Hopes

Stars Shine Bright

The group had just finished performing their last song for the night, and the boys filed off the stage, Yoseob the only one still bouncing. Dongwoon reached forward and placed a hand on the man’s shoulder, forcing him to stay at one altitude. Yoseob rolled his eyes and shrugged the hand off, speeding up a little to move away from the maknae. He caught up with Doojoon and kept pace with the leader easily.

“We did good tonight right Leader-hyung?” Yoseob asked with a smile. Doojoon nodded and threw an arm around the younger man’s waist.

“It was a lot of fun and no one made any mistakes.” The leader agreed, letting Yoseob go once more. The man was really pumped as he always was after a performance.

Back at the dorms Yoseob relaxed on his bed, his iPod in his ears. Hyunseung sat himself on his bed across from Yoseob and yawned pointedly, trying to convince the man to turn off the light. The younger man closed his eyes, rocking his feet with the music. Exasperated, Hyunseung stood and switched the light off himself causing Yoseob to spring upright swearing.

“Why’d you turn off the light?” He asked, crossing his arms after pulling his earphones out.

“Because you wouldn’t.” The older man replied to the darkness, feeling his way to his bed. His fingers trailed over the blonde’s shins and he kicked out, his foot catching the side of Hyunseung’s leg, making the man howl in pain. “Geezus! What’d you do that for?” He cried out.

“Don’t touch me.” Yoseob huffed and climbed back into his bed, rolling over so his back was to the older man.  Hyunseung raised an eyebrow at the shadowy shape before climbing into his own bed.

“What’s your problem tonight Yoseob? You’re never so angry.” The red-head commented quietly, hugging his pillow against his chest.

“Just leave me alone.” Came the muffled reply.

Hyunseung shrugged, pushing his pillow upwards to rest his head on the bulging part. “If you’re sure, Endorphins” Yoseob bit his lip under the covers to prevent the smile that almost sprang to his face. It was a weird name but it never sounded so weird coming out of Hyunseung’s mouth. He could never say exactly why that touch had angered him. The boys would never let him live it down. Of course they’d piece all the bits together and form their conclusion, which Yoseob knew would be right. He never really talked to girls, and then getting hard because of Hyunseung’s feather-like touch? You’d have to be stupid to miss that one.

Yoseob huffed, pressing his face into the pillow. He wondered what Jonhyun would say, the man had known about the fanfiction’s fans had written about “Jonseob” and if he knew for sure that Yoseob was gay then they may become a little more serious to the man. Yoseob was sure he would never get to read another fic aloud with Jonhyun if he ever found out the truth.

“Goodnight Yoseob.” Hyunseung said quietly.

“Goodnight Hyunseung.”

 

The next morning Hyunseung’s alarm clock went off, waking up the blonde easily only to leave the red-head sound asleep. As was the ritual every morning Yoseob set about trying to wake the older man up.

“Hyunseung? Hellooooooooo!” Yoseob shook his shoulders first, and then started tugging teasingly on the red strands of hair that lay splayed all over the pillow. The older man waved his hand half-heartedly and rolled over, ignoring the man. Yoseob trailed his hand over the broad shoulder and down his arm, finding the crook of his elbow. Yoseob ran a finger gently over the pulse point, eliciting a surprised yelp from the red-head.

“Time to get up sleepy head.” Yoseob laughed, playfully hitting the back of Hyunseung’s head. Hyunseung, now wide awake, grabbed Yoseob’s wrist and pulled him down onto the bed beside him, rolling to pin the younger man down.

“You dare hit me?” He said, pretending to be angry. Yoseob struggled under the older man, pushing against the arm that pinned him to the mattress.

“Duhh! Of course!” He cried out, whimpering as Hyunseung added extra pressure to Yoseob’s chest. “Okay okay! I won’t do it again!” Yoseob laughed, giving one last shove at the older man as he let him up. Hyunseung offered his hand, pulling the younger up when he took it. Laughing, Hyunseung hit the back of Yoseob’s head softly before walking off to find breakfast. Yoseob stayed rooted to the spot, rubbing his chest absently.

“Oi! Yoseob-ahh! You coming down or what?” Doojoon called from the kitchen and Yoseob hurried to join the rest of the group.

“So the president and I have decided to let us have a day off today because of our performance last night!” Doojoon paused to let the other boys cheer happily. “So what are we going to do?” He asked, spreading his arms out to show he was open to suggestions.

“BOWLING!” Hyunseung cried out, slamming his fist on the table in his enthusiasm. Yoseob let his head fall onto his hands with an audible thump, making Hyunseung look over, a hurt expression on his face. “You don’t like bowling Yoseob?” He asked, pretending to wipe a tear form his face.

“Not with you.” The younger shrugged, lifting his head to look the red-head. At this Hyunseung replaced the fake upset face with a real one.

“That wasn’t nice Yoseob.” Doojoon scolded, pushing Yoseob gently by the shoulder.

“Sorry leader-hyung. Sorry Hyunseung I didn’t mean it.” Yoseob muttered, putting his head back down on his arms. He had only meant it as a joke but apparently the rest of the group didn’t see it as such.

No one else put up their hand to make a suggestion, making Hyunseung clap happily, Yoseob’s comment all but forgotten.

“Bowling it is.” Doojoon said, smiling at the red-head who jumped up, letting loose a whoop. Yoseob couldn’t help but smile as the man jumped up, his shirt revealing the tiniest slither of skin.

“Bowling it is.” He repeated under his breath and stood to get ready. At last all six boys gathered in the media room, all dressed casually. Yoseob pulled at the button-up shirt he wore, attempting to keep the hem over the waistband of his pants. He made a mental note to pick up some new shirts while the group was out and about. 

