Part 1

Waking up in the wrong body

As I was walking down the streets of Seoul I met a couple of friends from university. They were old friends of mine that I used to hang out with. I really enjoyed their company even thought they were a bit too noisy. We greeted each other, hugged and chatter for a while before we decided to go to a café and talk a bit more. Everything was fine until they brought up this of so uncomfortable topic…

-Soo, I hear that you and SHINee’s Lee Taemin are still together? – one of them said as she had this grin on her face. Creepy.

-Ah, yes we are. -  I simply replied with a shy smile. I really don’t like talking about my private life.

-Waa, I can’t believe iiit. It’s been years. – the girl on my right owed as if a miracle happened.

-It’s been around 4 years. – once again I replied with the minimum words and sipped from my tea.

-I am amazed. What are you doing to make him interested in you for such a long time? – asked the girl on my left with eyes wide open and years twitching in anticipation for my reply… wait… did she just asked about our ual life? Freak.

-He is the one that is trying to keep my interest in him. – I said in a teasing way just so they could die from jealousy. It’s just so obvious why the wanted to talk with me. Stalkers.

-Waaa. So impressive. He likes you so much. I guess that you made an amazingly good first impression on him. – awed the girl sitting across the table.

-You have no idea. – I chuckled as I remembered our first meeting.

-Tell us. How did you meet with Taemin? Maybe we can capture the heart of an idol just the same way you did! – exclaimed all excitedly the girl on my right.

-Haha. I doubt that. Our first meeting was so weird that even I can hardly believe that it happened. – I laughed.

-Tell us, please. We promise. No matter what you say, we will believe you. – said the girl across the table with such an excitement that it was hard to refuse.

-Ok, ok. But everything I say is 100% true and not fiction. I am serious. Stuff like this do happen! – I warned them as I tried to look serious.

-Ok. No matter what it is we will believe you. – the girls exclaimed in unison so I started my story.

 

5 years ago, England, London

 

I was looking at the stars just like any other night while thinking about my most favorite idol. I would frequently picture his image in the starry sky. For some reason I was totally captivated by Taemin and would think only about him. I felt like some kind of mentally ill person who constantly imagined that the reason for my obsession will someday knock on my door and tell me how much he loves me. Yeah, I was a total psycho.

-Ah, I wonder what you are doing right now. – I said to myself while looking at the starry sky, thinking about Taemin – Are you tired? Are you sad ? Maybe lonely? But most probably happy. Is your cuteness just a mask? I really want to see the real you… one day… I really wish that I would be by your side, even if it was for a day. – I said with a sight as I went to my bed.

Lying in my cozy bed, surrounded by the four walls of my new room I started to once again think of different scenarios of how I meet my idol. When I thought that it was already too late I decided to finally stop daydreaming and go to sleep.

-Good night, Taemin. See you tomorrow. – I smiled at the posters on my wall before turning the lights off.

The night was long and peaceful. I have never rested for such a long time. It seemed like a whole day had passed. I was enjoying my sleep when I heard the alarm but I immediately noticed that something was off. My alarm was of Yiruma’s “River flows in you” and not this stressful ringtone. If my mother touched my phone again… I won’t forgive her…

Then, just as I was cursing my mom, someone came and started nudging me and whining and… it was a MAN’s voice!! And he was talking … in Korean?! What the hell? Pretend you are sleeping, pretend you are sleeping!

-Jameul ggae useyo. – said the man whining while still nudging me. And the freakiest thing is that… his voice seemed familiar. In the end I gave up and decided to open my eyes and see who the person was.

-Fine, fine. I’ll get up. – I whined as I slowly opened my eyes. The moment I saw who the person was, my eyes were going to pop out of their orbits and roll on the bed. It was SHINee’s leader Onew! SHINEE’S FREAKING LEADER WAS WAKENING ME UP!! This dream… I don’t want to wake up. Or is it real?  Omg, he is staring at me weirdly. Is my bed hair that bad? And why do I have the feeling that… I’m missing something important…

-If you are going to pretend to be American then I’ll say it so that you will understand. Get UP! NOW! – yelled Key as he went out of the room. Key was here too? Wait a second… this is not my room. Where the hell am I?

