Chapter 2

It's All Lies (Alternate/Original Ending)

 

One Year Later

 

Another relieved sigh escaped his lips. He straightened his black suit and confidently nodded, “This is it.”

 

“Hyung,” Jongup came rushing in, “Are you ready? Everyone’s here already.”

 

Daehyun inhaled deeply and tried to calm the nervousness down. Suddenly he felt a hand patting and squeezing his shoulder. He turned around to see Jongup smiling brightly at him.

 

“I’ll be as nervous as you too when my time with Bomi comes, hyung,” Jongup nodded and left. Before he stepped outside the door, he turned around and held a thumbsup, “By the way, please don’t faint when you see your bride later. She’s really pretty. I’ll wait for you outside, then.”

 

Daehyun appreciatively smiled, showing his teeth and the baby fats on his cheeks. Jongup let out a small laugh and shuffled out of the room, leaving Daehyun back to his nervous state. He reached out the black masquerade mask by the dressing table and shook his head in amusement

 

“‘Silly. She wants a masquerade theme wedding and we have to wear one too,” Daehyun chuckled to himself, “But whatever that makes you happy, baby, I will do it.”

 

As he marched to the hall, everyone was already there and Daehyun couldn’t even identify any of them since they were all wearing the mask for the wedding theme. He could only make out Jongup standing by the podium, waving to him with his infamous innocent grin.

 

“This way, Daehyun,” His father said and led him infront to where he should be standing waiting for the bride.

 

“You look… cute with that mask,” Daehyun whispered as he stood next to Jongup. Jongup raised an eyebrow, “Don’t tell me you fell for me, hyung. It's already too late to confess now.” They both burst out in a suppressed laughter but stopped when Mr. Jung shot them a look.

 

“Here comes the bride,” The MC said and immediately a beautiful wedding song began playing.

 

It was quiet for a moment, and only the melodic song echoed throughout the hall. Daehyun could feel his heartbeat thumped, clearly excited to see his bride coming for him.

 

Daehyun gasped, his felt his jaw dropped and his heart almost stopped beating as his eyes caught you walking elegantly while holding hands with your father. He couldn’t see your face clearly since you were wearing a mask you had specially designed and ordered for the wedding. Your cream and white colored wedding gown gracefully fit your slender body and the tiara and veil really gave out the aura.

 

Your father eventually let you go infront of Daehyun. He kissed your forehead before giving your hand to Daehyun. The two of you couldn’t leave your eyes from each other and only looked away when an older relative of Daehyun came to the front and cleared his throat.

 

“I’m sorry, but let us start now. You can continue staring at each other after this,” Mr. Lee teased and the hall burst with laughter.

 

The wedding vow started to commence. You and Daehyun listened intently and followed every word Mr. Lee asked them to say. Finally, it was your turn to answer the wedding vow.

 

Before you could answer, you turned and looked at him closely. Daehyun felt like you were saying ‘thank you’ to him through your eyes, and he gave you a small smile with a nod.

 

“I do,” You finally answered.

 

Without waiting for Mr. Lee to announce the newlyweds, Daehyun leaned forward and crashed his lips on yours. Your mind went blank for a moment before you could register what he was doing and responded to his kiss.

 

“Hyung,” Daehyun felt a tug on his arm when he was about to deepen the kiss. He hesitantly pulled away frowned, “What now?”

 

“You’re in public, and you two haven’t exchange rings yet,” Jongup whispered with a worried look on his face. Daehyun’s eyes widened and he turned around only to find the guests whispering and smiling to each other.

 

You felt your face heated up while Bomi giggled behind you and shook her head. Daehyun awkwardly smiled and bowed to the audience, sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck.

 

------

 

It had been a long day and you felt extremely worn-out after the wedding reception. The hotel had prepared a honeymoon package for newlyweds who had their reception at the hotel including a suite room for three days and two nights with complimentary breakfast, lunch and dinner. You had never tried staying at a hotel before so this was a new experience to you and Daehyun found it cute seeing how excited you were when both of you entered the room.

 

Daehyun was taking his shower, and since you had already had your shower, you waited for him while watching a music program on the TV while drying your hair.

 

“Watching Inkigayo?” Daehyun came into the room with a towel only wrapped from around his waist and another towel to dry his wet hair.

 

You hummed in reply and Daehyun plopped himself down next to you on the bed. It was SHINee’s turn to perform and there was a minute where Minho stripped his shirt to show the abs he had been working on. Your eyes widened in excitement as Daehyun raised his eyebrow, “What’s so exciting about that?”

 

“Can’t you see? He has abs!” You pointed, without even turning your gaze from the TV.

 

“Seriously?” Daehyun snorted, “ You haven’t seen mine.”

 

You turned to him and looked down on his bare stomach. With a scoff, you rolled your eyes and let out a sarcastic laugh, “In 10 years time~”

 

Daehyun furrowed his eyebrows, “Don’t dare me.”

 

You smirked and batted your eyelashes, “I dare y—”

 

He cut off your words with a kiss. You wanted to protest but feeling how good he was, you gave in and the kiss turned into a heavy make-out session.

 

Both of you pulled away when Daehyun tried to take your bathrobe off. You stopped him and he looked at you.

 

“Daehyun, I may have said this a thousand times before. Thank you. Thank you for your patience, your endless love to me and for everything that you have done. I was immature back then, I’m sorry for everything. If you had lost your hope for me and hadn’t waited for me, I might probably not see the world from a brighter side now. You, Jongup and Bomi had been there for me through thick and thin,” You said, almost whispering.

 

Daehyun reached out to wipe the tear that slipped from the corner of your eyes and smiled. He caressed your cheek with his thumb while still gazing into your eyes.

 

“Thank you for always being there for me, Daehyun,” You took his hand from your face and kissed his palm. “I love you.”

 

Daehyun gently took his hand from you and cupped your cheeks. You blinked but couldn’t look away from his intense gaze.

 

“I love you too, baby,” He whispered in a husky voice and slowly leaned forward, only to capture your lips once again.

 


Hellooo~ Hehehe.. Sorry I just got time to post these two chapters up.. I had to attend to something at my friend's college and I just got back home.. Anyways, here it is, the original ending I was supposed to put up, but changed in the last minute because I thought of another idea.

But it's all right XD the sweet Bomi is alive here and is in a relationship with Jongup (remember about Jongup's unspoken love towards Bomi in the ending of It's All Lies?) Yeah, since Bomi is healthy and still breathing here, they ended up together.

And probably some of you are wondering too, where's the evil Kris and Yunee? ^^ Well, ofcourse they'd be in jail too, wouldn't they? Tehee..

I hope you guys enjoyed both endings I wrote for It's All Lies. I was surprised to get so much love and positive feedback for this story. Forgive me if there are any grammar or silly mistakes here and there.

See you all around, lovelies! *smooches