Hyunseung approached the blonde, tugging the tail of his shirt down, the back of his hand brushing against the younger man, making him jump forward.

“You need new shirts.” He stated, pointing at the hem of the one he wore which had risen to expose his hips. Yoseob nodded, tugging it back down.

“I know.” He sighed.

 

The boys strolled through the mall, looking at the displays of the shops until Yoseob pulled Doojoon back for a moment. “Uhm Doojoon? Can I go in there to get some new shirts?” Yoseob asked, gesturing first to the shop and then to the skin that just would not stay hidden. Doojoon chuckled and nodded, calling Hyunseung over to Yoseob in the shop.

“Just make sure he doesn’t make a dork of himself.” Doojoon stage whispered to Hyunseung, making Yoseob cross his arms and pout. Hyunseung reached up and ruffled his hair before walking into the shop. “Coming Endorphins?” He called over his shoulder.

Yoseob trotted to catch up to the red-headed man and started to explain what he was looking for. Some nice, colorful but not too colorful, button up shirts, but not too many buttons, and the list went on as the blonde described the kinds of shirts he was after.

“So like whatever?” Hyunseung asked with a smile.

“Uhh well yeah. But it’s gotta fit.” Yoseob nodded.

The boys looked through the shop picking out a few shirts that caught Yoseob’s fancy.

“I’m gonna go try these on!” He said cheerfully, holding up the armful of shirts. Hyunseung nodded and followed the blonde over to the dressing rooms, seating himself outside the cubicle Yoseob chose. The younger male changed into the first shirt, stepping out to show Hyunseung who hummed thoughtfully. Standing, the red-head observed Yoseob, pulling at the hem as he circled the man.

“Not bad… Next?” Yoseob nodded and returned to the cubicle, hanging the shirt up on the “maybe” hook. After stepping out for the sixth time, Yoseob had no shirts on the yes pile and was starting to become irritated. The red and grey shirt he wore now seemed to fit fine, and the color was nice so he stepped out to show Hyunseung once more. The red-head stood once more and went about the exact same routine as the last five times. His hands tugged at the shirt, testing the collar and the lower hem. His fingers brushed along Yoseob’s hips and the younger boy shuddered delicately, biting his lip hard. For some reason, the older man’s fingers kept brushing against his stomach, and Yoseob was beginning to tire of the constant teasing.

“Could you stop touching me please Hyunseung?” He asked with a slightly clipped tone.

“Ehh? What do you mean Yoseob?” The red-head asked, tilting his head to the left.

“You keep touching my hips and stomach and it is driving me mad!” The boy cried, covering his face with his hands. Hyunseung frowned, resting a hand on Yoseob’s arm. “Just stop… Please.” Yoseob turned and stepped back into the cubicle, standing still for a moment trying to clear his head. He felt like he would explode if Hyunseung touched him like that again, even if the red-head didn’t mean it the way Yoseob wanted him to.

After purchasing three of the ‘maybe’ shirts Yoseob and Hyunseung left the store to find the rest of the group who were already waiting outside the bowling alley. Inside the boys set themselves up, each choosing a ball for themselves. Yoseob was up first and he stepped up to the line, one eye closed as he observed the lane carefully. His attention was such that he jumped violently when Hyunseung’s hand rested on his back.

“You’re leaning too far forward.” The red-head whispered; his face pressing against the blonde’s. Yoseob gulped and nodded, allowing the older man to adjust his posture. Feeling the man’s chest against his back was distracting and when he finally let the ball go, it headed straight for the gutter.

“Damn!” Yoseob cursed, stamping his foot. “Too far forward.” He muttered, sitting down next to Gikwang as Hyunseung stepped up for his turn, only to bowl a strike. He jumped twirling around with a bright smile over his face to high-five the other members. Yoseob laughed at the man’s enthusiasm, slapping him a high-five eagerly. The blonde swore that Hyunseung’s fingers caught on his, but he couldn’t be sure. Maybe it was just wishful thinking? Yoseob sat back, trying not to focus on it too much.

The night went on in the same fashion, Yoseob attempting to concentrate, only to be foiled by a feather-light touch from Hyunseung. By the time the boys arrived home, Yoseob was desperate for Hyunseung to touch him properly, so much so that it was almost unbearable. Laying in the darkness Yoseob waited until Hyunseung’s breathing slowed, becoming more regular as he fell asleep.

“Oh god.” Yoseob whispered into the black. “Why do I like you so much Hyunseung?” He sighed, covering his face with his hands. Hyunseung smiled softly, his eyes open and staring at the form across from him as the blonde spoke. “Why do you tease me?”

Because I like you so much too, Endorphins. Hyunseung mouthed at the boy, his lips pulling up lightly. Yoseob stole a glance at the older man, who hastily shut his eyes even though he was quite certain Yoseob wouldn’t be able to tell the difference. The younger man climbed out of his bed and crouched in front of Hyunseung’s face. He was so close; Hyunseung could feel his breath trailing across his cheek as he breathed. A finger trailed down the side of his face and he sighed lightly, causing Yoseob to spring back, staring at Hyunseung and trying to determine whether the red-head was asleep or not. The older man faked a groan, stirring a bit before pretending to wake up.

“Yoseob?” He asked, faking a sleepy voice. “Why are you standing there like that?” He lifted himself up on his elbow and looked up at the blonde.

“I had to get a drink of water… And you were snoring.” He muttered, climbing back into his bed as Hyunseung smirked, rolling over only to fall asleep moments later, leaving Yoseob in silence. The blonde rolled over, falling asleep himself.