-Ok. I’m up. – I said as I got up from the bed and then it hit me. I sounded like a boy! And not just any boy. I had Lee Taemin’s voice! And I am taller!

-YAH! Lee Taemin! Junbihada! – yelled Key from the other room. Why is he calling me like that?!

-I am not Taemin. – I almost yelled and then… I saw my reflection in the window… HOWLLY CRAP I’M A BOY!!

The moment I saw the reflection I freaked out. For some reason I was seeing myself as Lee Taemin in every freaking mirror!! I was frantically looking for the bathroom as I was running down the unfamiliar apartment and opening every door until I reached my destination. I entered the bathroom like a tornado and kicked out Minho who was brushing his teeth with closed eyes.

 I slammed the door behind him and looked into the mirror. I looked exactly like Lee Taemin. I started moving my hand, my head, jumping around to make sure that it was my reflection and not one of those TV shows with the hidden camera. I brought “my” face closer to the mirror and started examining the features of the face I was looking at. After around 5 min of staring I came to a conclusion that it was Taemin’s face. And then I did the only thing logical for a girl to do in a situation like this – scream and panic.

-AAAAAHH!!! – I screamed and slapped “my” face –AAHH! – I screamed ones again as my hands landed on the place where I was supposed to find my now missing s – AAAAAAAHH!! – I screamed even louder when I took a sneak peak and saw I had that between my legs.

 I was about to get a heart attack when someone knocked on the door. I looked at it as if it spoke to me. My eyes were still wide open and I was breathing heavily. I reached for the door knob with my shaking hand and lightly pressed it, after that the door opened and I saw the worried faces of the four SHINee members. Minho’s stare was intense and he was the first to step inside. He stood right in front of me, inches away from my body, then he leaned slightly forward as his hand was slightly moving toward my face. After he placed his tooth brush on the stand behind me he stared at me and told me in English to never do that again if I want to live…. I have to get out of here. NOW!

 

Meanwhile in England, London

 

-Hmm… -I purred as I stretched in the comfortable bed- Was I so tired that the bed feels softer than before? And the room smells nice. – I said to myself and then opened my eyes – Key-hyung, why does our lamp has the shape of leafs? – I sat up and tried to look for my hyung but I was welcomed by purple walls and posters of myself.

 My eyes landed on the mirror in front of the bed and I saw the figure of a girl sitting on the bed. I looked around but there was no one around me and then the thought that I was the girl hit me. I started doing funny faces and the girl in the mirror was doing the same thing. And then…  I did the only thing a guy can do in a situation like this – scream and panic like a little girl.

-AAAAHH!!! – I screamed as I slapped my face while looking at the mirror – AAAAHHH!! – I screamed when I tried to slap my manly chest that was now replaced with s – AAAHHH!! – I screamed louder when I took a peek between my legs and saw that my manhood was gone. What am I supposed to do now?!

 

Seoul, South Korea

 

Ah, finally I’m alone and am able to think. Thankfully Key started speaking in English so did Onew and I was able to talk with them. I said that I slipped and hit my head last night while I stayed behind to practice a little more. I knew that Taemin always does that so I thought that it was a good excuse. I had no idea how right I was. Key scolded me for staying too long to practice since apparently “I” came home around 2:30am. I think that Taemin is insane, coming home this late when he has to wake up at 5 am. Masochist.

The good thing is that they said that I didn’t need to pretend to be sick and stuff since I already know the dance and the manager allowed me to stay and rest for a day. Which is good. Lots of time to think of a plan. Since I am in Taemin’s body, for some freaking unknown reason, he should be in mine. He probably freaked out too…or… he is taking advantage of my body… I have to call him! But I don’t know Korean… only a few words… So I need someone that knows Korean and English. Key knows both! But … if I ask him to write such a weird message, he will think that Taemin is insane and I will probably ruin their good friendly relationship… Onew can’t do too… Damn it! What should I doo! Directly take a plane to London? Yeah, that’s what I’ll do! Money! I don’t have money! But I am Lee Taemin, I have to have money… somewhere around here.

