13th.

DJ: Aaaah……don’t you have a special day?

CSW: Not really.

DJ: Why’s that?

CSW: That’s because…..

CKH: We really did not come right out and announce that we are together, you know. Not like the other members. It just….happens.

DJ: No? Now I am confused.

CKH: Well you see, it really is quite simple. Siwon hyung is a skinship ~

CSW: I am not!

CKH: Hyung ~

CSW: (mumble)

CKH: As I was saying (Smirk) He is always groping and touching and tackling all of us, it was common sight. When he actually refrained from doing any of that, the ELFs got worried wondering if he was ill.

Loud laughter burst forth from everyone except that one person.

CKH: There really is no difference in the way he treated me before or after we got together.

DJ: I see!

CSW: (mumble)

DJ: What’s that?

CSW: I said, there is difference! (Pout)

CKH: (Roll eyes)

DJ: What are differences?

CSW: (Pout)

CKH: My hyung is not shy with skinship but I know he gave his heart to me.

CSW: BABY!

DJ + CKH: Owww……

CKH: What was that for, hyung?! (Grimace at his ringing ear)

CSW: Sorry babe, but I am so touched by your honesty!

DJ: Awww….

CKH: Hyung, you are being cheesy again.

CSW: Let’s (whisper)

SMACK!

CSW: OW! Baby, my arm ~ oww ow ow

DJ: Eeek ~

CKH: We are on air, hyung! What are you thinking!

DJ + CSW: (nervous laugh)

DH: (Clears throat) Right, let’s move onto the last question before we enjoy some music!

CSW + CKH: (Whisper + soft giggles)

DJ: AHEM!

CSW: You’re saying?

DJ: I ~ erm…hmmm….yes….Kyuhyun sshi what was the sweetest gesture Siwon has ever shown you?

CKH: Hmm….

DJ: He’s thinking hard, folks! I can’t wait to hear about it!

CKH: (Mumbles)

DJ: Kyuhyun sshi, are you feeling alright? Your cheeks are very flushed!

CKH: I er….I……I’m fine.

Background sniggering.

DJ: I conclude that Siwon sshi had made many sweet gestures!

CSW: Yes, yes, that’s right!

CKH: How ~

DJ: Because I see Kyuhyun sshi blushing non-stop since I asked the question!

CSW: Heh ~

CKH: (Mumble)

CSW: Awww baby ~

CKH: Can we get back to the question?

DJ: Yes! Yes!

CKH: During one of our fanmeets, the question was posed to Super Junior, when is it the happiest moments in our entire career.

DJ: Ah, now Siwon sshi is looking very shy!

A series of soft ‘awwww’s rang through the studio.

CKH: (Clears throat awkwardly) And Lee Teuk, our leader, said it was during our trainee days. And ~ Siwon hyung interrupted to remind Lee Teuk that I wasn’t present during their trainee days so it couldn’t have…..been his happiest.”

DJ: Awwwwwwww (Squeal excitedly)

CSW: My happiest moments are when I get to see Kyuhyun healthy and happy every single day.

More soft ‘awwwww’ rang in the enclosed space.

DJ: That is so sweet!

CSW + CKH: (Whisper + giggles)

DJ: Right, let’s take a quick break and listen to some music!

Music begins to waft through their headphones which they removed to give their ears a rest.

DJ: Ok so far?

CSW: Oh yes!

CKH: Great!

DJ: We will have a couple more questions after this song then another quick break then a short game.

CKH: Game? What sort of game?

DJ: No right or wrong answers, there is no punishments. Don’t worry, Kyuhyun sshi, it’s all in the name of fun!

CSW: Don’t worry babe.”

CKH: (Mumble)

CSW: My baby doesn’t like to lose.

CKH: Hyuuuuug ~

DJ + CSW: (Chuckles)

Music ends.

DJ: Welcome back, my lovelies! If you just tuned in, we have with us today, Siwon sshi and Kyuhyun sshi of Super Junior!

DJ: Now, let’s talk a bit more about your relationship. What is Kyuhyun sshi to Siwon sshi? And what is Superman to the Maknae?

CSW: He used to be a nice obedient and quiet kid. But now he is loud and obnoxious!

DJ: Ahahahah!

CKH: (Glares)

CSW: Sorry babe (Chuckles)

DJ; On a serious note?

CSW: Kyuhyun is my everything. As you all are well aware, I have tons of schedules, and I work for my father too. I travel a lot, seldom in Korea. Sometimes I can’t help losing focus.

DJ: You can’t remember what you are working so hard for.

CSW: Yes. I need to feel that I am working so much for something or someone. That’s where Kyuhyun comes in. He keeps me grounded. He may not be the main reason why I am working so much, but he is the reason I work hard to complete every one of my task, so I can come back home into his arms.

