Nanka itte aka no tanin [Say something perfect stranger]

Aka No Tanin

 

Competition day, I sighed. I re-read the message Gayoung left at my cyworld account.

 

The worst thing a guy can do to a girl is to make her fall without intending to catch her. Hope that you realized what you have done. Anyway, good luck on today’s competition.”

 

I grabbed my stuff as I started my way to go to school. Right now, the band doesn’t seem to be doing well, mainly because the other hyungs have noticed how distant Jungshin and I have been with each other for the past few days, but neither of us told them the truth, neither of us really talked. But from his actions, does he like Mihyun?

As I walked along the street, I saw a familiar looking motorcycle, and there right beside it stood Jungshin. I smiled at him, he gave a small wave. I kept on walking my way, it felt really awkward as we both gazed at our own feet.

“I don’t like Mihyun. I mean I like her for you and as a friend, but I don’t like like her.” He suddenly stated as I walked passed him. My mind suddenly went blank and I just stared at him. “I just didn’t like what you did” he continued. I wanted to go and hug him at that very moment, he finally talked to me.

 

“so... does this mean we’re friends again?”

Jungshin smirked as he shook his head. “childish. Come on get on, we’re going to be late”

 

We arrived at school just in time before the program started. There were already a lot of other people, from performers to viewers, the school gym was already filled up and there were probably a lot of students who came early to get a good seat. Lucky we were performers, since all performers had the front row.

 

Shifting my gaze from the audience, to the stage, to the doors, I couldn’t find her. I got worried that maybe she wasn’t going to show up, but as I was about to give up, I spotted Kyuhyun with some other students who were also opening acts at the side of the stage, there she was with a hoobae, they were laughing. I know I’m not supposed to feel this way, but I was so jealous I wanted to get off my seat and pull her away from him. But it would just make her angrier.

 

She was one of the opening acts, no surprise in that. Cho siblings are very smart and not to, mention talented. They seem to be close to perfect.

 

“And now, please welcome Cho Mihyun and Cha Sunwoo for the opening act!” The MC suddenly announced. I guess I was too immersed in my thoughts that I haven’t been paying attention to anything that was happening till I heard her name.

 

There she was standing on stage, looking bored, no sign of nervousness. She kept a blank look, but her eyes were darting from one corner to the other, apparently looking for something, or someone. Then our eyes met, she just stared at me, walking to her position without looking away, the music started. My heart started beating wildly

“kkeojyeojulge jal sara(I’ll back off so you can live)” She started. There was a sudden pain in my heart… She was going to sing a bitter-sweet break up song, and she was looking directly at me

 

Some part of her choreography had to point, reach out her hand and stuff, and every time she had to do it, it would all go to my direction

 

“Do you happen to remember that day? That day when we first met, I still remember it. I believed your lies, I believed it. Did you really love me? I’ll forget you so you can live better. Goodbye”

 

The song ended, people were clapping so hard, some were shouting. She had a breath taking performance, a very emotional one, she captivated the hearts of many, but none of them knew the reason why the song really touched their hearts. Mihyun was suffering heartbreak, all because of a guy who played with her, a guy who didn’t deserve someone like her, yet still wants her, still yearns for her.

 

As she walked away from the stage, Mihyun wiped something of her eyes. It crushed me, no doubt it was a tear drop since Kyuhyun automatically came for her aid. She smiled at him, it pained me even more, she was covering up that she was hurt too.

 

It was our turn next, Mihyun’s group had just finished their Shady Girl performance, as she walked of the stage, she avoided my gaze. I couldn’t help it anymore. I grabbed her wrist, gently as she walked passed me, everyone was looking at us, good thing Kyuhyun wasn’t anywhere in sight or he would’ve pounded me.

 

“Mihyun, we need to talk. Please listen to me” I whispered, the hyungs looked at me curiously.

 

“There’s nothing to talk about” Mihyun whispered back “Wasn’t it all clear?”

“Our next band competitors are composed of four very handsome students,” the MC started

 

“I think you’re up. Let’s talk later. We’re drawing too much attention. Good luck” Mihyun said as she pulled her hand off of my grasp

“Let us welcome Code Name: Burning, Lovely, Untouchable and Emotional, or in short, CN Blue!”

 

Some people cheered, the others went on stage while I hesitated, debating if I should run after her. But Jonghyun hyung grabbed me by my arm half dragging me up the stage.

 

Half heartedly, I took my spot behind the drums as I scanned the room for Mihyun, there she was sitting right infront.

 

 “Hello. We are CNBLUE. I’m Jung Yonghwa, for guitar, vocals and rap. That’s Lee Jonghyun for lead guitars and vocals, Lee Jungshin for Bass, vocals and rap. And you very own Kang Minhyuk behind the drums. We are going to sing two original compositions. They are entitled 상상(Imagine) and Love Girl”

 

Jonghyun hyung started off, it was nearly the end of the song, everyone was waving their body to the tune, I glanced at Mihyun, she was still the same

“naneun neoreul saranghae, nae sarangi dwe eojwo
neoreul saranghae, yonggi nae gobaek halge Oh oh
You’re my imagine love yeah”

 

Right after the first song we immediately started off with next

“I want you oh my love, naman bara bwajwo, neomaneul saranghae
sesang modu byeonhaedo
Oh my love, neoman bomyeon ttwineun gaseum eonje kkajina
neoman damgo isseulge”

[Iwant you oh my love Only look at me, I will only love you even if the whole world changes
Oh my love My heart starts to thump when I look at you, I will always have you in my heart]

 

Everyone started clapping their hands, following to the beat, enjoying themselves. Everyone except Mihyun. My smile faded as she stood up leaving even before our performance ended.

 

“That was one of the best performances today! We started out with a grand emotional performance from Ms. Cho Mihyun and Mr. Cha Baro, up to all our contestants! I’m sure the judges are having a hard time right now”

 

The MC was blabbing. I didn’t care. As soon as they let us off the stage, I started looking for Mihyun. Some people greeted me as I ran by, some were asking for photos, which I all politely refused. My mind was only filled with her. I was running around school like a total idiot

“Cho Mihyun. Where are you?”

As I wiped away sweat from my forehead, my phone started ringing. I didn’t bother checking the ID

“I’m at the school rooftop. I’ll wait for you here”

It was Mihyun. Without second thoughts, I immediately made my way up there. As I reached my destination there she was standing opposite of me. We just gazed at each other. The silence was breaking me

 

Say something, say anything. I just want to know if you want me out of your life now.