Chapter 3 : 2 lessons?

You are My Everything

Three of you obeyed and bowed to Mr. Cha. Then Hong Ki smiled to Suzy and you, both of you responded his smile. Three of you walked approaching the place where the drinks were put.

“Aren’t you tired of that running? Let’s drink first,” said your confidant while walking.

Then Hong Ki, you and Suzy drank some water, and later joined the class’ game. It was a baseball which ball is played by kicking it. You split team with Hong Ki and your confidant. You were included in the catcher (defender) team, while Hong Ki and Suzy were in the attacking team. You became the back defender to catch the far-kicked balls. As the game went, luckily you played your part successfully and the game went balanced. When the exchanging time came, when your opponent’s team got caught (hit by the ball thrown by the defenders or the base were burnt by the defenders) three times, you became the first kicker.

You prepared yourself carefully. You kicked the ball hard, but unfortunately the ball was caught by one opponent. You ran but the first base has been burnt, which meant you were the first victim and 2 victims left to exchange. Mr. Cha blew his whistle as the sign of burnt base.

Suzy came and laughed, and you did the same for joking. She said that being defender was easier than being the attacker. You nodded agreeing what she said. Then you saw another ball was kicked and you quickly escaped to the next base. The ball was missed too far by the opponents’ team so you and your friend who kicked previously could do a homerun.

The game ended with score balance, 21-21. Both teams tossed each other and then Mr. Cha asked the whole class to sit together.

“Well, that game was fine, but from that result and the progress how all of you play and take parts in your teams, I could see some who are able to play. And also some who don’t. And I saw some of you who are obese. This year there will be a special program for all of students with obesity. Tomorrow, the whole freshman will be measured for height and weight, so we would know who are obese and who aren’t. Obese is a dangerous plague in young generation these times. We had known that obesity can lead to many diseases such as diabetics, hypertension, high cholesterol, until . You don’t want to get those scary diseases right?”

The whole class agreed to that statement, and you clearly saw some of your friends were scared. Of course, they were who with obesity, and you saw yourself plump.

“OK, today’s session is finished. Go to the restroom and change your clothes,” said Mr.Cha again.

Suzy blew a breathe as sign of relief. You remembered to return the warehouse keys and you say that to her. You asked her to leave first so she wouldn’t be late. Then she left with the whole class and you came to Mr.Cha with those keys.

“Here are the keys, Sonsaengnim,” you said.

He accepted the keys and thanked you. Then you turned your body to leave and strolled away. Behind you he played with the keys and walked the same direction as yours. He hummed and you clearly heard.

“Kim ___________,” suddenly he called your name, “Be quick to your class, please!”

“Ye, sonsaengnim!” you answered, then you ran.

When you came into the restroom, Suzy just finished changing her clothes into wearing the uniform. She greeted you and whispered to you, asking you to change your clothes quickly and saying she would wait. You nodded and quickly fulfilled what she asked. When you finished and walk out, she had waited you near the pillar in the hall.

 

As you came into the classroom, the whole class had prepared for the next lesson.  Fortunately you don’t need to wait for the boys finishing changing the clothes as you’re almost late. You took a deep breath and enjoyed the cool air from your class’ air conditioner.

Suzy and you chatted and laughed each other as the teacher came late. Suddenly you heard the door was opened and you saw someone coming into the class. You looked with sudden shock, Mr Cha Seung Won? Again? But this time with the different and neater clothes.

The whole class stood up and greeted when he came. Then the whole class directly sit down and Mr. Cha smiled as he caught something.

“Hmm, seems like you’re shocked. I’m also going to teach you mathematics in this class for this year. Anyway I’m sorry for coming late. Well, let’s open your book now.”

The lesson started and you tried to listen and notice every detail of his explanation. Luckily that day you could follow it well. Mr. Cha explained in comical speech tone (like Dokko Jin) so that day your class bursted a lot.

 

That night you went home quietly as you feel sleepy. But you found the bakery hadn’t been closed. When you arrived home, Hyo Jin greeted you happily with her cheesy smile. You smiled and hugged her as you were happy to meet your cutie Eonni again.

“How’s your school day?” asked Sun-Ah.

“Fine, Eonni,” you answered, “today is the sport day. And my friend, Hong Ki, again gave a prank on Mr. Cha. He didn’t believe Mr. Cha’s claim that he can do 100 push-ups in a minute, then Mr. Cha proved that he can. As the result, Lee Hong Ki got to run around the field for five times in 2 minutes.”

Your sisters laughed. Suddenly you heard your bakery bell rang as a sign that a customer came. Sun-Ah unni directly walked to the bakery and greeted the customer.

“Cha Seung Won Seonbaenim, anyongahaseyo?” suddenly you heard your Sun-Ah unni screamed in a happy voice like meeting someone that you haven’t met for a long time.

“Cha sonsaengnim?” Hyo Jin unni asked, then she rushed to the bakery and screamed, “Anyonghaseyo, sonsaengnim!”

You heard Mr. Cha laughed and greeted them too, and said that he never thought he will meet them, his former junior and his former disciple. He also said that he never thought that your sisters will open a bakery like this. You heard Sun-Ah asked how could he came to the bakery in this late time. Then he answered that he was hungry and looking for snacks nearby, additionally he stayed just ten houses away from your house.

You felt doubt whether to meet him or not. You were confused how could he have time for visiting some place in this late time. You closed your eyes and drew with your hand, meet him, no, meet him, don’t. You stand behind the opened bakery door, and you heard Mr. Cha with your sisters’ chat. You heard that he yas impatient to taste your Sun-Ah unni’s bread.