I started looking for a wallet or credit card that someone has forgotten to store in his wallet. And just when by some unexpected coincidence, I found Taemin’s wallet in a place I didn’t expect it to be… beneath his dirty underwear. Now I have money! That is the most important thing. Now I have to go to the airport.

And just when I was about to leave the doorbell rang. Am I cursed or something? Every time I get close to succeeding and carrying out my plan someone or something interrupts me. Ok, so I will just smile, nod say goodbye and close the door while waiting for the person to leave. Ah, this entire weird and tense situation is making me want to pee. But I caan’t! Be a man! Hold it in! Stop whining and open the door.

-Hyung! – said the tall boy in front of me with a worried face and voice.

-Hii! – I greeted with a wide smile. Oh please just don’t mess up everything! This is Taemin’s best friend. Act normal. You can do it.

-(How are you? Key hyung said that you acted strange this morning so I got worried.) – asked Jong In still looking worried as hell for his friend. The bad news is that he spoke in Korean and I didn’t understand a word he said. Act normal.

-Hiii! – I said with a wide smile.

-Hyung, gwenchana? – asked Jong In as his face showed how worried he was for me after seeing the “condition” I am in. But the good news is that I know that word!! I am saved! I feel like crying from happiness. Now I can reply properly.

-Yes, I’m fine. Please don’t worry. Bye. – I replied with an even wider smile and tried to close the door but he placed his foot between the door and the door frame. He pushed his way into the apartment and looked at me with worry. This situation is bad and making me nervous and I want to pee.

-Key- hyung told me that you are talking in English with everyone and that you are saying that you are not Lee Taemin. – worriedly spoke Kai giving his best in speaking in English. Oh, his accent is just so freaking cute. Refrain from the boy you maniac. Self-control. Self-control.

-Ah, I am speaking in English just to practice my pronunciation. – I tried to lie but he didn’t seem to buy it.

-And what about “ I am not Taemin”. If you are not Taemin then who are you? – he asked looking at me with intense eyes.

-Ah… I will tell you, you won’t believe me and then you will think that I am crazy. And look at me weirdly. – I said with a pout as I looked at my feet in defeat.

-I don’t think that you can get weirder that that. Just tell me. – he somewhat insisted with a gentle voice.

-My name is Kimberly Ahn. I live in England, Longdon. 19 years old. First year in Cambridge collage. I am a girl. – I confessed and while speaking the last four words I looked at Jong In in the eyes. He didn’t waver at all.

-….I knew I shouldn’t have joked about you being my girlfriend when you were with long hair. Now you think of yourself as a girl. – Jong In facepalmed himself as he accused himself of my condition.

-I am not Taemin. I am serious. Somehow we switched! I swear! If I was really a guy I would have known how to go to the toilet! – I whined.

-You… you don’t know h-how to hold i-it? – Jong In stuttered as he looked at me in disbelieve.

-YES! I told you that I am not Taemin! – I almost yelled.

-Taemin, your jokes are not funny! Please stop pretending to be a girl! – Jong In hissed as he looked at me. Talking about bipolar…

-I AM A GIRL!! – I yelled at him and stomped. His expression was just priceless when he saw me. Looking at me in disbelieve, just priceless. But maybe now he will believe in my words?

-Fine! I’ll play your stupid game. And what does Taemin the girl want to do? – Jong In hissed and then finished with a sarcastic question.

-How do I go to the toilet! It’s been around two hours that I have been holding it in and now it hurts like hell! I’ll die! – I whined as I started grimacing in pain.

-Taemin, are you an idiot? You can’t hold it in for such a long time. Go to the toilet now! – he ordered me as he pointed toward the door.

-I don’t know how to hold it!! I told you I’m a girl! – I said with annoyance.

-Then pee like a girl! I don’t care! Just go! – Jong In said strictly as he started pushing me toward the toilet. I guess that boys shouldn’t hold it in? Will something bad happen? I wish I had listened in biology class the past four years.

