Waiting

Wait

The DBSK members were fed up of waiting. They thought, by now at least, Changmin would have made a move on Kyuhyun. But no, still no improvement from the relationship of the maknaes. Jaejoong, Yunho, Junsu and Yoochun already knew about their maknae's new found attraction for the Super Junior member. At first, it was fun to watch Changmin act in such an awkward manner. After all, it wasn't something they saw every day. But now, after many months, nearly a total of 2 years, there was no difference. And at this point, the DBSK members had lost all their patience.

Their maknae was it the lounge room at the moment. Jaejoong, Yunho, Yoochun and Junsu wanted to see some progress.

"Make a move already!" Exclaimed Yunho at the maknae. Changmin looked up at his older hyung, sitting down on the couch and reading some Japanese manga.

"...What are you talking about Hyung?" Asked Changmin Yunho rhetorically. The younger's hyungs simply showed Changmin a rather disapproving expression.

"You, and Kyuhyun. Why won't you make a move on him?" Junsu questioned. Changmin simply stared.

"Why would I?" Changmin asked back. Jaejoong sighed heavily.

"Because you like him, he probably likes you, and Kyuhyun won't wait forever." Jaejoong muttered. Changmin gulped at those words, he doubted them.

"I don't expect him to wait." Changmin replied bluntly, and it was true. His hyungs stared, they knew how much Changmin liked Kyuhyun. At this point, it wasn't even counted as 'like' anymore. Now, it was counted as 'love'.

"...Changmin, make a move!" Exclaimed Yoochun. Changmin was untouched by Yoochun's words.

"...If I made a real move Kyuhyun, what do you think would have happened?" Changmin asked rhetorically. His hyungs stared back at him.

"Well, you guys would end up together!" Exclaimed Junsu. Changmin let out a cold and humourless laugh.

"...Hyung, you're completely wrong and forgetting something important." Changmin muttered. Jaejoong, Yunho, Yoochun and Junsu gave the maknae a twisted expression.

"What?" Questioned Yunho.

"Kyuhyun, he's my best friend. And I have entered the so called 'friend zone' which is hard to escape. Kyuhyun sees me as nothing else but his best friend." Changmin told them.

"Then change that!" Jaejoong yelled at him, Changmin gave that smile. Not a smile of happiness, but not necessarily a smile of sadness.

"And there's something else. Kyuhyun has absolutely no experience with love what so ever. He's never dated anybody and he never had a boyfriend. To him, 'love' is something completely foreign. If I were to make a move on him, wouldn't he get scared away and just leave me?" Asked Changmin rhetorically. The DBSK member's eyes widened slightly.

"..." His hyungs went silent.

Changmin was unfazed by it.

"If I think he's ready, I'll make a move. But right now, he's just the way he is. To be honest, Kyuhyun's not waiting for me, I'm waiting for him." Changmin spoke in a whispering tone.

"...But-" Changmin cut his hyungs off.

"At the moment, I am the closest I will ever get to Kyuhyun in a while. And still, I'd rather be here than watch from the sidelines." Changmin said. He then stood up, and walked to the door. Changmin grabbed his jacket, and his keys.

"Where  are you going?" Asked Yoochun.

"...I'm going to see Kyuhyun, we decided to meet. With Minho of course." Changmin muttered quietly. The others gulped.

"Have fun." Jaejoong spoke.

"...I will." Changmin replied, a slight smile on his face.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Changminnie!" Kyuhyun exclaimed happily as he ran to Changmin. They were currently standing outside a rather small restaurant, and Changmin had just arrived. Changmin couldn't keep the smile of his face, loving the way his name sounded when Kyuhyun spoke it. He was happy, to see the Kyuhyun.

"Kyuhyun-ah." Changmin muttered calmly, trying to keep his cool. Kyuhyun laughed slightly, wrapping his arms around Changmin. The slightly older maknae was unaware of what effect he had on the other.

"You're here, good to see you." Kyuhyun muttered as he gave Changmin a tight hug. Hesitantly, Changmin returned it, feeling the sudden warmth. Changmin was sometimes afraid to hug the other. He was afraid that if he hugged Kyuhyun, he would have been unable to let go. It was one of the feelings the younger maknae had felt for some time.

"Good to see you too." Changmin replied, a little annoyed when Kyuhyun let go of him.

"I can't believe you made me wait by myself. You're the secret leader of Kyu-line, remember (I don't know why I wasn't surprised when Kyuhyun said that the leader of Kyu-line was actually Changmin... I guess I had a feeling about it from the beginning >_<)?" Kyuhyun asked rhetorically, the other let out a quiet and somewhat subtle laugh.

"I remember. Is Minho here yet?" Changmin asked, Kyuhyun quickly shook his head.

"No, not yet." Kyuhyun answered.

"I see..." Changmin replied shortly.

"...Actually, why did you name it Kyu-line in the first place?" Kyuhyun questioned, a cutely twisted expression on his face. Changmin thought for a minute, thinking of an answer. There was no way Changmin was going to answer 'because I like you' or 'because I like saying your name'. No, he definitely couldn't say such things. Not yet anyway.

"Well, if I called it the Chang-line, it wouldn't have sounded very good. So, I used your name." Changmin answered with a serious expression on his face, Kyuhyun stared at the other.

"Is that the only reason?" Questioned Kyuhyun.

"...Since when were you this curious?" Changmin asked with a half-smile on his face, Kyuhyun smiled back.

"Since the beginning. And Mr. Shim, you still haven't answered my question." Kyuhyun spoke, staring straight into Changmin's eyes.

"Not telling you anything besides that. Figure the rest out yourself." Changmin smirked at the other, Kyuhyun pouted slightly. Changmin couldn't help but think that it was rather cute.

"Huh? Why?" Kyuhyun asked in a whining voice, Changmin laughed.

"Because I'm seeing how stupid you are. When you figure it out, I'll give you a prize." Changmin spoke, Kyuhyun hit him lightly.

"What's the prize?" Kyuhyun asked.

"Not telling that either." Changmin replied, Kyuhyun scowled at the slightly younger maknae.

"Ah, so mean!" Kyuhyun exclaimed.

"Speak for yourself, Evilkyu." Changmin quickly retorted. Kyuhyun

"Let's go inside, hurry." Kyuhyun quickly muttered, holding Changmin's hand and pulling him into the shop. Changmin simply smiled.

He couldn't say he wanted to be here forever, but at the moment, Changmin was rather satisfied with it. He knew that his bestfriend was so oblivious that it was foolish, but that was how Kyuhyun was. If he were any other way, it wouldn't would have been Kyuhyun. And maybe that was why Changmin fell in love with him. Because Kyuhyun was different from everyone else in pretty much every single aspect. Not to mention the challenge. As they say...

The longer you wait for something, the more you appreciate it when it arrives.

The harder you fight for something, the more priceless it becomes once you achieve it.

The more pain you endure on your journey, the sweeter your destination.

All good things are worth fighting for.


"What are you thinking about?" Kyuhyun questioned quietly, his skin lit by the glow of the dim light.

"Stuff." Changmin replied with a smirk, Kyuhyun scowled.

"Like?" Kyuhyun asked.

"Things." Changmin retorted.

"You're so annoying..." Kyuhyun muttered, Changmin laughed.

And the day that Kyuhyun finally his, Changmin was going to make him pay back for all the time he waited.

One day, Changmin was going to make Kyuhyun scream his name.

Literally.

-------------------------------------------------------

I may or may not write a sequel... What do you guys think?~ ^^