“Ah, I almost forgot,” said Sun-Ah unni, “We have planned to grant you some free bread and pastry to taste, Hyungnim. Hyo Jin-ah, take the clove bread and the strawberry shortcake for him.”

Hyo Jin directly took the clove bread and a piece of strawberry shortcake for Mr. Cha to taste. She also gave a fork and a knife.

“Bon appetite!” said your two sisters

You stared at them silently, you saw Mr. Cha observed the bread and cake’s presentation carefully and smelled them enthusiastically. He smiles as he likes the appearance and the fragrant smell.

“These look as beautiful and sweet as both of you,” said Mr. Cha, “Both of you are still beautiful as at the time when I was still teaching you. And you are much slimmer, Sun-Ah!”

“Ooh, thank you very much, Seonsaengnim,” said both of your sisters gratefully.

What a naughty man, you said to yourself. Then you saw him cutting the cake carefully and took the small piece that he cut with the fork. And you saw him putting it into his mouth. He closed his eyes, chewed the cake and tasted it carefully. Then you saw him nodding with a happy smile, and his hand signed ok.

“The sweetness is neither too strong nor weak. It didn’t make me feel nauseous at all, unlike many sweet milky cakes and drinks which made me feel nauseous before finishing it. Now, let me taste the clover bread,” said Mr. Cha

He tasted the clover bread and luckily he also liked it very much. Your sisters and you were very grateful and happy that one more person liked what your bakery made. Hyo Jin quickly took a box of fresh-made strawberry shortcake and gave it to him. He was surprised.

“This is especially for you, free,” said Sun-Ah unni, “as our gratitude for the treat from the voucher that you gave to our younger sister.”

“Oh, you have a younger sister?” said Mr. Cha in surprise.

You realized that they mentioned you indirectly, so you slowly walked to your bakery and joined your older sisters. When you approached the bakery’s door (that used to be the garage’s door), Mr Cha and your two older sisters looked at you with surprise and you ran to greet him.

“Anyonghaseyo, seonsaengnim!”

“Ooh, anyonghaseyo Kim ________-ah!”

You bowed to him and Sun-Ah unni patted your shoulder. Hyo Jin unni pointed you to show you as her younger sister.

“So, this shaman descendant is your younger sister?”

“Ye, seonsaengnim,” said Hyo Jin unni.

He told what happened in your class as you had told to your two older sisters. It made them giggling to you. They had known it from what you told, and the person confirmed it.

“Ahh, both of the pastries that I tasted are delicious. So, does she eat much when she is at home?” he asked with a sly look.

“Sometimes,” said Sun-Ah. Your face blushed of embarrassment.

“Hmm, that’s why she looks a little bit chubbier than both of you.”

Your older sisters laughed while you grunted in embarrassment. Hyo Jin pinched your right cheek and Mr. Cha smirked.

“Oh, Kim __________, please don’t forget that tomorrow what we’ll do?”

“We’ll measure height and weight, to calculate who has obesity and determine who to join your program, seonsaengnim.”

“Ye, that’s right,” said Mr. Cha, “And oh, I’m sorry, I don’t mean to accuse your bakery to cause your customers being fat. Don’t worry.”

“It’s ok, seonsaengnim,” said Hyo Jin, “we know it’s only warning for our sister. Yes, we admit that she doesn’t exercise regularly. Sun-Ah Eonni also had ever been through the obesity period, hadn’t you?”

“Yes, I had,” said Sun-Ah, “But I was so lucky that I can lose my weight. And this bakery doesn’t only sell the sweet cakes, we also sell medium to hard bread and we can reduce the amount of the sugar if our customers asked to.”

“Sun-Ah Eonni’s disciplinary helped her much to lose her weight,” added Hyo Jin, “And don’t worry. Our younger sister actually doesn’t like pastries too much. She preferred veggies.”

Mr. Cha smiled as he heard your oldest sister experience. He also felt relieved that your sister was a proof that the sweet temptation in the bakery can be defeated, obesity can be defeated with disciplinary although the owner lives in the temptation place (such as house with many snack or sweeties). Then he took out two business cards and gave it to Sun-Ah unni. Sun-Ah accepted it gratefully.

“In case if you or your younger sister needs to contact me,” said Mr. Cha.

Sun-Ah and Hyo Jin unni also gave each of their business cards and a bakery business card. Mr. Cha was so glad to receive three cards in return of two cards.

“Thank you very much for your gift to me,” said Mr. Cha, “I’m so glad to meet all of you here and taste the bread in this wonderful bakery. I have to go now, so many stuffs to finish at home. Goodbye!”

“Bye, sonsaengnim, thank you very much!” said Sun-Ah and Hyo Jin unni with you together.

After that you saw him walking, leaving the shop. But then he stopped in front of your bakery’s banner. He took out his marker from his pocket on his shirt, then he wrote something and signed on the banner’s empty space. He smiled for a while and left the place.

You told Hyo Jin and Sun-Ah unni that you would walk out. You walked out and approached that banner, and you saw clearly Mr. Cha’s sign and his testimony :

Looking for great and well-balanced taste and texture? Come here and taste the pastries here! You won’t be nauseous by its sweet pastries, the sweetness is balanced! Plus great customer service here.

You smiled to yourself. In one side, you thought, he isn’t a celebrity so why did he need to sign? But in the other side, you thought that this person really respected people. But in the other side too, you thought isn’t this person trying to bribe and leave something inside?