Jong in pushed me into the bathroom and told me to “drain the lizard”, to “drain the main vein”, to “hand a yoo-ee”, to “take a leak”, to “tinkle” or simply said, he told me to pee. But I am worried for Jong In… what the hell is he reading for him to know these slang words… I need to tell Taemin about his best friend’s problems.

So I sat on the toilet just like usual as I did my best not to look at that thing and tried to do it but… it didn’t work. I stayed there, sitting on the toilet seat and waiting for the fountain to start falling but nothing…

-How long are you going to stay inside? It’s been 5min already!  – Jong In asked as he knocked on the door.

-It doesn’t want to start “running”. – I whined while looking at the door – Are you sure that it will “start running” if I sit like a girl?  

-You should be able to “release the pressure”. Then, try holding it. Stop acting like a girl and pee like you usually do! – Jong In started to get annoyed.

-That’s what I have been doing for the past 5 minutes… - I groaned at the annoying person standing behind the door.

-Do it like a man! – Jong In almost yelled.

-FINE!! – I yelled back as I got up from the toilet seat. I grabbed “it” and tried to point it toward the toilet without looking at it. And waited… and waited… and waited…

-Well…? – Jong In stomped impatiently in front of the door.

-If I was done I wouldn’t be staying in the freaking toilet for more than 10 minutes! – I yelled annoyed as my head was looking at the door.

-Hold it firmly. – Jong In instructed.

-I AM holding it firmly… I think… - I hissed but then started doubting – I know that this sounds strange but… can you help me? – I asked as I looked with hope toward the door.

-No. Do it yourself. – I was abruptly cut off by Jong In and his cold reply.

-That’s what I have been doing these 15 minutes! – I yelled annoyed.

In the end Jong In came in and… it was so embarrassing. He didn’t look at me even once and tried to show me how to hold it he held the wrist of my free hand. I held it the same way but nothing… it’s like it knows that I am not a guy and refuses to obey my commands… And then happened something extremely embarrassing that I and Jong In will remember till the rest of our lives… He decided to hold it for me…

-I-Is it to-toward the toi-toilet? – Jong In asked as he was trying to point it toward the right direction.

-I- I d-don’t kno-know… I-I‘m not l-looking… - I stuttered in response – It do-doesn’t matter, I-I’ll clean it up…

The both of us were looking in different directions as this situation was the most uncomfortable and embarrassing thing that someone could experience with their ‘best friend”. In the end, the moment Jong In touched it, that thing decided that now I was allowed to relive myself and… it felt so good. It was as if I was in heaven. I had hold it in for such a long time that probably the bladder became so big that it started pressing my other organs. I felt pure bliss… and then just when I thought that it couldn’t get any worse, it just had to happen…

 

Me and Jong In were sitting on the couch, both on its two sides, as far away from the other as possible. We were looking at the opposite directions, both probably thinking about the “incident”. I mean, from all the things that could happen, why this? Peeing on him would be better than that! Ah I can’t believe that the moment I got relieved, that thing became hard while Jong In was holding it. This is just the worst! Taemin will never learn about this! NEVER! Poor Jong In… what have I done?! The innocent best friend of Taemin is now forever left with this horrible memory.

 If I don’t want something like that to happen, I have to go to London and swap with Taemin. But… I wonder what he has been doing… I am worried as I see how things are here… I need to contact him and give him instructions. But I need someone who knows English and Korean. It can’t be Key, he is from SHINee and I don’t want him to think badly of Taemin. It’s enough the damage I did to his best friend. Someone that is friend but not too close, knows English and Korean… oh god, why do you hate me so much…

-Say…  - I started hesitantly with a low voice not to scare Jong In as he was deep in thoughts.

-W-what… - he stuttered as he turned his head toward me, eyes wide open.

-I-I was wondering if… - I started but was interrupted.

-NO! – Jong In almost yelled in fear.

-But, I won’t ask anything of you. I just want to talk with Kris about something. – I tried not to look into his eyes as I was still ashamed of “my body’s” reaction earlier.

-F-Fine… - Jong In too tried to avoid my eyes and we both headed toward SM Ent.