DJ: But you have so little time together.

CSW: So little yes, regretfully. But our time together is always well-spent. And for all the time we are away from each other, the thought of being able to call him mine make waking up each morning worthwhile.

DJ: (Stares at the taller man grasping the hand of his beloved gently as they exchanged indulging smiles with each other)

DJ: Kyuhyun sshi?

CKH: (Startles and quickly avert his gaze from the deep abyss of his lover’s onyx orbs) Huh…I?

DJ: What is Siwon sshi to you? (Smirks knowingly)

CKH: Siwon hyung, he….he is my pillar of strength. He loves me unconditionally and supports me without questions.

CSW: Kyuhyun is quite sickly sometimes so I made it a point to keep a closer eye on his health and body condition. As time goes by it became second nature to me.

DJ: Alright! Next question! What do you two like to do when you could find time to spend with each other alone?

CKH: Oh, are we allowed to say that on national radio? (Smirk)

DJ: Erm…

CSW: (Laughs uncomfortably)

CKH: Just kidding! Siwon hyung loves to bring me to a quiet cafe in *BEEP* We can spend the whole afternoon there reading.

DJ; Wow, that’s just romantic.

CSW: Actually it’s more like Kyuhyun eating and eating and eating *SMACK* Oww…..ok, ok, and gaming! *SMACK SMACK SMACK* OW! OW! OW! Baby! That hurts!

DJ: (Nervous laugh) Ah, yes….

CKH: Choi Siwon, if you continue to make fun of me then no more *BEEP* for you tonight!

DJ + CSW: (Jaws dropped)

DJ: (Swallow hard in embarrassment)

CSW: B-but baby ~

DJ: Hey, time for some music!

An upbeat tempo starts drumming into the stiff air in the studio.

CKH: Excuse us for a moment. (Glares)

CSW: (Bows apologetically)

DJ: (Watches both his guests exit the room)

CSW: Baby, I’m sorry!

CKH: Hummpfffh! (Pout)

CSW: I was just teasing for the sake of entertainment! It’s our job to entertain!

CKH: (Whips around abruptly) At my expense?

CSW: I happen to think eating and gaming are two of your most endearing traits! All the ELFs do too!

CKH: No, they are not!

CSW: Yes, they are!

CKH: Are not!

CSW: Are too!

CKH: Are no- Woah! Wait! What are you doing! Let go of me! Let ~ mmmmphhhhf!!!

CSW: You argue too much, baby. (Whisper)

Total silence except for soft inaudible noises.

CKH: Wow (Gasp)

CSW: (Smirk)

CKH: Are too. (Whisper)

DJ: (Eyes warily trained on the two men re-entering the room)

CSW: Sorry for the slight interruption. Let’s continue.

CKH: (Smiles)

DJ: OK!

Music ends.

DJ: And here we are back once again, folks! We have the greatest honor of having with us two visual type members of Super Junior, Siwon and Kyuhyun!

CSW + CKH: (Smiles)

DJ: At the beginning of the show I had said that we will play a simple little game of word association to test their mutual tacitness! I will throw out a word or a phrase and the both of you throw back the first word that comes to mind. Remember, there is no right or wrong answers.

CSW: (Nod excitedly)

DJ: Ready? The first word is ‘Cheese’

CKH: Choi Siwon.

CSW: Cho Kyuhyun!

DJ: Computer.

CSW: Cho Kyuhyun!

CKH: Technology.

DJ: Legs.

CSW: Cho Kyuhyun!

CKH: What?! I mean, chicken.

DJ: Alright, ‘chicken’

CSW: Cho Kyuhyun!

DJ: Horse.

CKH: Choi Siwon!

CSW: Cho Kyuhyun!

CKH: Hold it right there! Why are repeating your answers? How do chickens and horses remind you of me?!

CSW: Because you like to eat fried chicken, and you love me!

CKH: AISH!

CSW: How are we doing so far?

DJ: Erm ~

CSW: Let’s continue!

DJ: Sapphire.

CSW + CKH: SEA!

DJ: Super Junior

CSW + CKH: LIFE!

DJ: And the last one, ‘Choi Siwon and Cho Kyuhyun’.

CSW + CKH: FOREVER!

DJ: (Speechless)

CSW + CKH: (Laughs)

DJ: You two make a really cute couple. I have seen a lot of lovers; I recognize true love when I see one. You two have this ‘two halves make one whole’ theory all figured out. Don’t ever give up on each other.

CSW + CKH: (Smile Shyly)

DJ: We have come to the end of our show today!

CSW: Thank you.

CKH: Thank you for having us on the show today.

DJ: Thank you for coming! And a big thank you to all my lovely listeners out there! See you tomorrow, same time, same place!

 

THE END