Exo Facts

EXO Facts

[INTERVIEW] 121207 Hallyu 9th Edition: EXO-K Gathers Speed Becoming Popular Globally (part 2)

Sina Entertainment: When did you begin to feel that you’d become more and more popular?
Suho: We can feel it when we’re at the airport. The first time we came to China, there were a lot of fans who came to the airport, the second and third time, there were even more fans. It made me feel really shocked.


Sina Entertainment: You’re very popular in China, are there any differences between Chinese fans and Korean fans?
Chanyeol: No matter what country we go to, the fans all cheer for us, like us, and support us equally.
Sina Entertainment: Are there any Chinese fans that have made particularly special banners?
Baekhyun: Writing “Baekhyun-ah” as “Bekhyun-ah” (spelling mistake). At first I suspected that someone wrote it wrong, but only later did I find out it was Chinese fan. I think that Chinese fans are really cute.
Chanyeol: It’s really moving when the Chinese fans sing along to Korean songs with us, in the future we’ll bring you even better music to reciprocate you guys.
Sina Entertainment: Are there any plans for performances, starring in dramas or something of the like?
Baekhyun: If we have the opportunity, of course we’d like to go up for the challenge. But at the moment, we still hope to reach an even greater development in our music.
Sina Entertainment: As the group dance you dance on stage gets harder, the opportunity for each member to perform and sing becomes smaller, would you feel regretful?
Chanyeol: There’s a lot of charm in which EXO-K still have to show in the future, so we will slowly release more charm.
Kai: Because we are all very young and have a lot of capabilities, we believe that in the future we will perform even better. Recently, Baekhyun and D.O have danced in an advertisement. The other members also all hope that they can perform even more splendidly in a lot of other fields too.
Sina Entertainment: The praise that left the deepest impression is?
Suho: A lot of seniors have given us a lot of suggestions. Especially Super Junior’s Donghae-senior had once said: After seeing EXO-K and EXO-M’s performance, I felt it was the most dazzling when you stepped on stage with the name EXO.
Sina Entertainment: Your feelings after joining SM Family Concert?
Chanyeol: During our training period we’ve watched a SM Family concert before. At the time, we only thought of wanting to debut as soon as possible, to go on stage with our seniors. After debuting, we were honoured to be able to participate in the SM Family Concert organised in the US, LA. The feeling of being able to go on stage with our seniors really is good, our seniors also gave us a lot of suggestions, I really felt very happy after performing.
Sina Entertainment: SM’s specialty is? Are there any traditions?
Kai: SM Entertainment emphasise a lot on etiquette, such as courtesy and greetings etc.
Chanyeol: We have inherited SM Company’s tradition, being called SMP (SM MUSIC PERFORMANCE)’s title song “MAMA” is our company’s tradition.
Kai: Before debut, we watched a lot of seniors’ dances and practiced repeatedly.
Sina Entertainment: Are you looking forward to the Newcomers Award at end of year awards ceremony?
Suho: It’s only possible to obtain a newcomers award once in your life. Actually, 4 months after debut, we’ve worked really hard in order to obtain the newcomers award. However, through this year, the support in which fans have given EXO-K is much more precious than that of a newcomers award. But if we have the luck to obtain it then……. Haha
Sina Entertainment: What kind of activity goals do singers EXO-K have?
Kai: I haven’t considered goals before, I’ve only been thinking of working my hardest to complete what we have to do.
Sehun: Continuous development, slowly finding EXO-K’s colour is my target.
Chanyeol: There’s still a lot of charm in which EXO-K still have to disperse, so I hope that we can display our colours bit by bit.
Sina Entertainment: What will EXO-K be like in 10 years time?
Sehun: EXO members will all hold a world concert tour together. Take a private plane?
D.O: Just like well-known Japanese group Arashi, hopefully 10 years later, we will still be doing activities together. I hope that we will always be together.
Suho: In comparison to “acceptance” EXO promote “dedication”, so I hope that I can go to a lot of places and contribute to society with the members.
Kai: I hope that in 10 years time the members will all be able to become strong artists, and also hope that EXO-K will be an eternity.
Chanyeol: Just like the hopes of the other members, hopefully in 10, 20 years time we can still be doing activities together. I personally want to learn to compose, creating many songs that suit EXO and good songs that will spread far and wide.
Baekhyun: I hope that in the field of singing, acting, arts etc, in all areas, we can show a more outstanding performance, becoming talented artists.

Source: Sina Entertainment
Translation cr; xuan + angi @ exom-trans
Please take out with full credits
Do NOT repost on tumblr